22nd January 2nd Boot Camp week

IS|Reinhart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys post your results of week number 1 weather u suceeded or not. And give urself a little reward as a first week is done. We have the following members in our BD so far:
Shocker, Brian20o2, loismustdie8000, johnmich, shrewd, IS|Reinhart, DJ_in_making.

ok now to what we have to do:

Recruits, congratulations on finishing the first week!

By looking at the many posts to the thread, I can tell that this has been one hell of a power-packed week for many of you… and this is only the beginning!

Just like in a military boot camp, we’re going to maintain this high intensity atmosphere until we melt the AFC out of us, and become the DJ that’s just burning to get out.

Purpose of this lesson: So, now that you’ve practiced establishing eye contact, and have got more comfortable saying Hi to strangers, this week’s lesson takes us into the next phase – starting a conversation with a stranger!

For many people, this is the second most difficult step, right after dealing with rejections. So if you persevere through this week, you will have attained an unbelievable skill… one that will serve not only in meeting women, but in all aspects of your life.
Reading Matirials:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16209
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16664
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16646
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16382
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16383
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16621
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15740
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16636

Exercises

All right, so you’ve read the posts above, and you know have an understanding of how to approach people and start a conversation. Now, it’s time to do it!

Your mission is to go out and have short conversations (2 – 10 minute each in length) with 10 strangers. You can talk to them about anything, and you can talk to any person whom you have never spoken to before. You’ll find that it might feel a little awkward in the beginning to talk to strangers for any length of time… but after the first couple of times you’ll find that it’s actually a wonderful feeling. You’ll really get a rush out of this.

Also, keep in mind that most people want to meet other people and have conversations with them, but are just too shy or insecure. So in fact, you will be doing a huge favour to those people whom you decide to hold a conversation with. Plus, I’ll bet you’ll learn new things from them, and maybe even make a couple of new friends. And in this phase of the Boot Camp, don’t let yourself feel limited to speaking to only girls… speak with anyone you want!

In fact, if you’re a bit apprehensive about talking to people, you can start out with those people who are easier for you to approach. For me, this is senior citizens, since I’ve found that most of them love talking with anyone who would give them half an ear, and I’ve found them to be very interesting conversationalists.

After each conversation, write down in your journal what you thought of the conversation, and approximately the length of the conversation (estimate if you don’t have a watch). Once you complete this lesson, post your results, plus the topic of your most interesting conversation, and anything else you wish to share.

You have until this time next week to complete this lesson. Also, make sure you keep on practicing the skills learned in the first lesson (e.g., you can practice establishing eye contact with someone, saying Hi, and going into a conversation. However, initial eye contact or a Hi is not a requirement before initiating a conversation).

Also, a tip that might help you with this lesson, and the next few lessons, is the 3-second rule (You can find it on ASF). What this means is that when you find someone you might be interested in approaching, don't give yourself more than 3 seconds from the moment you are able, to approach them. Anything longer than 3 seconds highly increases the chance that your nerves will work against you, and that you'll chicken out. Even if you have nothing planned to discuss with them, you'll find that you'll amazingly have something to say if you can only force your feet to propel you to the person.

Ok basiacally i copied and pasted from bootcamp itself. Now this week you guys and myself i want to be more focused on responses. GIVE THE RESPONSE every single day of what you were doing so we could keep track of our progress.

Reinhart

IS|Reinhart

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah good idea Brian let everybody finish today their assignment. and tomorrow WEEK 2. Talking to strangers. Remember if u are not confident enough YET to speak with the hottest bit ches(although they don't bite and u will be amazed how insecure they are as soon as they open their mouth) talk atleast to UGs. And try do more than 10 maybe 20 is a good number!

Shocker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, Well glad to see everyone is ready to move on. Maybe we should just use the the other form that was made so we can keep all the results on one page so we can see the progression better.

The new week starts tomorrow (mon) , so do the readings today

Shocker

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hope everyones out there. Sorry I cant, Just got grounded till I get in all my HW. Hopfully get all done by thursday. If I have to Ill just be a week behind. Good luck meeting new people.:woo:

Shocker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian20o2
Hope everyones out there. Sorry I cant, Just got grounded till I get in all my HW. Hopfully get all done by thursday. If I have to Ill just be a week behind. Good luck meeting new people.:woo:

Grounded? wtf.. Im sure u have to leave your room at one point or another

Shocker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aquatico
Hey, If you guys don't mind, I think I'll join this one.
sure, we are on week #2 though, i suppose the 50 hi's arnt too important

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shocker
Grounded? wtf.. Im sure u have to leave your room at one point or another
I can leave my room. But I cant leave the house except for school. And its really hard to talk to people at school at random cause everyones so closed... I guess I might be able to in the lunch lines... Oh and one more thing... Would a convo with a friend you havnt seen in 4 years count? If so then I have 1/10. Even so I would really like to go to a mall or somthing to do this excercise.

IS|Reinhart

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok day FIRST Monday talked to 2 cute strangers HBs 6.5-7.
Tuesday i hope i'll talk to 2 because i'm stuck doing homework today 4-5 hours of reading :(.

Anyway guys keep the Bootcamp going remember u wna be DJs u have to work hard for that.

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: Off Groundation hopfully tmorrow night *crossing fingers, while doing math:down: *
Wasnt allowed to go to BBall game tonight even though Ive done 8 HW assignments today... 6 left...

How come nobody has any Convo stories yet?

Dying4Life

Reaction score
Im going to tag along. starting tommorow Im gonna talk with 10 girls Ive never met.
Look out Ladys the killer is here !!

MadLion

Reaction score
Hey im dieforlife's buddy. im gonna start in tomorow too. Ill be posting soon with my results.

IS|Reinhart

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok my 1 funny aproach:

I'm going back to my parking lot, next to me goes 1 girl around 5.5(she is very CUTE but was too fat for me, but i can still see she gets attension from the guys a lot) and 1 couple ahead. The guy is total AFC he initiates touching/holding hand and then ask his girl to give him her bag so he could carry it SO NICE!!! So i cam the 5.5 girl saying:

me: Exuse me can you do me a favor?
she:hmm yeah. What do u need?
me:Can you give me your bag so i could carry it for u and we will look exactly like that sweet couple:p
she is laughin: Why whats wrong about it?
me: Well look at the guy he initiates a touch behaving himself very nicely, and thinking that because wonderful and romantic things happening in his mind he will hold that girl around him forever.
she is Laughing her ass off: Yeah it is very FUNNY. But yeah that guy is a SUCKER.
me:Funny how guys behaving themself very cool but then they get too desperate for a girl, start chasing her and they get rejected.
she:Exactly! How do u know much about that were u a sucker before?(she was testing me)
me:Yeah i was totally dork like that, actually i can say social animal, until i understood that u girls are evil beings! That u looking for a guy who can handle u not worship u! Anyway i have to go there is my car see ya.
she: Bye have good luck in ur personal life.
me: Thx u are such a caring person u should probably majoring in Nursing
she laughed.

Shocker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im at 4 convo's now, 1 was in a book store which was about 10 minutes, another when I was voting with the people behind the booth, i forget the third one and I got one today at work.... now I wouldnt usually count ones at work but we spoke non stop for an hour and got some deep raport (or so I think), so I will count it.

Anyone using any particular openers every time or just what ever comes in mind..

If anyone has a good opener that they want to toss my way would be great, thanks

Shocker

loismustdie8000

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am now on 4. yay. If someone is next to you in a queue then you just say hi, these queues all ways this big?
Should work most of the time. USE HUMOR!

IS|Reinhart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Birdwatcher
Here is a list of openers that one might be able to use
http://www.bristollair.com/outergame/routines/openers/
I dont know if this is considered cheating, but they look fun.
Nice thx. I prefer usually using surrounding like its winter and its cold but girl is walking in fliplops! But yeah i would try some of those too

IS|Reinhart

Don Juan
Reaction score
3 more today and 1 phone number. makes me 5 strangers 3 girls however. dang need to speak with more females.

How about you guys? Making any progress on week #2?