About coming out of that cozy shell

oh yes.swayay

Don Juan
Reaction score
A professor of mine (who happens to be the absolute man!) once challenged the class to go one day without eating. He said that most of the people who couldn't do it, gave up just at the last minute before going to sleep. Why would you quit when you're so close? He told us it's not because they were just too hungry that they couldn't stand it. It's the fear of change. The fear to push past your comfort zone.

So what I've learned from that is that it's important to challenge yourself to step past that comfort zone. It can be extremely scary sometimes but you'll feel like the man afterwards. Rather than worrying about how uncomfortable the situation will make you feel, try to look forward to how accomplished you'll feel afterward. Let that thought be your motivation to get off your computer or video game station and go to that party you were too "lazy" (afraid) to go to.

Happy New Year folks! This is your year!

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Brilliant.

Reminds me of when my teacher told me "You have to step out of your comfort zone in order to get noticed" because on halloween I wore a nerd outfit and got massive amounts of good attention.