Do you think we're in an era of big beards?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems that everywhere I look, more men are growing beards, and quite prominent ones at that.

Here are some Chechen warlords (the guy on the left is enjoying his 72 virgins thanks to Slava Ukrainiy):

general-magomed-tushayev-die-rechte-hand-des-tschetschenischen-pr-sidenten-kadyrov-wurde-getot...jpg

And there is this random guy that happened to find a mammoth tooth.

Justin-Blauwet-with-mammoth-tooth.jpg

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started Shaving my head to 1) reduce the MPB appearance and 2) reduce the maintenance and care hair required.

I grew out my beard a couple times and Damn, that's more work! I don't need a cabinet full of freaking conditioners and balms. So I just maintain a goatee and 'stache.

CaptFinnBad

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I started Shaving my head to 1) reduce the MPB appearance and 2) reduce the maintenance and care hair required.

I grew out my beard a couple times and Damn, that's more work! I don't need a cabinet full of freaking conditioners and balms. So I just maintain a goatee and 'stache.
I buzz my head and face with a No1 guard.

Looks good, low maintenance.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beards dont solve your problems, they just make you look what you already look like.

A stylish man looks more stylish, a soyboy looks more like a soyboy while a masculine one looks more masculine...beards multiplies what you already are.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grew a beard twice in my life, absolutely hated it... not doing that again. But beards are very popular now, so yeah they are in. I was at a meeting last week where I was the only man there without a beard. Everyone seams to be growing them.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I think beards look good if you're a husky guy, big bone, or a bit overweight. On a trim, lean and fit guy they don't look so good IMO.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny how this topic pops up while I'm growing a beard myself. As someone mentioned earlier, it's basically "make up for men". Right now I'm the heaviest I've ever been and holding a little extra fat in my face. A beard allows me to camouflage the extra weight as well as "sculpt" my jaw to have it appear more defined.

Not to mention beards symbolize masculinity.

The only thing I would say about your example pics is that all 3 of those beards look unkept. Attached is a pic of the style I am going for. I think this look is more appealing to women. You can tell he takes care of his beard and maintains it while still looking masculine, in my opinion.

Ck5sUr_WkAAn0TZ.jpg

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah...similar to how a lot of women are wearing leggings.

Majority of men have beards now. A lot have tattoos and i've noticed every tom, **** and harry has a bmw now. Bmw's used to be not so common....if you had one...you stood out to women..not so much it seemd now. Guys are starting to buy lotus's now to stand out.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah...similar to how a lot of women are wearing leggings.

Majority of men have beards now. A lot have tattoos and i've noticed every tom, **** and harry has a bmw now. Bmw's used to be not so common....if you had one...you stood out to women..not so much it seemd now. Guys are starting to buy lotus's now to stand out.
Lots of young guys buy bmws around here. The lower end models especially can be bought for dirt cheap used. However if the warranty is expired look out! I think bmws are bland. Even high school kids buy the used ones for on the cheap. Kid at work has a 4 year old one that he got pretty cheap

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beards have been a fad for several years now, they seemed to become popular sometime in the mid 2010s.

Full beards scream insecurity, and I get the sense a lot of guys have them to overcompensate. The problem is that lot of guys who have beards spend 30 minutes a day manicuring them, have highly stylized haircuts, trendy outfits, tattoos, etc. End result is that most men end up looking like homogenous clones of one another, and they all look faggy and tryhard. The other category of men who have full beards are the "lumberjack" types - I would suspect this is due to the fact that full beards are no longer considered rebellious like they were in the 90s or 2000s, so more men are simply comfortable with them in general.

Nowadays, I prefer the heavy stubble look. Lately I have also been sporting a mustache, and a many women compliment me on it. I predict mustaches will make a strong comeback in 5-10 years.

Last edited: