Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cologne Problem

adit

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why doesn't my cologne ever stay on me??

I've tried UltraViolet Man,Armani Mania and Acqua Di Gio by Armani..But after an hour or two of use,the smell is gone,and I have to end up using a cheap deodorant spray to keep the stink from coming.

Just exactly why doesn't my cologne stay on me?I spent a 100 bucks on them and they're not working!!

For background info,I take a very good bath everyday,using soap generously..But yet,some sort of body odor comes up.. This is crazy!!

How do you guys do it??

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about using actual deodorant instead of covering up smells with cologne.

adit

Don Juan
Reaction score
But colognes should work on me right?

I mean..am I eternally bound to deo sprays?

It's so stupid to use deos because even they fade out after some hours..

What am I to do??

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you spraying the cologne on your shirt or on your neck and palms? It'll last much longer if you spray it on your body than on your clothes.. but I suggest wearing deoderant and cologne both.. lol.. if that doesn't work out.. maybe you should take an acid bath!

EDIT: if your body odor keeps coming from your armpits.. try trimming your hairs there.. don't shave it completely unless you're some queer.. just trim it shorter and I think you'll notice it won't stink..

Alfie Crew

Don Juan
Reaction score
Acqua Di Gio by Armani is a very gentle faint scent, so it doesn't stick with you very long. Also keep in mind you get use to the smell of the cologne so it doesn't smell as strong the longer it is on. Deoderant should always be worn even with cologne on. Try a unscented deoderant with you cologne.

adpreston1988

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Right Guard is the best deodarant and I use Jean Phillipe's POLO for men cologne (alternating with Axe sometimes)

danro

Don Juan
Reaction score
what ive found out about all the different things to help odor is alot of them just make u feel insecure and make u sweat (sp?) more than u usually would. when u were all sorts of stuff to cover your smell you notice it alot more and when u stink even just a little u think it is horribley obvious. just keep up decent hygiene and u wont have a problem your smell is alot less noticeable than u think.

adit

Don Juan
Reaction score
I use Axe 24-7 deodorant everyday,I cant help but use it because if I don't then it takes people away from me as I do smell bad sometimes..

I alternate the colognes by the day,and none really seem to stay for more than 2 hours..This has been a pathetic waste of money!

I still have some more cash actually,so can you guys tell me which colognes work the best for you (those that stay on you for the longest time)?

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by adit

What am I to do??
I didnt say deodorant spray now did i?? DEODORANT STICK...made so you dont smell like ass. Cologne wasnt made to cover up your stench, it was made to make you smell good.

Phat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The key to smelling good is

* Take showers everyday. Wash under your arms.
*ALWAYS use deoderant** Because cologne cant cover up that BO! When you have BO and cologne mixed together it smells like ****!
*When you spray your cologne dont be afraid to spray more then a couple times. i usually spray atleast 5 times

Spray on your Neck ...Wrists..Chest..
* the chest is a great place to spray your cologne because the heat from your chest releases the scent more. Think of it like this. If your tall or if the girl is really short. Shes going to be most likly be up to your chest lol. So she will smell it from there.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What am I to do??
Cologne isn't meant to cover up stink.

Soap, water, solid deoderant and then cologne. Follow that.

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way man... Too much cologne is worse than no cologne at all... Don't use to much.. You're a man, not a flower! lol

adit

Don Juan
Reaction score
This has been a great help guys..I know how to not stink now.

But my question was,why does my cologne not stay on after a 1-2 hours?It just fades out after a while,and thats why I must use deo spray to atleast smell a little good.

But its been a great help on the whole guys!

Phat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol.. it doesnt fade out.. Ur nose just gets use to the smell . I use to think the same thing man.. and i was wondering why girls would be like u smell good... when i couldnt even smell it! lol

Phat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont use deo spray.. use deo stick.. under the arms

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah same here man.. I couldn't smell my cologne.. I would hug a girl a couple hours after putting it on, and she'd be like "wow, you smell so good.." (I was wearing axe.. lol cuz it's cheap)

Alfie Crew

Don Juan
Reaction score
This has been a great help guys..I know how to not stink now.

But my question was,why does my cologne not stay on after a 1-2 hours?It just fades out after a while,and thats why I must use deo spray to atleast smell a little good.

But its been a great help on the whole guys!

Read my first response.

rowing_mike

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell no, alfie crew. I use that, and it stays there all day, sometimes through weights if I do a light session. You just get used to the smell, and don't realise its there. People might not always point it out as you walk past, but it's still there.

MiKe23

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont use cologne and i get the you smell good response from sooo many girls. i use old spice pure sport deodorant and body spray. my only prob is i dont know how to respond to the you smell good line. it always surprises me when they say it

Reaction score
sign.. newbs... I read, asked and found out that girls do not like Old spice AT ALL all those genetic deo sprays smell bad. One exception tho is Axe, girls like axe but you have to get the right kind that actually smells good on you and makes girls "attracted" instead of just smelling nice. It's same with colonge it's always good to research what kind your looking for and find out what fragrance it contains. If the colonge doesn't stick to you, it's prob because you have a weak colonge, you have dry skin or your applying it wrong. Make sure when you put colonge put it on your wrist, neck, behind knee and arm. Don't rub it in, let it sink in and don't apply it on clothes. Some strong colonges i know that GIRLS LIKE are Cool Water, Polo Sport, Boss in Motion, Hugo Boss, Hugo, Eternity, Dreamer and CK1.