9th grade sensation

FreshMenTank

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a friend all throughout middle school, we weren't the most popular of kids, but we weren't lame. But um, we started highschool, and he decided to play football, and now he's like some highschool superstar. We dont hang out with each other any more, dont even talk. But here's the catch, I'm on the team as well. He plays Quarterback, and I'm a wide receiver. What's the problem?

Boxer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like he's putting himself out there. You should try it :cool:

Boxer

Don Juan
Reaction score
buckleyindahouse said:
If you know anything about football, QB's always get the most attention, head of the team.
That's not always true.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
buckleyindahouse said:
If you know anything about football, QB's always get the most attention, head of the team.
...No. In high school, I would even go as far to say that there are more teams that have a stand-out running back or d-lineman that "gets all the attention".

It's more often that you see an incredible athlete physically at running back, or a d-lineman who's already a giant of a man at 17 years old.

Sure, QB is the glamorous, sexy position. But I disagree that they get all, or even most, of the attention.

Rawrr

Reaction score
Differences, Differences.

I know what you mean when you explain your little situation there.
I've known a couple of people who I know longer hang out with that become very popular.

Here's the thing: people mature differently.
He may have gotten into different cliques or friend groups that boost his popularity.
And despite what you may think, football position doens't really matter all too much. If I was a girl I'd not really date people on the football team; some tend to be really ****y, arrogant, and just jerks (not saying anything about you though.)

So don't fret about it too much, different people change in different ways. It's just a part of life that you can't change. And think of it this way; if he gets all of the attention, you may be the better person. Think about it: when he wants to date a girl, temptation will always be there with the other women, cheating may occur, or he'll be torn apart by decisions. And he might be extremely arrogant like he rules the school. Less-popular guys may just have the personalities they might lack. Just saying.