a little love sick

teachme

Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend stayed with me Monday night...i invited her to stay tues...WELL, any/every night to be honest...well she said she had family in town and she replyed "thursday night?"...well it's thursday......she has text me twice today...the first text was "im so thankful for you"....the second was " im looking at your building" (i work late and she lives across the bay from where i work).... i replied both times with a simple smily face(the 1st text) and a HAHA to the second....i guess i don't wont this to be another onitest and mostly..i don't wont her to run the show. im sure some of you will say i sound needy BUT i do want your opinons ....i just don't want to remind her ...hey IT's THURSDAY. .....thanks for any input

Plec07

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
...I think your overthinking this far too much. Just phone her up or text her and say "hey are we still good for tonight?" It's a simple straight forward and reasonable question.

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
teachme said:
My girlfriend stayed with me Monday night...i invited her to stay tues...WELL, any/every night to be honest...well she said she had family in town and she replyed "thursday night?"...well it's thursday......she has text me twice today...the first text was "im so thankful for you"....the second was " im looking at your building" (i work late and she lives across the bay from where i work).... i replied both times with a simple smily face(the 1st text) and a HAHA to the second....i guess i don't wont this to be another onitest and mostly..i don't wont her to run the show. im sure some of you will say i sound needy BUT i do want your opinons ....i just don't want to remind her ...hey IT's THURSDAY. .....thanks for any input
Why are you thinking about this again? Come on. The first text is sweet, to the second you could have replied that she should stop stalking you (in a jokingly manner of course). Honestly, if she texts stuff like that, I think that's her way of asking if it's still on. And another thing, a man of true confidence wouldn't worry about texting or not texting. He'd do what the hell he feels like.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It happens to the best of us, when we start feeling a little more than just sexual attraction. Suddenly we feel vulnerable, we're scared of blowing it and getting hurt, so the defences go up.

It's weird, but when you're in this state of mind you suddenly start getting paranoid about little things she said or did not say, start noticing the length of her texts, how many kisses she adds and so on.

Basically, what Plec and Alex said are right. Stop giving in to this paranoia, just call her or text her and ask if she's still on for tonight.

If you keep acting cool and defensive, then she might start acting the same way, which will make you even more defensive...until you just stop talking. Don't let it get to that bro!

teachme

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you men.....i have MANY things to work on. as "yall" have said, I need to have many options...and i could if i applied myself.