Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a simple guy.
Alpha = cool guy
Beta = uncool guy
The terms annoy me now.

TheProspect

Reaction score
But I always reframe it to "you're just a random person on the internet, your approval doesn't matter that much".

And l obviously I barely acknowledge them because my frame is already needless for approval.
This is the go-to deflection of yours to avoid addressing any of your fallacies, to avoid civil discourse, and to avoid taking responsibility for your behaviour.

You "barely acknowledge" others on this forum, choosing to personally attack them, because you are more interested in being right (validating yourself) than you are a logical discussion. You assert your frame is constant on the above I've quoted immediately after suggesting you reframe once you face opposition.

The principle is if you had a life, you shouldn't have the energy to write 10000 words about a random stranger on the internet.
Your combined responses in discussions (and arguments) on other threads with members on this forum is a direct contradiction of this.

People who don't know these principles end up looking like low value betas with too much time
Projection. And ultimately a violation of the very "principles" you preach.

Anyone who comes out of their lanes to convince others how great they are ...... are coming from an inferiority complex.
Projection. This is behavior you display often and shamelessly on this forum.

The few guys on this forum that are self focused are the alpha ones. They don't gossip, start petty drama, stick their noses into other people's business, etc. That's all overcompensating behavior.
Projection of your own behavior, which apparently some members have screenshots of PMs on here.

---

I already know what you're thinking,

You don't know me, so you don't care what I say.

I am talking about you, so I am proving you're the dominant alpha and get a lot of women.

No need to respond or reframe, I've already added to your self-proclaimed status as a "sosuave legend". ;)

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpha=much ado about nothing,and if I did seek a definition it certainly would not be from a woman.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just picture the dude from the Dos Equis "Most interesting man in the world" commercials...

Or Denzel Washington's characters in his movies. Almost all of them are alpha dudes.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpha is just the top 10%, the 9s and 10s. What the OP describes is just the characteristics males have that happen to have the highest SMV. Having high SMV is something you HAVE... not your behavior. All a man can do is be the very best MAN he can be, and be dedicated to self improvement. Do the best you can with what you have (lose weight, work out, wear clothes that complement you, be stylish), be productive (make money, hone your skills), do stuff that involves people (get hobbies that require you to do stuff with a wide variety of people), thy new things.

When you become what most people want, naturally your characteristics will mirror what you are. Your behavior will match your characteristics. You can not pretend to be something you are not, women see right through this facade. Behavior follows reality.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about all the big shots I've met in my life is that they've never had to tell anyone "I'm alpha". If you have to tell someone this, then it's pretty obvious you're not what you claim.
In person, everyone instinctively knows who is the alpha male in the room.

Note: when a man is a generation older, he can't directly compete with another man - he would be pathetic for trying. He's supposed to be a role model at that point.

There is really no such thing as online alpha.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's also relative / situational. I could be in a room with 10 people and for argument's sake I could be considered the "alpha" in the room. 2 minutes later Trump walks in and it all shifts. It's not like once you're considered an "alpha" it'll carry over to every situation.

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maximus in the Gladiator film is someone I think of as an "alpha male".

But like some others here I don't like the term "alpha male".

Alpha of course is the first letter of the Greek alphabet and generally means "first".

Yet, always trying to put yourself "first" is a childish way of thinking.

I think Einstein had it right when he said:

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Alpha of course is the first letter of the Greek alphabet and generally means "first".

Alpha = First = Selfish

I like the Thread.

Alpha is contextual

However, it keeps one basic concet: "First"

First=Best

Alpha = Selfish

First Selfish best outcome independant

It takes work, I am on the trail.

Your inner game should dominate your outside game

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
He's in an industrial supply type business and is a former pro-athlete.
Translation: he an underemployed illegal immigrant who played Soccer in Honduas for one year, and BeExcellent normally picks up the tab.

If he played a real sport, she'd say "He played baseball/football/basketball/hockey". But no. He's "a former pro-athlete".

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Translation: he an underemployed illegal immigrant who played Soccer in Honduas for one year, and BeExcellent normally picks up the tab.

If he played a real sport, she'd say "He played baseball/football/basketball/hockey". But no. He's "a former pro-athlete".
Hockey.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpha=much ado about nothing,and if I did seek a definition it certainly would not be from a woman.
On the other hand, I've read about as many men's definition of "alpha male" as there are posters on this forum. They're less than a dime a dozen. I thought it would be interesting to hear a woman's definition for a change.

I'm aware there are some guys on here who wouldn't believe that 2+2=4 if it came from the mouth of a female. I think its best to base the merit of what people say on their actual words, rather than their gender.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny, I thought she was describing me. Amazing how we can carve a specific image at a young age and later become it.

Growing up, I watched Godfather a lot, and picked much of his strength, style, fairness, and charima. Outside of the "family business," Don Corleone is great working example of alpha.
Nobody laugh. I've never seen that movie. Might have to watch it this week. :):rolleyes:

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just picture the dude from the Dos Equis "Most interesting man in the world" commercials...

Or Denzel Washington's characters in his movies. Almost all of them are alpha dudes.
Training day is a good example

A

AJ84

So true. Think about women you dated or men you know who feel entitled to put themselves first and hence place their needs and wants above everyone else's. How likeable are those people, really?
There's nothing wrong of course with putting yourself first in some situations but there has to be some give and take, otherwise you're the as*hole or bit*ch that no one wants to be around.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 'alpha male' is the leader of a pack of wild animals that a David Attenborough talks of in reverent and hushed tones.

It is a good metaphor, especially given the wildness of the times, but it is just that, a metaphor and limited - neither comprehensively nor irrelevantly describing a magnanimous man's position. For we are not animals, but human... all too human.

A

AJ84

On the other hand, I've read about as many men's definition of "alpha male" as there are posters on this forum. They're less than a dime a dozen. I thought it would be interesting to hear a woman's definition for a change.

I'm aware there are some guys on here who wouldn't believe that 2+2=4 if it came from the mouth of a female. I think its best to base the merit of what people say on their actual words, rather than their gender.
I used to post on a dating forum which was mainly women. Kind of similar to this site but with a female focus.
Some men would reply to a post about dating advice and there were several female posters who would get defensive and occasionally insulting to men who posted, but I noticed that if a woman posted something similar to what that man posted, it was treated as gospel, accepted, or at the very least politely considered. Yep, some things aren't that different.