Who here enjoys birdfeeding?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by UltimateScoundrel
It doesn't work. He's full of ****. Think about it. The foam and **** could easily just be regurgitated, that's how birds feed their young. They wouldn't die, they'd vomit like crazy until the alka seltzer stopped foaming. It would also do that quickly because pigeons don' have that much water in their stomachs.

The whole thing is bull****.
Actually, not really. They "explode" if you feed them alka-seltzer because as it turns from a powder to gas in their stomach acid. Since the bird doesn't have a mechanism to deal with it (such as burping) it builds up until their stomach ruptures, causing them to bleed internally and die. Nothing as dramatic as a "pop".

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by UltimateScoundrel
It doesn't work. He's full of ****. Think about it. The foam and **** could easily just be regurgitated, that's how birds feed their young. They wouldn't die, they'd vomit like crazy until the alka seltzer stopped foaming. It would also do that quickly because pigeons don' have that much water in their stomachs.

The whole thing is bull****.
Did i ever say they explode or die? Ones i tried this on became crazy and bumped into each other, thats it. But i know from other people, weak ones with a larger dose can also die.

So shut the **** up with insults until you learn how to comprehend what you just read.

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Levex
Did i ever say they explode or die? Ones i tried this on became crazy and bumped into each other, thats it. But i know from other people, weak ones with a larger dose can also die.
Well sosuave has hit a new low.

I'm not exactly a big fan of pigeons BUT, nothing pisses me off more then people who are cruel and abusive to animals etc.
It's up there with people who rape children.

Oh, btw people have and do go to jail for things like this.
I'd be careful what you admit too.

In fairness, why don't you experiment and try a quanity similar to your own body weight and see what happens to you.

If it doesn't work, how about inserting a large quanity of fireworks up your rectum, so we can see how much shiit and blood comes out.

I'm hoping, I'm mistaken and the above mod has not done something similar?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Helter Skelter
I'm hoping, I'm mistaken and the above mod has not done something similar?
I'm no fan of animal cruelty. You should only pick on something if it can defend itself (or himself) fairly against you.

I do, however, know how to use google.com. :rolleyes:

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When people come over my house, (especially girls) most of the time they take a great interest into what's going on outside my window. I generally don't even mention anything.

Of course, that's not why I do it.
Birdfeeding is best done multi-tasking. In the background, while your watching TV, on the phone, computer whatever.

People seem to take the greatest interest in the hawks or if it's summer, goldfinches because they eat upside down and are bright yellow.

A couple weeks ago I had one female friend who was visiting with a few other people, leave our little party in the Rec room and go off by herself to watch this stuff for a few hours in another room in the house.

Tips

Besides habitat which is the most important thing for your yard.
food would be second.

Depending on where you live you can attract the greatest variety of birds with what you feed them.
Which is a bit of a science.

Don't feed bread, your just going to attract junk birds like starlings, grackles, house sparrows and doves.

Black oil sunflower seed is the best all around food you can offer birds if you were going to choose just one seed.

It attracts:

Cardinals
House finches
Evening grosbeaks
Purple finch
Black Capped Chickadees
Red Winged blackbird

There are many more species too numerous to mention but you get the idea.

Other seeds that work well depending on the species are

thistle seed which attracts:

Goldfinches
Pine Siskins
Common Redpolls
Song sparrows
Dark eyed juncos
White throated sparrows

Peanuts in the shell attracts:

Blue Jays
Tufted Titmouse

Also their is something called suet which is animal fat that can be mixed with various seeds, peanut butter and nuts.

It attracts.

All types of woodpeckers which include:

Downy
Red bellied
White breasted nuthatch
Common Flicker

It also helps to have a supply of water in your yard.
I have a pond which has an area in it that is shallow 1 to 2 inches deep for drinking and bathing. This is extremely important as everybody needs something to drink when they eat.

Since I have fish in the pond as well as frogs, turtles, toads I sometimes get a bird called the Great Blue Heron which gets everybody's attention because it has a 6 foot wing span that resembles in flight the teradacktle ( the prehistoric bird you might have seen in the Flintstone cartoon or Jurassic Park)
They basically come into the yard to eat fish from the pond.
They use their long beak as a spear.

So anyway the point of this thread is its a good idea to develop a wide variety of interest in your life.

It will make you a far more interesting person and you'll attract girls because of it.

I probably have a wider variety of interests than anyone I know.
This will naturally attract girls to you without any effort.
Just make sure you pick things your passionate about because people will see the difference.

In the long run, girls aren't going to be attracted to you simply because you want them.

Last edited:

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
feeding birds? do you mean going out to dinner with a girl:p

wait a second wait a second.....sounds like you stalking them:p and pun intended ofcourse

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
feeding birds? do you mean going out to dinner with a girl:p
ha, ha.. Some of the american guys might not know that in the UK girls are sometimes called "birds" slang for girls.
Why, I don't know.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ha, ha.. Some of the american guys might not know that in the UK girls are sometimes called "birds" slang for girls.
Why, I don't know.
The same reason you call your dollars 'pounds' or 'quid'. :p

Just kidding.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I fed pidgeons rice one time, but to my great disappointment nothing happend.:(

So, no... they won't blow up. It's a shame, I know.:D

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spike_the_Dragon
I fed pidgeons rice one time, but to my great disappointment nothing happend.:(

So, no... they won't blow up. It's a shame, I know.:D
:p thats mean lol, but if they ate enough of it, and you you watched them for a while, well maybe they would POP

SDFUandDie

Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex-girl liked watching birds.

Had he doggy style while she was watching them

-shrugs-

:cool: :cool:

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
:p thats mean lol, but if they ate enough of it, and you you watched them for a while, well maybe they would POP

Actually, you might be on to something there. I was soo bored that I didn't even stick around long enough to find out. Plus, I didn't wanna get caught and p!ss off the principle again...:p

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
When people come over my house, (especially girls) most of the time they take a great interest into what's going on outside my window. I generally don't even mention anything.

Of course, that's not why I do it.
Birdfeeding is best done multi-tasking. In the background, while your watching TV, on the phone, computer whatever.

People seem to take the greatest interest in the hawks or if it's summer, goldfinches because they eat upside down and are bright yellow.

A couple weeks ago I had one female friend who was visiting with a few other people, leave our little party in the Rec room and go off by herself to watch this stuff for a few hours in another room in the house.

Tips

Besides habitat which is the most important thing for your yard.
food would be second.

Depending on where you live you can attract the greatest variety of birds with what you feed them.
Which is a bit of a science.

Don't feed bread, your just going to attract junk birds like starlings, grackles, house sparrows and doves.

Black oil sunflower seed is the best all around food you can offer birds if you were going to choose just one seed.

It attracts:

Cardinals
House finches
Evening grosbeaks
Purple finch
Black Capped Chickadees
Red Winged blackbird

There are many more species too numerous to mention but you get the idea.

Other seeds that work well depending on the species are

thistle seed which attracts:

Goldfinches
Pine Siskins
Common Redpolls
Song sparrows
Dark eyed juncos
White throated sparrows

Peanuts in the shell attracts:

Blue Jays
Tufted Titmouse

Also their is something called suet which is animal fat that can be mixed with various seeds, peanut butter and nuts.

It attracts.

All types of woodpeckers which include:

Downy
Red bellied
White breasted nuthatch
Common Flicker

It also helps to have a supply of water in your yard.
I have a pond which has an area in it that is shallow 1 to 2 inches deep for drinking and bathing. This is extremely important as everybody needs something to drink when they eat.

Since I have fish in the pond as well as frogs, turtles, toads I sometimes get a bird called the Great Blue Heron which gets everybody's attention because it has a 6 foot wing span that resembles in flight the teradacktle ( the prehistoric bird you might have seen in the Flintstone cartoon or Jurassic Park)
They basically come into the yard to eat fish from the pond.
They use their long beak as a spear.

So anyway the point of this thread is its a good idea to develop a wide variety of interest in your life.

It will make you a far more interesting person and you'll attract girls because of it.

I probably have a wider variety of interests than anyone I know.
This will naturally attract girls to you without any effort.
Just make sure you pick things your passionate about because people will see the difference.

In the long run, girls aren't going to be attracted to you simply because you want them.
That sounds absolutely awesome. I'm gonna check into that today. We have a mini japanese tea garden in our backyard with a pond. Though the pond is drained right now. Might just have the gardners fill it up to give the birds something to drink and eat, if they eat frogs. Since everytime we have water in the pond we get a sudden population of frogs living in there. Don't know where they come from but it never fails, we end up getting 5+ frogs in there croaking all night.