Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just The Tip: What is it with women and tipping?

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is tipping such a huge thing when women? I read many stories about women complaining about a guy they’re out with or their boyfriend not tipping or not tipping what THEY think is “enough”. They claim it’s a red flag and a “sign of bad character”. I’ve even read stories where women always call the guy out after dinner “make sure you tip her good, she was great!” and in truth she was average at best and didn’t go above and beyond anything special. So why is this such a hill to die on with women?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is tipping such a huge thing when women?
Women like to appear generous with other people's money?

Easy to remedy: "I'll pay the tab, you handle the tip."

Macadellic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women think the following:
“My money is my money and his money is our money”

I have dated women that do not tip at all and they will open the flood gates of judgement if you do the same.

OP,
Set your boundaries and have a spine.

You get pushback gaslighted then simply say,
“I’m surprised a woman like yourself doesn’t understand that no means no. While all this time I have respected your boundaries.”

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Why is tipping such a huge thing when women? I read many stories about women complaining about a guy they’re out with or their boyfriend not tipping or not tipping what THEY think is “enough”. They claim it’s a red flag and a “sign of bad character”. I’ve even read stories where women always call the guy out after dinner “make sure you tip her good, she was great!” and in truth she was average at best and didn’t go above and beyond anything special. So why is this such a hill to die on with women?
Image. Also, they want to see how tight you are with money. Additionally, a lot of females are in the service industry (I.E. food service), so they know how the struggle is as a person living off tops.

Personally, I hate tipping, and I usually cook with the GF. However, I have no prob. going to dinner in Europe. It's usually cheaper and there's no need to tip! We should get rid of this tipping sh!t in the US. It's dumb and a waste.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women think the following:
“My money is my money and his money is our money”

I have dated women that do not tip at all and they will open the flood gates of judgement if you do the same.

OP,
Set your boundaries and have a spine.

You get pushback gaslighted then simply say,
“I’m surprised a woman like yourself doesn’t understand that no means no. While all this time I have respected your boundaries.”
It’s not a problem I’ve experienced but once. I tipped 15% and the girl grabbed the bill and looked at it and started in on me “that’s all you’re going to leave her?? She was good! You should have left more than that” and I said “well you can leave the difference if you’d like. I’ve learned that women who grab the bill to see how much you tip or ask you about it are bad news.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
With OP´s permission, I renamed the thread to "Just The Tip:..."

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its mostly due to perception. Any reflection on your behalf is a reflection of them. Women worry about how they are perceived/judged by others. They are very image conscious and famous for blowing smoke up each others twahts.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
They're gauging the fella's geneorsity, or lack thereof. In fairness to the ladies, not ending the date in the clutches of a charming psychopath is vital to their well-being. Falling prey to a generous one means a gal's demise will likely be swift and agony-free, via a gunshot through the temple, or beheading by katana

While becoming the plaything of a thoroughly ungenerous Larry Bittaker wannabe will certainly = Several hours of her nipples being tweaked with stainless steel pliers, before they're torn off her breasts entirely, having her c-it electrocuted courtesy of alligator clips and a car battery, then finally being plunged feet first into a running wood chipper, all while she's still conscious

Seen in this light, we can't fault women for sweating a man's generosity ;)