Uneven Energy Levels

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve since youth had the problem of exerting myself to burnout-ish states. That state follows some well-documented pattern of first restlessness and stress, followed by sincere tiredness (and hence restitution possible), if done properly.

The problem is this is a no go. I can’t have this jerky modus operandi. I want stable, solid productive energy followed by the appropriate rest. Not sprint and fall.

One problem here that I basically load myself too hard, I think. I left gym at 23 yesterday evening for instance, and my work and leisure are both demanding. But resting requires balls. To essentially be lazy, and in a sense not care about the things that do need attention.

A concept that follows me is “your surface vs. your kernel.” You don’t want to perform using some questionable surface that only holds temporarily, you want to rest on your kernel much larger periods of the time. One way is of course to train up the skill to- or otherwise redefine what is undemanding for you.

But things still need to be done. Many people, such as leaders and moms (?), basically don’t rest or something. I don’t believe in resting essentially every evening and large parts of the weekend, there gotta be more energy than that. Question is how.

Last edited:

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I the only one not understanding what OP is asking?

Kernels? Like Linux?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Post coitum omne animal triste praeter gallum, qui cantat

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When tired, sleep. When hungry, eat.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No clue what you are talking about. But if you think more is better at the gym that's your problem most likely.

The body doesn't work the way you want or think it should. Most of the good things happen at rest while you sleep.

If you are trading sleep for working out, perhaps you need to rethink that. It's a bad decision.