How Often do You see each Other when Dating

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I started dating this girl i met from OLD, things are going really good but we only meet once a week on Sundays becauase she works odd hours for 6 days a week in her hospitality job. I know we only just started dating a few weeks ago but is it possible to make a relationship work where you only see each other once a week in person and have one call a week on the phone?

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's ideal for right now. Once a week.

Golden Rule -

The first 3 months of seeing a girl, she should be wondering to herself, "Does he even like me?"
Where do you get these golden rules?

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once a week isn’t enough for these women anymore. You have to move in with her after two weeks, I’m not making this up. Last 3 women I’ve dated I heard how their ex moved in within the first month, yet here I was seeing them once a week and I didn’t last longer than a few months.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No set rule and depends on both of your situations.

If she's the type that has a high pressure job that she's busy with, most likely she will be drained after the work day and want to just relax at home by herself.

Since you only met a few weeks ago, I wouldn't say there's anything to be concerned about.

But the longer you hang out, she should make an attempt at some point in the future to wanna hang out with you more. If she doesn't, you're still her second priority and still on plate status. That's when you gotta decide if you wanna keep her as a plate status too, have the discussion, and/or move on.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My rule of thumb is once a week as the baseline and then I adjust from there based on how much *I* want to see them, and also in part based on the vibe I'm getting from her.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started dating this girl i met from OLD, things are going really good but we only meet once a week on Sundays becauase she works odd hours for 6 days a week in her hospitality job. I know we only just started dating a few weeks ago but is it possible to make a relationship work where you only see each other once a week in person and have one call a week on the phone?
Congrats! You've been making allot of threads before so we are rooting for you. If anyone deserves some success on here it might as well be you.

I dated my ex-wife once a week back in 2014. I dated my ex-gf in an interesting pattern in 2012. We would meet at a coffee shop on Friday's and have tea and chat together, then hang-out in the back of my car, watch a TV show and then make-out and have some fun afterwards up to 1-2 am in the morning. Some Saturday we would watch a movies or hang-out in a park/trail, and on Sundays we might do something after church. The frequency there was 2-3 times per week I think on average.

The best part is you know that you have something in the back of your mind when you are not seeing her so you feel more secure. You don't feel like an incel/subhuman. The time you spend by yourself when you are not seeing her is like 100 times better KNOWING you have someone and that part of your life is handled. I know there is no feeling like it. You must feel amazing right now. Good for you!

What site did you use to meet her? How did you connect with her? Did she connect with you first or did you connect with her first?
What's her ethnicity?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think for a start once a week is more than fine, twice at most. More than that and you are risking losing the excitement of getting to know someone new pretty quick. I'd then say how much do you like her and enjoy her company, and vice-versa. Then you can move to a more of a regular thing but def, not every day (unless you are in a relationship and even then).

You should only see someone every day if you live together, that's about it. At the end of the day, there are no rules. It's really whatever feels right and you enjoy.

Modern Man Advice

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once a week isn’t enough for these women anymore. You have to move in with her after two weeks, I’m not making this up. Last 3 women I’ve dated I heard how their ex moved in within the first month,
Totally agree, as soon as a woman finds out I have a life, or cant move into hers within 2 weeks. she usually bails.

they want a guy they can control if their over 28

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Ok so judging by the replies here, I'm on the right track by seeing her only once a week. I do think i developed some oneitis since i want to see her more even though we just started dating

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once a week isn’t enough for these women anymore. You have to move in with her after two weeks, I’m not making this up. Last 3 women I’ve dated I heard how their ex moved in within the first month, yet here I was seeing them once a week and I didn’t last longer than a few months.
I have not had any experiences similar to this.

Ok so judging by the replies here, I'm on the right track by seeing her only once a week. I do think i developed some oneitis since i want to see her more even though we just started dating
For the first 6 weeks, I would say 1-2 times a week. After that, frequency can be brought up but not too much. You want to keep your own life and your own interests going.