MEETING "Miss Right"

DeepBlue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Maximus wrote:
equal pay for equal work and opportunity for advancement in all areas of life are the only points that need to be kept from that remnant of a philosophy

Actually I don't even agree with that. Equal pay for equal work sounds like a wonderful idea. So does Santa Claus.

How about all the MEN getting paid at different rates for similar work? Is some committee going to watch over every job in existence? And do they have some magic formula for distinguishing between jobs that are similar in some ways but different in others? How will they factor in the various unique things each person may bring to the job--things like better salary negotiating skills? Or a good work history? Or being well liked on the job? Ad infinitum.

The notion of enforcing "equal pay for equal work" is based on the implicit vision of an all-encompassing Big Brother--the most intrusive ever fostered on a society.

The Big brother concept--to enforce rules in every aspect of our lives, even the language we use (to make sure women don't find it offensive or "degrading") is something feminists are dangerously comfortable with.

That's because deep down, as women, they are accustomed to viewing themselves as needing to be saved or rescued by some knight in shining armor. The only difference is that as feminists they've replaced the fantasy of husband as savior, with the fantasy of a totalitarian government that fulfills their every whim. And step by step they're getting it.

DeepBlue

[This message has been edited by DeepBlue (edited 04-23-2002).]

DeepBlue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PS. Please let's get this thread back on topic, because I don't want it getting moved over to Anything Else.

The topic is:
What can you do to increase the odds of meeting women with whom you'll have really good chemistry (women you really "click" with)

Freewill

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read a book about this topic once. I don't remember the name of it, but it was something like "How to meet the love of your life in 3 months".

The book was quite good, as I remember (I read it during my AFC days though). One comment I remember from the book (paraphrasing) was that you need to assemble a list of traits that you are looking for in a woman.

Then you have to go out and do the field work, of course

I'm going to try to look up the book again. It had some interesting thoughts.

------------------
No, his mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful yet discontent
He knows changes aren't permanent
--Rush "Tom Sawyer"

VeryBadGirl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, a list is VERY important in my mind - it helps you keep things in perspective and not compromise. Obviously, your list can't make a woman/man perfect, because one of those doesn't exist. But, there should be some qualities that you don't compromise on. And, the earlier you esablish what those qualities are, the better off you are in the dating world.

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeepBlue:
PS. Please let's get this thread back on topic, because I don't want it getting moved over to Anything Else.

The topic is:
What can you do to increase the odds of meeting women with whom you'll have really good chemistry (women you really "click" with)
OK, back at it!

What can you do to increase the odds?

1. Know exactly what you want from a woman and a relationship.

2. Frequent the places where the women you think you might be compatible with hang out.

3. Date as many of them as possible.

4. Ruthlessly weed out the flakes and undesirables.

5. Repeat steps (2),(3), and (4) until desired result is achieved.

Can you tell I like to keep things simple?

Gipper

------------------
"There's nothing wrong with letting the girls know you're money, and that you want to party.
-Trent, from "Swingers"

"Keep your girlfriend away from me,
Just advice I’m giving you for free,
Wanna have every thing I see,
So keep your girlfriend away from me..."
-Local H, from "Here Comes The Zoo"

DeepBlue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Gipper wrote:
What can you do to increase the odds?

1. Know exactly what you want from a woman and a relationship.

2. Frequent the places where the women you think you might be compatible with hang out.

3. Date as many of them as possible.

4. Ruthlessly weed out the flakes and undesirables.

5. Repeat steps (2),(3), and (4) until desired result is achieved.

Can you tell I like to keep things simple?

Yes! And between you simplifying things, and me overcomplicating them, we should get this figured out just right.

I would add a couple of things to the list as follows:

1. Know exactly what you want from a woman and a relationship and don't settle for a woman who is lacking in qualities you know are important to you.

2. Frequent the places where the women you think you might be compatible with hang out, and also try to meet women in "natural settings" where it is easier to tell if you have good chemistry with the woman you talk to.

3. Date as many of them as possible. This means the following:

a) Approach lots of women and talk to lots of women. LOTS!

b) When you talk to women, do whatever you can to convey your personality and project a clear sense of who YOU are, to see how well she "clicks" with you. If you are being the person you really want to be, and projecting THAT, you are giving those women who DON'T click with you a chance to NEXT themselves--rather than wasting more time on them.

c) Of the women you talk to, you won't be interested in most, and vice versa, but with many of them you should set up a brief date. Make these "dates" no more than a quick, easy get-together like going for a cup of coffee together. Thinking in terms of a brief initial date will make it possible for you to have LOTS of them.

Twenty minutes with a woman should be enough to tell you if she is a good candidate for a "second round interview" compared to the other women you've talked to.

d) Set up a second date with some of the women to continue the weeding out process. Avoid settings that force intimacy, for instance a dance club with it's music, dim lighting, and alcohol. Go for natural settings that make it easy to tell if you genuinely have good chemistry.

e) Of the women you go on "second round dates" with, you will pick some for a "third round", and weed out the rest.

f) Whenever you narrowed things down to the point of knowing that you have good chemistry with a woman, really "click" with her and enjoy being with her, THEN take things to a sexual level so you can assess your compatibility as sexual partners.

In this scheme, you are purposely putting off sex with a woman until AFTER you've had a chance to weed out the ones that you aren't highly compatible with. This keeps your judgement regarding compatibility issues from being clouded by sex. In other words, it ensures that you don't overlook serious compatibility issues for the sake of sex, only to have those issues turn into problems later on, if you get into an LTR.

g) Of the women that you are sleeping with, you might find that you want to start spending more time with some than others, and the weeding out process may continue till you've narrowed it down to just two women.

h) Rather than putting yourself through the unnecessary stress of deciding between the final two candidates--both perfect goddesses--the three of you can move to Utah and get married as a polyamorous couple.

DeepBlue

[This message has been edited by DeepBlue (edited 04-24-2002).]

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DeepBlue wrote:
Twenty minutes with a woman should be enough to tell you if she is a good candidate for a "second round interview" compared to the other women you've talked to.

I dunno, an hour seems like a better time limit. Twenty minutes is hardly enough time to figure out a chick, because she's going to have some jitters and have her shields up. An hour gives her time to relax and be more herself.

DeepBlue wrote:
In this scheme, you are purposely putting off sex with a woman until AFTER you've had a chance to weed out the ones that you aren't highly compatible with. This keeps your judgement regarding compatibility issues from being clouded by sex. In other words, it ensures that you don't overlook serious compatibility issues for the sake of sex, only to have those issues turn into problems later on, if you get into an LTR.

I agree.

DeepBlue wrote:
Of the women that you are sleeping with, you might find that you want to start spending more time with some than others, and the weeding out process may continue till you've narrowed it down to just two women.

Although I agree completely, this kind of statement will get you in deep doo-doo with certain female posters. You have been warned.

DeepBlue wrote:
Rather than putting yourself through the unnecessary stress of deciding between the final two candidates--both perfect goddesses--the three of you can move to Utah and get married as a polyamorous couple.

Cool! Why not?

Gipper

------------------
"There's nothing wrong with letting the girls know you're money, and that you want to party.
-Trent, from "Swingers"

Freewill

Don Juan
Reaction score
"c) Of the women you talk to, you won't be interested in most, and vice versa, but with many of them you should set up a brief date. Make these "dates" no more than a quick, easy get-together like going for a cup of coffee together. Thinking in terms of a brief initial date will make it possible for you to have LOTS of them."

I dunno, that seems like a lot of coffee. My stomach starts doing pushups after just one cup. Mind suggesting some other short dates just for my benefit?

"Rather than putting yourself through the unnecessary stress of deciding between the final two candidates--both perfect goddesses--the three of you can move to Utah and get married as a polyamorous couple."

Utah is a sh!thole. Just ask me--I live there, and even I dislike most of the people.

------------------
No, his mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful yet discontent
He knows changes aren't permanent
--Rush "Tom Sawyer"

DeepBlue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Gipper wrote:
I dunno, an hour seems like a better time limit. Twenty minutes is hardly enough time to figure out a chick, because she's going to have some jitters and have her shields up. An hour gives her time to relax and be more herself.

What I meant is that with some girls you'll know inside of 20 minutes that she's not someone you feel like spending more time with. In that case, the brief coffee date is a real plus, compared to being stuck on some two hour date with the chick.

If after twenty minutes you're still interested, you can always hang out longer, or decide to get together again.

The idea is to think in terms of short dates that give you the option of extending them, because that is what will make it feasible to have LOTS of them. By choosing to keep it brief with all the one's you are "weeding out" you have more time left over in your life to spend with the ones that you are more interested in.

DeepBlue wrote:
Of the women that you are sleeping with, you might find that you want to start spending more time with some than others, and the weeding out process may continue till you've narrowed it down to just two women.

Gipper replied
Although I agree completely, this kind of statement will get you in deep doo-doo with certain female posters. You have been warned.

I don't get it. What's the problem with it? Narrowing it to "2"? That was a prelude to my Utah joke. Other than that harmless joke, why would any chick on the board get her panties in a bunch over the fact that some women you sleep with are keepers and some are not?

Hey, this is a board for MEN!

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DeepBlue wrote:
What I meant is that with some girls you'll know inside of 20 minutes that she's not someone you feel like spending more time with. In that case, the brief coffee date is a real plus, compared to being stuck on some two hour date with the chick.

If after twenty minutes you're still interested, you can always hang out longer, or decide to get together again.

The idea is to think in terms of short dates that give you the option of extending them, because that is what will make it feasible to have LOTS of them. By choosing to keep it brief with all the one's you are "weeding out" you have more time left over in your life to spend with the ones that you are more interested in.

Gotcha. And I totally agree.

DeepBlue wrote:
I don't get it. What's the problem with it? Narrowing it to "2"? That was a prelude to my Utah joke. Other than that harmless joke, why would any chick on the board get her panties in a bunch over the fact that some women you sleep with are keepers and some are not?

Lemme see if I can quote someone without using a specific name...

Mysterious Female Poster said:
Gip, seriously...EVERY single mother I know does NOT put up with a guy who dates other women. Actually, this is true of all women I know, not just single mothers. I don't care who the woman is, if you tell her you are dating someone else you are automatically viewed as a "cheater" and a "player", regardless of how long you've dated the woman or whether you have a commitment or not. There is NO good outcome in telling a woman you are dating other women. NONE. She will either lose interest in you immediately or gradually lose interest in you while she is out dating other men. If you intentionally try to make someone jealous so they will "compete" for you, they are going to do the very same thing to you. Then it becomes a constant battle to one-up each other. If he tells her he might as well stop seeing her then, because he will destroy ANY chance of things working out with her.

She also said:
One more question.
If you are dating more than one woman and having sex with them, how do you feel about those women also having sex with the other men they are dating?

I retorted:
I assume this is directed at me.

First of all, I wasn't having sex with ALL the women I was dating, just a couple of them.

Second, Condoms are essential in this day and age. At the risk of sounding like a public service announcement, I heartily recommend everyone use them.

Finally, I DON'T CARE if they are having sex with the other men they were seeing. All I know is they are getting their best sex from me (wink, wink)! I'm not their husband; I can't control them even if I wanted to. Besides, most women would lie about this anyway. It's happened before...

Mysterious Female Poster said:
It was directed at everyone, actually. I agree with the condoms issue. I have to say, though, that MOST of the guys here would not share your attitude about not caring if a woman you were dating was also having sex with other guys, but they would think it is okay for them to spread themselves around like that. Personally, I won't date anyone who is dating other women, but I only date one person at a time too. I also have a "no sex without exclusivity" policy.

I finished up that particular thought by:
I think you are missing the point. Most women don't think like a Don Juan. They think like you. Your "no sex without exclusivity" comment bears this out.

Women want monogamy, for the most part. I don't have to worry about most women "spreading themselves around" as you put it, because most women would find that distasteful. They will hope I eventually become exclusive with THEM and focus on the relationship, not the sex.

When choosing a partner for a LTR, I have to know if we are sexually compatible; that's one of my 'tests'. If we're not, she goes. Simple as that.

If it sounds like a double-standard, so be it. It's about time men realize that we can steer a relationship if we want to. Women don't have any exclusive right to that.

Gipper

DeepBlue wrote:
Hey, this is a board for MEN!

Very true.

Long Winded Gipper

------------------
-Trent, from "Swingers"

VeryBadGirl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know who "Mysterious Female Poster" is, but I think that dating multiple people is pretty common and accepted among anyone who is smart - ie, anyone who is a "smart dater."

When you become a player or a cheater is when you lie about sh*t:

As in: "You are the only one baby, I swear."
Or: "Of course I am not seeing anyone else"
Or: "Yes, let's not see other people."

(Except you are f*cking her next door neighbor, sister and mom.)

Pretty much, if you have moral integrity, you are good to go.

If you find a girl who lies to you, by all means lie your ass off to her.

But, for all us gals who don't lie, we appreciate the same sentiment back.

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by VeryBadGirl:
I don't know who "Mysterious Female Poster" is, but I think that dating multiple people is pretty common and accepted among anyone who is smart - ie, anyone who is a "smart dater."

VeryBadGirl, I'm becoming increasingly attracted to you!

When you become a player or a cheater is when you lie about sh*t:

As in: "You are the only one baby, I swear."
Or: "Of course I am not seeing anyone else"
Or: "Yes, let's not see other people."

(Except you are f*cking her next door neighbor, sister and mom.)

Pretty much, if you have moral integrity, you are good to go.

Agreed.

If you find a girl who lies to you, by all means lie your ass off to her.

But, for all us gals who don't lie, we appreciate the same sentiment back.

Well said!

Gipper

------------------
-Trent, from "Swingers"

DeepBlue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Gipper wrote:
I finished up that particular thought by:
I think you are missing the point. Most women don't think like a Don Juan. They think like you. Your "no sex without exclusivity" comment bears this out.

Women want monogamy, for the most part. I don't have to worry about most women "spreading themselves around" as you put it, because most women would find that distasteful. They will hope I eventually become exclusive with THEM and focus on the relationship, not the sex.

When choosing a partner for a LTR, I have to know if we are sexually compatible; that's one of my 'tests'. If we're not, she goes. Simple as that.

If it sounds like a double-standard, so be it. It's about time men realize that we can steer a relationship if we want to. Women don't have any exclusive right to that.

Not much for me to say here, because I couldn't have said it better. I don't mind the idea of narrowing things down to one person at some point to give that person "a serious go" as a monogamous relationship (and now all the Players will get on my case for that), but if you do that too soon then you never have a true opportunity to compare the women, beyond comparing first impressions.

I mean, if a woman that I am strongly attracted to were comparing me to some other guy who is competing for her attention, then I would want her to have the opportunity to compare sex with me versus having sex with the other guy. Heck, that's one of the few things I do right.

DeepBlue

PS. Thank you Gipper for not mentioning the name of the person you quoted. This is a long, yet refreshingly ON-TOPIC discussion thread. I would hate for it to get larded down with a bunch of tangential arguments over what someone actually meant or how they were misconstrued, blah, blah. If anyone wants to do that PLEASE devote a separate thread to it.

Sting

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In response to VeryBadGirl:

I would agree with you on the integrity part. However, one of the primary reasons people cheat is not because they are trying to get away with something, but because something is missing from their current relationship.

Now, many people would say that the cheater is without integrity because he or she failed to break of the relationship BEFORE cheating. However, you cannot absolve the non-cheating party of responsibility for contributing to the environment that caused the cheating party to cheat.

Of course, the option of explaining what is missing from a relationship BEFORE cheating is always available.

------------------
It could happen to you, just like it happened to me, there is simply no immunity, there's no guarantee...

VeryBadGirl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sting,

Yes, that is correct in many cases. But, in some cases, the cheater actually is just a b*tch or a bastard and the person they are cheating on has done everything they could to make a great relationship.

There are people who are just incapable of being faithful regardless of the person they are with or the state of the relationship.

The real problem is that if you realize that you are one of these people who is incapable of monogamy, your course of action should be to never get into monogamous relationships. If you are honest with those that you sleep with that it will never happen, you are being true to your own nature and keeping your integrity. But, this is rarely the route that is taken.