A Simple Debate

young pat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being home for school over the Easter weekend has got me back together with some good friends of mine, many of them are very good with women. Women are always the topic of conversation when we get back together.

The one debate a bunch of us were split over this time involved your buddies and your ex. Is is EVER to date a friends ex? I'm from the camp that is hell bent against it, as she was a friends at one point and there are plenty of other fish in the sea to need to do that.

I have other friends who say that after some arbitrary time (we were not talking years here) it's more then within their right to date an ex of a friend. Again I don't see the need in this as I'm sure that if your friend didn't find her to be gf material I'm sure that you will not either.

Mind you I had an ex attempt to get back at me by hooking up with a friend of mine, and it failed miserably as I did not give a ****. She tried some over the top PDA around me, then I openly advised him on how to get her off in the middle of the party he brought her to (she was a friend of nobody other then him).

This only made her look like a slut after the rest of the party inquired about the back story. In the end I got a good laugh so did the rest of my friends, but the one who was with my ex, he got angry for having a laugh at his 'dates' expense.

I liked the guy, but I did lose a bit of respect for him as he didn't see this as a rebound and an attempt to get back at me all in one. To this day I have yet to date a woman who isn't compatible with me that is compatible with my good friends, and I lose some respect for any man who knowingly dates his friends ex's as I'm sure there are other motives on her part, and he's only aiding her attempt to harm him in some way.

Thoughts, opinions?

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's unwritten law. I have a few friends I would have their back before anything. However, I still have my "party friends" that have fvcked me over quite a few times. I've lost a lot of respect for them, but I'm still not a dirty player. I have too much respect for that. But if I don't know the guy, I have no shame in swooping up on some chumps girl.

SandHawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm against dating exes from friends. It usually tears up the group of good friends over some skank while there are so many fish out there. I would never date (or as the person above), f*ck a girl who has been with a buddy.

Tide

Don Juan
Reaction score
After the friend's completely over her I think its fine but while things are still raw, I wouldn't bother.
If the guy isn't a friend I ave no problems with getting on his girl / his ex / whoever.
:)

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If my friends want my leftovers, fine. Do I want theirs? No.