Birthday wish after months of NC

cityboy989

Don Juan
Reaction score
We were seeing eachother casually. As time went on, I got more beta and less like I was when she initially liked me (cool, chill, not emotionally attached.) After a few months I grew increasingly beta, and she predictably began to pull her fading-out act. I was beta and pressed her about it, and she blamed it on "she was going through alot and needed to see what she really wanted." Saying she backed away from all guys in her life, not just me. She does have a hectic life, but I knew that probably wasnt the real reason. In all likeliness, her interest probably tanked. So I chased until she pretty much dumped me. Reassuring me that "yes we're good friends" (because we were genuinely close with eachother.) However, I finally got the hint and left her alone after the damage was done.

We had zero contact for several months. My birthday comes around and she wished me happy birthday on facebook. Im wondering why. I think she does enjoy male validation/attention, but we haven't talked in half a year. She has plenty of other orbiters too. I also did not wish her on her birthday which was a few months prior to mine. Does anybody think she's up to something or was she just being a robot, wishing me happy birthday because it said so on facebook? If you're gonna push somebody away and blow them off, it's common sense to keep communication closed unless you want them back in your life. Especially after several months of not speaking.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she wanted in your pants then she would have texted you "Happy Birthday, I'm coming over with a bottle of wine and making you dinner!"

But she didn't, she did what casual friends do and wished you a happy birthday over Facebook.

Just ignore it. She wants to know she still has you.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She is up to nothing. Do you know how much energy it takes her to write a happy birthday wish on Facebook with Facebook reminding her and everything? Common, man. Do not even think of answering her.

cityboy989

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow talk about reading to much into a simple happy birthday,don't validate her parking..
If we mutually drifted apart thats one thing. But she pushed me away. I see no reason of making any future subtle contact without an ulterior motive. If I push somebody away I would have no desire to wish them a happy birthday, no matter how quick and easy it is to do so

cityboy989

Don Juan
Reaction score
If she wanted in your pants then she would have texted you "Happy Birthday, I'm coming over with a bottle of wine and making you dinner!"

But she didn't, she did what casual friends do and wished you a happy birthday over Facebook.

Just ignore it. She wants to know she still has you.
we're not really friends anymore. that's the point.

you first insinuate that it means nothing but then you conclude that she wants to know that she still has me (an ulterior motive, like I suggested)

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, here's the thing: you came here to ask this and if you look through the answers, there is one main message we're giving you: don't reply, she's fishing for attention, you lay back and discard this one like nothing happened. There is something called "the wisdom of crowds". I know you're used to hearing that crowds are stupid and all that, but when a large group of people coming from different walks in life agree about a thing, there is a good chance they are right. You get my point.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
If you're gonna push somebody away and blow them off, it's common sense to keep communication closed unless you want them back in your life. Especially after several months of not speaking.
Not necessarily.

Bro she's throwing you a line to see if you will bite. Personally I wouldn't respond but it sounds like you are in love with this girl, so it's up to you.

Billtx49

Reaction score
If you do respond send only one word.
Thanks
Then forget about it unless she does something else afterwards that warrants your attention.

Last edited:

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude all that sh!t just for a happy birthday?

say thanks and ignore there is nothing to it

cityboy989

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, here's the thing: you came here to ask this and if you look through the answers, there is one main message we're giving you: don't reply, she's fishing for attention, you lay back and discard this one like nothing happened. There is something called "the wisdom of crowds". I know you're used to hearing that crowds are stupid and all that, but when a large group of people coming from different walks in life agree about a thing, there is a good chance they are right. You get my point.
If shes just simply fishing for attention after months of not speaking she can buzz off with that

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
we're not really friends anymore. that's the point.

you first insinuate that it means nothing but then you conclude that she wants to know that she still has me (an ulterior motive, like I suggested)
You're casual friends, which is what I'm saying. How many people wished you a happy birthday that you don't even talk to anymore? Probably a lot, it means hardly anything.

Look, this is your ego talking. It's trying to convince you that she had a sudden moment of clarity and suddenly realized, "omg I was wrong to push cityboy away, I actually AM attracted to him!!" But that's not how girls work.

She's not on the Cosmopolitan forums starting threads on "How do I get him back?" and all her girlfriends tell her to write Happy Birthday on your Facebook.

In reality, she's probably wondering why you haven't reached out to her yet, because she figured you'd be on her doorstep with a dozen roses already. Don't do anything. If she initiates any contact over the phone, immediately tell her to come over, and if she declines, go back to ignoring her.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
OK bro let's say you are right. After months of NC she says Happy BIrthday on a Facebook wall and wants you back in her life.

What are you going to say to her?

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK bro let's say you are right. After months of NC she says Happy BIrthday on a Facebook wall and wants you back in her life.

What are you going to say to her?
No, man. Common, @Trump , do not entertain that idea to him. He is looking for hope here and there is no hope. This spells disaster if he responds back. He's an emotional mess, still has not gotten over this girl.