Going back on meds! :/

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im going back to my bupropion after some months without it. I was doing great until the beginning of this year and some stuffs hit me.

That crazy girl situation. Had some situations where I met my parents and it messed with my emotions.

Ive tried a drug called vortioxetine that doc said it was first line treatment for anxiety and depression but on day 3 I had some heavy nausea and could not continue.

So probably Im going back to bupropion and maybe if there is another good one for anxiety.

Ive gained some weight. I was 104kg and after that mess I went to 113,7 kg.

Im sad to see that Im still weak against my narcissist parents. Even on social situations my dad spill sh1t words over me and it affects me. Its like he can get in my mind and weak points.

Hope I can get back on track quick. Im feeling very sad with all that and just want to vent about it somewhere. :/

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im going back to my bupropion after some months without it. I was doing great until the beginning of this year and some stuffs hit me.

That crazy girl situation. Had some situations where I met my parents and it messed with my emotions.

Ive tried a drug called vortioxetine that doc said it was first line treatment for anxiety and depression but on day 3 I had some heavy nausea and could not continue.

So probably Im going back to bupropion and maybe if there is another good one for anxiety.

Im sad to see that Im still weak against my narcissist parents. Even on social situations my dad spill sh1t words over me and it affects me. Its like he can get in my mind and weak points.

Hope I can get back on track quick. Im feeling very sad with all that and just want to vent about it somewhere. :/
Meds are only beneficial when accompanied by solid psychotherapy, bibiliotherapy included. I'll start you off

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If I were you I get into gear (I did) got jacked as fvck and then you'll see how people treat you very differently

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I trust you’re suicidal or having problems getting out of bed, if not, no doctor has any business prescribing you with powerful mind altering drugs.

Unless they’re maximising profits, that is.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you tried nootropics? I am a firm believer now.
Tried some but I wasnt so effective.

Just went back from doc today and was diagnosed with major depressive disorder. Ive tried so many natural stuffs but it seems I actually need a drug to help balance it.

Im going back to bupropion which was a life saver when I went no contact with my abusive parents.

And also she prescribed fluoxetine aka prozac to help with some impulsive sexual behaviors and anxiety.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start running. Aim for 20-30 minutes/2-3 miles every other day.
You need that surge of energy that pulls from the back of your brain. Running sends blood flowing throughout body good for tissue, nervous system and cardiac regulation, Endorphins released, Other neurotransmitters released, like dopamine, Psychological aspect: feeling proud, accomplished, working towards and overcoming a challenge, Growth factors released; bdnf, Acute stress that is good for you, helps body adapt to "real" stressors later.

Being outdoors in nature and the list goes on.

At the end of the day, I think how YOU feel from a psychological standpoint from running is what makes the biggest difference and the runner's high just compounds that.

Running triggers a process called adult hippocampal neurogenesis. Basically your brain starts creating new neurons which act as an antidepressant. Most antidepressants hit this pathway as well just from a different mechanism.

Everytime I finish a run I feel like
somehow I flush out the bad chemicals in the body and that includes dreaded black death thoughts too. Then I hit the pull ups, chins, dips and push ups. I wake up everyday more with more clean energy and a desire to live to fight another day.

I think that depression is one of the body's natural defense methods.

We struggle valiantly every day with that invisible monster, a herculean task to be sure. But who's to say that what we view as "normal" don't struggle with their own set of demons? Because of our chemical imbalances we cannot just dismiss what plagues us, it follows us around like a huge storm cloud, unfortunately it is the nature of our illness.

I believe that your body puts out chemicals that make you depressed and brings all of your issues to the spot light.

When we are depressed, we are hyper-aware of everything around us that makes us unhappy.

Those feelings don't go away until we tend to the things that make us unhappy go away. As in start fvcking moving. It's our unconscious defense method to force us to tend to what makes us unhappy.

I know the feeling because I been there hardcore for the last 2 years. I experienced death by a thousand cuts. Now, I just see it as part of the skin-thickening-process we as growing men walking the darkside go through.

Wish you grit and resilience, man.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
This doesn’t sound like you wrote it, did you copy and paste it?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try getting reiki or healing touch directly over your heart OP. It will open up your heart chakra. Sh1t works, speaking from experience.

Random link I found and excerpt below:

"The heart chakra is the source of our ability to love unconditionally, emanate compassion and harmony, and create a safe place for healing"

RickTheToad

Reaction score

Always listen to medical advice. Have you tried marijuana? If it's legal in Brazil, it may be worth a shot. Sativa strains are said to be the best to calm anxiety and depression. Very well tolerated, but always check with your doctor FIRST before trying anything. As always, this is not medical advise, just something I would try if it was me and I had my doctors FULL SUPPORT.