The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

TheCleanPleb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, kinda new here but I've been lurking for a bit. I've come to realize that NC is extremely difficult. Long story short, I caught feelings for my side piece and she started flaking on me. I decided to go NC but I literally can't stop checking my phone to see if she messages me. I'm constantly on her Twitter and Snapchat feed. This is tough but I've made it a day without and contact whatsoever.

What should I do if she shows up at my work place asking me why I haven't hit her up at all?

Comp eliminator

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi there, ive just reached the 30 day mark no contact. My situation is detailed in a thread in mature man called dumped by girlfriend with cancer. I chased her for months before I finally got smart. Im 52 years old so being older doesn't automatically make you smarter. Still think about her every day.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^This
Shows you are putting her behind you. That puts YOU in the driving seat my friend.

This said, it is my birthday in a few weeks and I bet I will be asking you guys the same question! Always easier giving out advice that actually doing it don't you think comrades?! ;-)
So true. Stay strong bro.

Day 3.

One thing I can tell you really helps is finding the passions you used to have prior to your ex and plunging yourself. Really helps to take your mind of the ex and restore some confidence.

Blew the dust off my guitar and played for the first time in over a year. Was amazing.

Last edited:

alex_in24

Don Juan
Reaction score
86 DAYS SINCE BREAK UP, 63 DAYS No contact.

Guys, Girls, fellow brothers and sisters...i've hit my 60 day NC mark. The reason why i waited 3 more days to post here, was simply because I really had things to do and i was busy.

I decided to write chronologically since u will understand me better that way.

First days after my break up were awful. I couldn't sleep, i couldn't drink, i couldn't go out, i was bitter, angry, mad, sad and what not else..I really felt like something died in me. Didn't know what to do with myself, what do I like doing, what friends to go to, what places to visit. I completely lost myself during the relationship ( honestly we fought all the time, dont understand how we did it that long 1y8m ). And have in mind that as i am writing this, i am retelling old hurts and emotions are running in my veins right now so it is not an easy job for me.

I developed a strong oneitis with this chick. She was my first LTR and the first girl that actually really cared about me at times. She also has BPD so have this in mind while u are reading my story. When she loved, she loved me more that my parents did, with all of her soul and body. But when she didn't care about me huh..I was nothing but a stranger to her. Those ups and downs kept me in the relationship for this long. She is probably HB8, very sexy, very beautiful and very intelligent. She has a low level of education and is very rude. She doesnt have good manners and she comes from a fvcked up family. She also has daddy issues. All the things that come with the BPD such as patalogical lying etc etc are very present with her. And she says I am her second sex partner, which i doubt right now.

Like i said the first days after the breakup i felt awful. I thought that it is my fault for everything that happened in the relationship and that it was me who was catalyst for the breakup. Then i discovered this forum and the red pill and started applying some knowledge in my thinking. Honestly it was a lot easier to deal with the breakup when i found out about the red pill and this forum. This is like a hospital, a treatment for people who just got out of a relationship.

Let's talk about me for a sec. I've made a lot of progress since the breakup. I am a 9.5 in the mans world, body perfectly built like a greek god, very beautiful face, and very educated guy with good manners,great friends, good social circle, great stable family. Ocassionaly doing drugs(weed) and alcohol, not smoking cigarettes. All my life played sports, good in every sport out there and respected by my country since i've won the MVP 4 times in a row and won the state championship also 4 times in a row. Still a young talent and a hope for me to even make more progress in the world of basketball. You will never find a person out there that speaks bad for me. Respected and loved by everyone,very positive guy and very adaptive to every kind of situation. 6'1 height and walking proudly whenever i walk outside. All my friends are telling me that i walk like i conquered the world but in a very positive way. Very self confident, very narcisstic, no ego, and very self loving.

Like i said i've made progress since the breakup. I learned some things that I didnt know that they even existed, i grew up stronger than before and changed my perspective of view on the things. The past 3 months i've been with a lot of chicks and by lot i mean 12+. All HB7+. My confidence is on the highest level possible and i believe that there isn't a chick who wouldn't want to be with me.

I don't know the forum rules, but i would like to post a pic of me here, not to brag myself, but just so u can see me. Later that.

And now about the NC days. I had ups and i had downs. The downs were quite present when i dreamed of her or saw her in the city. Also when she liked my instagram post, i was on a emotional roller coaster. I felt hope that she would come back. Honestly i still feel some kind of hope that eventually she will come back, but i believe it is not about her anymore. It's about my own validation which is very stupid but i am trying my best to control that.

I know she has been with some guys since we broke up. That teared me apart in the beginning but i dont care right now. The only thing that i am eating myself over is why i didn't know about the red pill and sosuave earlier in the relationship. Not that I could have saved our relationship, but just so i would see what kind of impact would have made.

I heard some stories ofcourse about my ex the last 3 months without trying to find out anything. I heard that she is going to leave my city forever. Lately i've been hearing from friends that she asks about me, what am i doing, what am i up to etc etc.

Overall, like i said in my previous posts, the breakup is the most traumatic thing in my life. And i am thankful that i learned and grew from it. I think that she is always going to be somewhere deep in my heart or brain, buried with my emotions, just as a reminder of my twenties. And yes, i still love her. And i think i always will love her in some kind of way. I will always wish nothing but the best to her, and i will always speak with enthusiasm when talking about her.

She broke up with me, did some awful things to me that i forgived but i will never forget them. This girl taught me something that was worth the pain. And i will be forever thankful for that.

And as i am sitting now in my living room with the laptop in my lap, I realize how lucky i am to go through this kind of emotions. Not everyone has a story to tell, and people believe me, we should be lucky to even feel pain. Because we grow from it and learn from it.

Day 63 NC and counting.. Will keep you updated of course, and wont brake the NC rule. If she ever reaches back, i am writing here first !

best regards, be happy !

Carpathian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great story brother Alex. Sounds like a lot of parallels with me except I am a lot older than you at 48. But women always said (and continue to say) that I am very attractive, tall and muscular (1.87m and 92Kg) fit (triathlon), fun, playful, professional, successful medical career. Extensive property owner. But I am kind, modest, committed, truthful and honest. I loved my woman - 48 also. I admit to oneitis brothers. We talked buying a place together and getting married. I have a child. She has three. Everyone got on and we all loved each other. Yet she dumped me out of the blue for no reason at all.. Totally without reason. She was prescribed anti-depressants but never took them. I think she may also have Borderline Personality Disorder. Why can't they see a good thing when it is right in front of them? We are not kids anymore, we are 48!!!!

As I said in previous message, I got to 60 day NC and then she reaches out about sorry the way we broke up, I am a good man blah, blah. I broke NC to reply no hard feelings. We exchanged a few more emails and then nothing now for ten days. I am back to NC. It could have been a "closure" exercise from her so she can now move on. If she reaches out again, unless she says she wants to try again I am ignoring her. I have been on other dates, with women who like me. But I can't get this ex out of my mind. it is like she has cast a spell on me!

Last edited:

alex_in24

Don Juan
Reaction score
@Carpathian

I feel you and I understand you completely. Although I am maybe the youngest sufferer here with almost 22 years on my a$$, believe me when i tell you that the pain that i feel is not imaginable. But I thank god everyday for this opportunity to feel this pain and grow from it. As for your ex, search on google about BPD, and see if ur ex has the same symptoms.

The thing with BPD girls is that, they are very valuable creatures. If u didn't have one BPD girl in ur life, u've never experienced real and true pain and sadness. But if u had..ur life is changed after her, and in a positive way of course.

And yes, i still think about her. So don't blame yourself or stress yourself out why is the idea of her still present in your mind. That's what BPD girls do best. They get under your skin, suck ur energy while in the relationship, and continue sucking and draining the energy from you even months after No contact.

But eventually it will get better. You will never forget her, but it will get better.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@alex_in24

I've made a lot of progress since the breakup.
:confused:------->:cool:---------->??
You sure have!!! Keep going!
Very self confident, very narcisstic, no ego, and very self loving.
Narcissistic and 'no ego' don't go together. It's one or the other, not both. It's your ego that is telling you that you don't have an ego. Are you clinically diagnosed with NPD or do you attribute some value and are striving to be that way? If so why? Please explain.
Like i said i've made progress since the breakup. I learned some things that I didnt know that they even existed, i grew up stronger than before and changed my perspective of view on the things.
You have LOTS to be proud of!:up:
My confidence is on the highest level possible and i believe that there isn't a chick who wouldn't want to be with me.
Enjoy the confidence. Keep an eye on your self and monitor your humility so you don't sway all the way to arrogance.
Honestly i still feel some kind of hope that eventually she will come back, but i believe it is not about her anymore. It's about my own validation which is very stupid but i am trying my best to control that.
Anytime you feel this remember, it's an inside-out job. She doesn't actually hold any meaningful validation even though you sometimes feel the urge to seek some from her. It is an illusion of the moment.
She broke up with me, did some awful things to me that i forgived but i will never forget them. This girl taught me something that was worth the pain. And i will be forever thankful for that.
Forgiveness and gratitude following such a situation speak to the altitude of your perspective. Yours in this regard is one I respect.:)

Last edited:

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unless she says she wants to try again, I am ignoring her.
:eek::eek::eek:

I appreciate all you have shared in your posts.@Carpathian. Consider that your ex is not a healthy choice for YOU, to return to. I understand you love her and share quite a history. She's not a healthy choice for you or your life.

If she reaches out to you, wanting to get back together, I highly recommend you take some time and rethink how you would respond.

Imagine your son came to you and shared your story, as if it was his own. Imagine he then asked you for your advice on what to do. How would you advise your son, if your situation was his?

Carpathian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek:

I appreciate all you have shared in your posts.@Carpathian. Consider that your ex is not a healthy choice for YOU, to return to. I understand you love her and share quite a history. She's not a healthy choice for you or your life.

If she reaches out to you, wanting to get back together, I highly recommend you take some time and rethink how you would respond.

Imagine your son came to you and shared your story, as if it was his own. Imagine he then asked you for your advice on what to do. How would you advise your son, if your situation was his?
Thankyou sister, I appreciate your kind words of wisdom. Yes, I am in 100% agreement. It would not be an automatic acceptance of her coming back (if she wanted to of course). I think it is best to remain NC with her and move on, irrespective of what she wants.
From your, female, observation of this what makes you think she is not a good choice? I agree she isn't too but interested in your opinion please.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Carpathian
what makes you think she is not a good choice? I agree she isn't too but interested in your opinion please.
Two years together, had a great physical relationship, no arguments, said "love you" to each other daily, we all got on etc, but she dumped me twice during it for a month each time for inexplicable reasons. I have no idea why she dumped me
during those two years we had two break ups of a month each time. She started to get distant both times a week before the dumping for no reason I could see - completely out of the blue.
she just bailed out of the relationship completely out of the blue when things were perfect. No explanations. Just dumped.
After some time apart she’d apologize crying, telling me she was silly how could she let a man of my quality just go like that. Begged for forgiveness. Eventually, after she promised to change, we gravitated back together
She did this a third time end of April. Text dumped me again AS A 48 YEAR OLD!!!!! Not the maturity to discuss it with me.
I wrote her an email two days after, explaining my position (in the absence of getting an opportunity to put my thoughts forward) but she emailed back saying she will not read it and she would appreciate no further contact.
She was prescribed Prozac for depression by her doctor
the sudden changes in behavior.
if she came back and I were to forgive her [again] she'd just do the same thing. I didn't "pathetically" let her back the previous two times - she begged, pleaded, cried over a month or so and eventually I thought she was genuine so I slowly let her back in, only for her to do it again.
I view it like I dodged a bullet. Better I find out now than be two years down the line having bought a house together, married and all that sh1t and then she does the same again.
how come things can be so good then implode for no tangible reason?!
I was never extended the common courtesy of such an explanation.
After 60 days NC she emailed me to say sorry how we broke up and I responded and it took me back and taken me ten days to recover my frame again
I think it is best to remain NC with her and move on, irrespective of what she wants.
It has made us, each one of us, a better person, and ultimately a better partner to a lucky one out there we yet not know.

Carpathian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, thankyou kindest sister and comrade. I appreciate that greatly from my heart. A wake up call to me. It is really useful for someone to point these things out so objectively. One can so easily get lost in their own bubble and fail to see the bigger forest because of the trees.

Last edited:

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex fiance just texted me "Happy birthday. I hope you have a great day!".

I thought about waiting 5 hours or so and simply responding "thanks". But I dont think that is a good idea. Someone please back me up on that lol.
Say "thanks for the birthday wish. I'm sorry i don't recognize the number. Who is this?"

When she says who it is, resume no contact

Glassguy

Reaction score
Say "thanks for the birthday wish. I'm sorry i don't recognize the number. Who is this?"

When she says who it is, resume no contact

I should have played it that way. Instead, I just didnt respond. I am sure that threw her head for a loop.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LEGEND!!!!! Brilliant response. Have you guys actually done this? My birthday coming up in four weeks and I want to be "prepared".
I have done something similar. In the past before cell phones were un everyones hands had an ex call me after 2 years apart, she called to wish me a happy birthday. I knew exactly who it was but deliberately called her by the wrong name. When she corrected me i just said " oh. Thanks but i gotta go."
Then i hung up. She continued to fill my answering machine for months
I never returned one phone call.

alex_in24

Don Juan
Reaction score
The last 2-3 days i am having dreams and flashbacks of our relationship, both good and bad ones. Overall i am happy, but honestly still thinkin bout her. I can catch myself searching and watching for her while i am on the streets. Thats it..

Carpathian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The last 2-3 days i am having dreams and flashbacks of our relationship, both good and bad ones. Overall i am happy, but honestly still thinkin bout her. I can catch myself searching and watching for her while i am on the streets. Thats it..
Hang on in there brother Alex. I am in the same boat as you too. Got a couple of nice potential ladies who like me greatly. But my ex is really on my mind too. I really loved her and I miss her, her laugh, her conversation, her smell, her house and her family. I know I must move on - and I will - but we are human and we loved. We are still in grief. I am human first with a heart that was damaged by that break-up. I don't mind being called a pv$$y if that's what people think.

Last edited:

Carpathian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Remind yourself why you guys broke up in the first place. This will help move forward when you realize why it didn't work
Yes of course brother. It's the "rose tinted" effect of looking back at the good things. Tend to gloss over her being mean, breaking dates at the last minute, leaving early etc