A quick observation about OLD and location settings

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to live in a city with a population of about 200,000 (metro was millions but so are most metros). There were hardly any colleges around. The women I met were gorgeous and generally high quality.

I have since moved to a larger city over twice the size, but with a very high University presence. The women here are abysmal in quality. I even seem to get slightly less matches, though the issue is definitely more to do with quality than quantity. So, I tried changing my location to a nearby beach city with a population similar to the last city I lived in and a similarly weak college presence, and in so doing both the quality and quantity of my matches has improved a lot, it's night and day.

So my theory is that a population of a city is not all that matters, but off the prevelance of higher education and leftism. I truly do think "educated" women are almost a guarantee to be lower quality in this day and age.

Another somewhat related discussion: Would you rather be a top .1% guy in a small city/town of higher quality women, or a top 10% guy in a city like NYC? Hard to say which is better.

Last edited:

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Another somewhat related discussion: Would you rather be a top .1% guy in a small city/town of higher quality women, or a top 10% guy in a city like NYC? Hard to say which is better.
What stops the top 0.1% guy from moving to NYC?

Mertz09

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm. Interesting.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What stops the top 0.1% guy from moving to NYC?
Not liking NYC

Most of the top-tier men are not liberal, though I'm sure many of them recognize the importance of bigger cities for opportunity/networking/etc

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The swipe apps are becoming more and more pointless year on year

Between the women on them being difficult AND the operators trying to scam money out of men anyway they can its become an utter mockery

My tinder pipeline is abysmal might get 1 decent match a week

I upgraded to "tinder gold" for a week and bought one of them purple boost things to see if they actually did anything

If anything it seemed to make it worse :rofl: it kept telling me to upgrade too platinum and get "priority likes"

IDK wtf "priority likes" are but no way in hell was I paying them more....Instead I just put a chargeback in with apple the next day saying none of the services they provided worked haha

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would be a top 10% guy in a city like NYC
You could be a top .1% guy in a small town and still get rejected.
Women in smaller cities have bigger issues.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The swipe apps are becoming more and more pointless year on year

Between the women on them being difficult AND the operators trying to scam money out of men anyway they can its become an utter mockery

My tinder pipeline is abysmal might get 1 decent match a week

I upgraded to "tinder gold" for a week and bought one of them purple boost things to see if they actually did anything

If anything it seemed to make it worse :rofl: it kept telling me to upgrade too platinum and get "priority likes"

IDK wtf "priority likes" are but no way in hell was I paying them more....Instead I just put a chargeback in with apple the next day saying none of the services they provided worked haha
Bro don't use Tinder

Granted I've been banned by it for years so idk how it would compare now, but Hinge seems to have much higher quality women and I never feel the need to use any of its paid features. I recently matched with a girl who literally sent me her schedule for the next 2 months so I could find time to meet her. I'd never meet women like that on Tinder.

I do admit things are getting worse but I don't think this is a unique problem to OLD, it's just the dating market in general.

I would be a top 10% guy in a city like NYC
You could be a top .1% guy in a small town and still get rejected.
Women in smaller cities have bigger issues.
Guess it depends where you're talking about, a small town in the middle of a shvthole flyover state is different than an affluent port/beach town on the coast. What bigger issues?

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maddox is the GOAT

I will never forget his website tagline:

This page is about me and why everything I like is great. If you disagree with anything you find on this page, you are wrong.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to live in a city with a population of about 200,000 (metro was millions but so are most metros). There were hardly any colleges around. The women I met were gorgeous and generally high quality.

I have since moved to a larger city over twice the size, but with a very high University presence. The women here are abysmal in quality. I even seem to get slightly less matches, though the issue is definitely more to do with quality than quantity. So, I tried changing my location to a nearby beach city with a population similar to the last city I lived in and a similarly weak college presence, and in so doing both the quality and quantity of my matches has improved a lot, it's night and day.

So my theory is that a population of a city is not all that matters, but off the prevelance of higher education and leftism. I truly do think "educated" women are almost a guarantee to be lower quality in this day and age.

I think you bring up a point that gets brought up a lot, your environment affects your success. A guy cleaning up in Ogden Utah may not clean up in New York City. A guy cleaning up in LA might struggle in Ames Iowa etc

Really there are so many factors that go into this, but there is a guy right now killing it in Nebraska but that same guy would struggle in Chicago.

I find this topic interesting cause I had talked to two guys (one being a friend) about Atlanta for example, my buddy cleans up like a janitor out there the other guy was struggling. My point is you can have two guys who are game-aware live in the same city/town/state and have different experiences. Of course, there are lot of things that factor in such as looks, personality, game, race, socioeconomic etc.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with @Bingo-Player .

The apps are a joke at this point. Being a middle-aged man = a shyte show like you've never seen before. Women on OLD 30y.o and up are impossible to deal with. Can't count how many profiles say: if you can't buy me diner how you gonna provide blablabla".

Listen bytch, imma just wanna get to know you. I'm not gonna wine and dine a complete stranger, and you should actually appreciate that mindset. Because IF we would hit it off, this same mindset is the reason I am capable of making some of your dreams come true...

You can't be dependent on only OLD. If you are, life (yes LIFE) will be miserable for you

Jumbo Gumbo

Banned
Reaction score
I think the apps would work better if they forced women to date just 1 guy at a time. Once she agrees on the app to go out with 1 guy, then her profile disables itself (no more texting other guys, no more matches) unless she tells the app your date did not work out, then she can ask the app to re-enable it, and then she can select another 1 guy to try.

My theory on this sounds extreme to some, but I think all women, if they have a dating app, it makes them cheaters. Digital cheaters and more. Honestly I think the apps really are that powerful for them, they are by design, much more powerful than any woman can resist. The apps are scientifically and mathematically designed to dominate women.

It is entirely out of this universe supernatural the amount of attention women receive from smartphones. Literally if they have a smart phone in their hand or in their pocket it means they are not capable of being in a healthy relationship, because it connects her so effortlessly with millions of men, from around the world.

Smartphones and these apps have literally poisoned our women. They have almost entirely supplanted natural mating mechanisms and abilities.

If you are on a date with a women and she has an active dating profile online, it means she cannot be a girlfriend to any one man. She cannot be a wife that does not cheat. Her smartphone is literally her boyfriend. It is her husband.

I think the smartphones and the apps really are that potent for women and they were scientifically designed to completely dominate women. Bad stuff guys.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the apps would work better if they forced women to date just 1 guy at a time. Once she agrees on the app to go out with 1 guy, then her profile disables itself (no more texting other guys, no more matches) unless she tells the app your date did not work out, then she can ask the app to re-enable it, and then she can select another 1 guy to try.

My theory on this sounds extreme to some, but I think all women, if they have a dating app, it makes them cheaters. Digital cheaters and more. Honestly I think the apps really are that powerful for them, they are by design, much more powerful than any woman can resist. The apps are scientifically and mathematically designed to dominate women.

It is entirely out of this universe supernatural the amount of attention women receive from smartphones. Literally if they have a smart phone in their hand or in their pocket it means they are not capable of being in a healthy relationship, because it connects her so effortlessly with millions of men, from around the world.

Smartphones and these apps have literally poisoned our women. They have almost entirely supplanted natural mating mechanisms and abilities.

If you are on a date with a women and she has an active dating profile online, it means she cannot be a girlfriend to any one man. She cannot be a wife that does not cheat. Her smartphone is literally her boyfriend. It is her husband.

I think the smartphones and the apps really are that potent for women and they were scientifically designed to completely dominate women. Bad stuff guys.
Right now OLD is nothing but a sausage on a stick dangling in front of a hungry dog(aka the " average " man).

At some point your smv7,5 becomes worthless, because you know that a hb5 will take as much effort as a hb8,5 took you back in the days. But the hb8,5 won't swipe on you unless you bring significant value to the table.

Don juans: get your money up, hit the gym, keel studying game and somehow find peace with the current climate. If needed hit a hooker once aa month.

Stay focused Kings

Jumbo Gumbo

Banned
Reaction score
Right now OLD is nothing but a sausage on a stick dangling in front of a hungry dog(aka the " average " man).

At some point your smv7,5 becomes worthless, because you know that a hb5 will take as much effort as a hb8,5 took you back in the days. But the hb8,5 won't swipe on you unless you bring significant value to the table.

Don juans: get your money up, hit the gym, keel studying game and somehow find peace with the current climate. If needed hit a hooker once aa month.

Stay focused Kings
Gamisch I agree, but, when I sign up for OLD I’ve learned to try it for 2 weeks limit. I do meet women with the apps. Probably the same type of babes as you guys. Some of the women are not the best but about half of them are out of my league and they look better than their profiles. But I’m in the city and I am tall if that matters.

My experiences from 2 weeks on a free Hinge account tends to be: matching with 35 women, asking 15 of them out, getting 3 phone numbers, and 1 date. At that point of around 2 weeks, the app causes me legit psychological distress. After 2 weeks my messages to women get negative or I feel so disappointed with every new profile it’s genuinely upsetting in a way. So I am cool with deleting the app after a 2 weeks run.

Another giant problem I noticed is that men like us at this forum we probably all overestimate how great of a catch we are. It took me a while of looking into the mirror to see that much.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gamisch I agree, but, when I sign up for OLD I’ve learned to try it for 2 weeks limit. I do meet women with the apps. Probably the same type of babes as you guys. Some of the women are not the best but about half of them are out of my league and they look better than their profiles. But I’m in the city and I am tall if that matters.

My experiences from 2 weeks on a free Hinge account tends to be: matching with 35 women, asking 15 of them out, getting 3 phone numbers, and 1 date. At that point of around 2 weeks, the app causes me legit psychological distress. After 2 weeks my messages to women get negative or I feel so disappointed with every new profile it’s genuinely upsetting in a way. So I am cool with deleting the app after a 2 weeks run.

Another giant problem I noticed is that men like us at this forum we probably all overestimate how great of a catch we are. It took me a while of looking into the mirror to see that much.
That's where you wrong.

The current climate makes a man reconsider his own smv and logically he'll downgrade himself.

At this point almost every man downgrades himself,or he did at some point. "If I was such a ctaxh then xyz would or wouldn't happen " Why you think whales thinking they're ten's? Because something gotta give.. some goes up ,so some goes down...

a man can easily have smv 8/9, deal with the wrong women, lose confidence, date down with a false sense of security, date a 6 ,while the 6 also cheats on him( due to your thesis that every woman with access to OLD will be on the market "forever" ). Now our Chad sincerely believes he's a 6 at a good day...

Just pep talking.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
As far as location is concerned, I’m in NorCal, when I was traveling in Arizona and Texas Colorado repeatedly, I cleaned up - like literally choosing between three chickies to entertain on any given night. Missouri was miserable, it’s like NorCal with even uglier wimmenz, SLC was so-so. Somehow I do well in non-coastal western states.

Like the difference was night and day.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
As far as location is concerned, I’m in NorCal, when I was traveling in Arizona and Texas Colorado repeatedly, I cleaned up - like literally choosing between three chickies to entertain on any given night. Missouri was miserable, it’s like NorCal with even uglier wimmenz, SLC was so-so. Somehow I do well in non-coastal western states.

Like the difference was night and day.
So why do you still live in NorCal?