What should I do now?

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My life has upgraded in the past 4 months...my business now does double its sales and the money I make compared to my friends is noticeable (2x).

I've outgrown them. While they were partying and playing COD, I invested my time in developing a business. Now since things are going well for me they want me to share my knowledge and give them a piece of the pie. I don't want to share. I invited them to join me but they did not and other who did work with me at the initial stages were so bad of businessmen, our business never even got off the ground. Some of my peers even say slick comments, I feel they're talking down. Some even lashed out at me, saying "I think I know everything". The more success I accumulate, the more envy and jealousy I feel of some of them.

When they ask to hang out or talk on the phone for hours about nothing, I decline and they feel some way about it. Some even say "How come you don't answer my calls anymore?" For when I don't answer, almost acts as if he's my girlfriend.

The question I'm asking you guys...how do I go about my newfound success with my peer group? Have any of you guys/gals had a similar experience or situation as me?

Styr

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you value some of them more than others (any skills they might have they might have, any social circles, or any qualities that can be useful to you in the future, etc, etc) and if they are not 100% needy and desperate, or have acted in a way in the past which totally disqualifies them as people who are to taken seriously, then I would take one or two as apprentices, or mentor them, but with clear and fixed boundaries given that they already had the possibility but did not act on it. If they value the opportunity, then great, if not, then dump them as well.

You do not need fake friends and leeches anyway.