About clothes....

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive read in some articles that a DJ should always be dressed his best etc., does this mean always wearing a tie and stuff like that? I would feel so uncomfortable dressed like that. I'm a freshman in college and about 85% of the girls I know are drooling all over the "skater" type guys... that's actually the look I go for too right now b/c 1. The girls around here seem to love it and 2. It's VERY comfortable. Everytime I'm with a girl and they see a guy dressed all nice they think he is gay. So what i'm saying is, does a DJ HAVE to dress up? Or just dress in whatever makes him feel confident? I feel great in my jeans w/ripped seams and button up shirts, I always match everything real well and wear cologne etc. but i'm pretty far from the corporate look.

LuckyStrike

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should dress in whatever makes you feel confident and most importantly, comfortable. If you're into the "skater" look, then even better! Chics can tell from a mile away if you're trying to dress or be something your not. Just be you and your confidence will follow as a result.

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LuckyStrike
I think you should dress in whatever makes you feel confident and most importantly, comfortable. If you're into the "skater" look, then even better! Chics can tell from a mile away if you're trying to dress or be something your not. Just be you and your confidence will follow as a result.
Right on.

I started wearing nicer clothing, not formal. But, I wear silky shirts with pleated pants. I feel just as comfortable in them as when I wear a T-shirt with shorts. Clothing really doesn't matter as much. As long as you wear what makes you confident. You'll notice that you get more attention when you walk with pride and confidence(not over-weening pride) then if you slump and look at the ground when you walk. I have tried wearing my casual and my semi-formal look and get pretty much the same responces.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just wear your skater gear clean and ironed. and you'll be fine.
some girls will dig skater guys some will dig a more formal look.
what you'll probably find is that around 19-22 girls tastes will tend to change away from the skater (who at 15-18 is cool, but normally by 20 odd, skating isn't so cool and like a classier look is better) but go for what works. you could wear anything, just keep it clean, matching, ironed. etc.

keep the hygene up aswell.

picking up is easy as ****. picking up HIGH quality 8+ consistantly isn't easy (for me) i've not got the best head.. but picking up is easy. :)

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright cool. And btw. if i gave the wrong idea, I don't dress like a total slob or anything.... you know how a lot of new jeans (like Abercrombie) come already ripped and stuff? That's mostly what I meant by that. Most of my tops come from PacSun... they are always clean and ironed but it's a really casual care-free look. I've got a couple nicer polos that I mix with the "skater pants" for a uhmm... well unique look. I always have a collar though, never wear t-shirts by themselves and i don't go too extreme, I really want to avoid looking cheap but I do like to have a bit of an edge. (with that said, im actually having some trouble right now on weather or not to get a piercing or 2.... I really like them but I want something pretty subtle, I was thinking maybe something really small on the upper cartilage of my ear and POSSIBLY a lobe, but that has been done to death)

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have none.
eye brow ring isn't too bad, i'd avoid peircing anything like nose, under ur lip, or anything like that..
i'd say eyebrow or ear.

prob depends on what kind of girls you want to pick up though.

Master Homer

Don Juan
Reaction score
The rule I use if I think I look good in it, then I probably do.

balengar

Don Juan
Reaction score
the skater look goes down to the same thing as punk rockers.

chicks dig rock n roll bands cuz they exude the WHO GIVES A FREAK attitude (pam/tommy carmen/douchebag)

like said, dress in WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL MOST CONFIDENT.........

"as you believe, then you shall become"

someone once said that "chicks can smell game" well i agree, but also think that chicks can smell confidence too.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your "look" isn't something you just decide that you want to go for... It's an extension of you. I can look at how a guy dresses and tell around how much money he makes a year, the type of people he associates with and other things that are important.

You just don't talyor your wardrobe around what you think girls think is cute... How DJ is that?

BTW I used to think the same way you did about dressign up, then I started my own company and cut off my hair, which was longer than most womans, started to shave every day, and started wearing desiner clothes and I will never go back

You don't necessary have to wear a tie to dress up, pick up some GQ mags and look at some of the outfits. I don't even wear a tie all of the time when I am at work.

As far as "dress up" clothes being uncomfortable; go buy some "Real" slacks and some dress shirts... I just got done mopping my floor and some Brown slacks because I did not feel like taking them off.

However I am not telling you how to dress, just that you need to do what YOU want to do, not what you think woman want you to do.