A DJ Example from Friends

milrenkb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday I was watching a few rerun of Friends while I was getting ready to go out. During the course of my viewing an excellent example of how to be a DJ came up, which is ironic considering 2 out of the 3 male leads on the show base their characters around being AFC's, but I digress.

In these next few scenes a temporary character named Danny is introduced. According to the storyline he recently moved into Rachel and Monicas Apartment complex after a four month trek in the Andes. As a result he is introduced as having a grizzly beard and everything else that comes with it. Anyway enough talk, lets get to the examples.

[Scene: Their Building, Monica and Rachel are going to apologize to Danny. Rachel knocks on his door, which he opens and he has this really bushy beard and long hair. Picture Paul Bunyan.]

Danny: Yeah?

Rachel: Hi! You might not remember us, but we are the girls that fogged you.

Monica: We're-we're really sorry we fogged you.

Danny: Okay.

(He closes the door. Rachel's not happy with that and knocks again. He opens the door.)

Rachel: Hi! Just so you know, we-we didn't mean to fog you, we thought you were like a yeti or something.

Danny: Okay.

(He closes the door again. Once again, Rachel knocks (harder this time) and he answers it.)

Danny: Yesss?

Rachel: Hi! Sorry to bother you, but I don't think we can accept your acceptance of our apology, it just doesn't really seem like you mean it.

Monica: Yeah.

Danny: O-kay!

(He closes the door before Rachel can say anything.)

Monica: Wow! That guy is so rude!

Rachel: Really! What is with that guy? I mean you'd forgive me if I fogged you.

Monica: Well you did a little bit.

Rachel: Oh my God, honey, I'm so sorry!

Monica: I totally forgive you!

Rachel: Really?

Monica: Yes!

[Scene: Their building's lobby, Danny is checking his mailbox as Rachel enters carrying shopping bags and goes to her mailbox. Danny has shaved his beard and cut his hair, Rachel doesn't recognize him.]

Rachel: Hi!

Danny: So you like the short hair better.

Rachel: What? Yeti—I mean Danny?

Danny: I had to cut my hair to get rid of the uh, fogger smell.

Rachel: Oh. Listen, I'm so sorry. I would, I would've never fogged you if y'know if you hadn't looked so…. Y'know.

Danny: Absolutely. Some people are just into appearances.

Rachel: (shocked) What?

Danny: That's cool. Cool. (Starts to leave.)

Rachel: What? Hey! No-no-no! This not cool! You don't even know me!

Danny: Come on, you got the shopping bags and the Sack's catalog.

Rachel: So from that you think you've got me all figured out? Well, you don't! Y'know I-I could have toys for underprivileged kids in here!

Danny: Do you?

Rachel: Well, y'know, if-if kids like to play with Capri pants.

Danny: Okay. (Heads for his apartment.)

Rachel: And stop saying that! I hate that!

Danny: Okay!

(Rachel decides not to give up that easily and follows him to his apartment and bangs on the door, which he opens.)

Rachel: Fine! I judged you. I made a snap judgment. But you did it too! And you are worse because you are sticking to your stupid snap judgment! You can't even open up your mind for a second to see if you're wrong! What does that say about you?

Danny: The pizza-place across the street any good?

Rachel: What?!

Danny: I'm hungry. Wanna get some pizza? You can keep yelling if there's more.

Rachel: Okay. Okay.

Danny: Stop saying that. I hate that.

Case in point

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant believe you typed all of that out because u saw it on tv...

Anyways, i like Friends because it is funny. If you want to live vicariously through tv personalities, I am not one to stop you. But if you are going to look for a rolemodel, maybe he should be non-fictional?

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the exact same thought when I saw that episode. His character shows the power behind being cool and indifferent.

Dogfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
that's hillarious :D
good example, i think that is a great lesson :)

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember those scenes, he's a cool dude. But most women wouldn't react that way :p

milrenkb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha ha, theres no way I would've typed all that. I mean I like you guys, but not that much. This is nothing more than a cut and paste job. The scripts are available all over the net. I was actually surprised that the first one I found described the scene and the reactions of the characters so well.

And maybe your right that most women wouldn't act that way, but what I want to point out is the general concept that is being put on display here. Jariel puts it in plain simple english in his response to the post.

People that haven't fully grasped the whole concepts concerning what is being taught at sosuave.com will see this as a script of what to say women in certain situations when the fact of the matter is that its nothing more than an example of being 'cool and indifferent.' Its also a nice source of comic relief from the hectic struggle that life can be at times.