Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Manhood Ritual

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BoostedArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it a good or a bad thing?

Imo it's larping. Like those "super-masculine guys" that use Jack-Daniels-BBQ- Soap To wash their ass in the shower, have an AR-15 Sticker on their car and eat Bull-Testicles every morning.
You're just doing it with meditation, "Super-Stone-hard-confidence" and "nothing affects me".

I meditate myself, but I wouldn't want it to define me. It serves its purpose when done 10 minutes a day, more just has diminishing returns. "Self-Improvement" has many facets, not just one.

I agree there should be a rite of passage, but meditating an hour per day is not sth. challenging, everyone can do it.

I suggest you research about rite of passages of different cultures and take inspiration from there.

Rainrain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe that rituals often involve a mentor figure, such as your father. Many of us have grown up with fathers who were passive or absent, absorbed in their vices, or with mothers who wore the pants in the relationship and input unrealistic "Disney-esque" views onto us.

In the movie "The Northman," there's a scene where a Viking father and son ingest a substance that induces hallucinations symbolizing the transition from boyhood to manhood. Similarly, the "Iron John" book emphasizes the significance of such rituals where it explains that the absence of initiation rites in modern Western culture causes many men to age physically but at the same time lacking maturity. These rites often involve physical or symbolic wounds, serving as a transformative process that prepares and matures men.

For example, something like being on an electrical apprenticeship, assisting your father in overhauling a car engine, or shadowing a sales representative through the sales process can function as modern-day rituals. Other experiences can be like traveling abroad (kind of what @Bingo-Player is doing right now), wilderness survival courser or entrepreneurship ventures can be done alone. These experiences expose individuals to the harsh realities of the world, teaching them resilience and fortitude.

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A mans right of passage in the 21st century is knowing how the world works.

I dont mean making money, or where your groceries come from. I mean actually knowing the Power that one man can have. There are people living on this earth that control millions of people, ideas, narratives ect. Men living in dubi that are rich from oil money that can spend 1 mil a day and not bat an eye. Dictator Putin that can send millions of men to war for the sake of securing a legacy for himself. That men have developed the ability to safely create a space ship to fly to the moon and back. Understanding the real Power a man can have in this world.

You wrap you head around these things and your truly see how the world operates.

Theoneaboveall

Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the simple manhood rituals that's gone is approaching women by force. When a man misses this ,he'll struggle later in life when it's about approaching women and closing the gap.

The strength thing, I don't know about this. Personally I don't like to sqaut and /or deadlift more than 220 pounds, because I am getting up there in age and I literally injured every muscle in my body at least once. But ..I get it.

Now , in this individualistic society, one must have PERSONAL rituals. Especially when it comes to game and women. You cannot count on your friends anymore, because inceldom is running rampant and it's only a matter of time before the next homeboy resigns from the game.

A good personal ritual can be getting at least 4 new notches per year. A set amount of days mandatory to go to the gym( 200?).
Creating a personal bucket list and check all those boxes.

I'll come up with more
Thank you for your helpful response.
I will try the gym one and bucket list one. Notch too

Theoneaboveall

Don Juan
Reaction score
Imo it's larping. Like those "super-masculine guys" that use Jack-Daniels-BBQ- Soap To wash their ass in the shower, have an AR-15 Sticker on their car and eat Bull-Testicles every morning.
You're just doing it with meditation, "Super-Stone-hard-confidence" and "nothing affects me".

I meditate myself, but I wouldn't want it to define me. It serves its purpose when done 10 minutes a day, more just has diminishing returns. "Self-Improvement" has many facets, not just one.

I agree there should be a rite of passage, but meditating an hour per day is not sth. challenging, everyone can do it.

I suggest you research about rite of passages of different cultures and take inspiration from there.
Yeah,you are right.
I will read more about rite of passage in other cultures.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The moment I realized that my father (whom I idolized for my whole life prior) was not the man I wanted to be.

Maybe some of y'all were lucky enough to have fathers you could pedestalize and keep in such high regards, I was not - however.

*I do believe that a father who has done his job right - will see his son(s) succeed him, so it's all for the better.

Gameplayer007

Reaction score
IMO, if rituals were to come back there are two areas I can think of that would be focused on. The ability to be self-sufficient and developing perseverance through hardship. I bring up these two areas because men have these qualities more than boys.

What I mean by self-sufficient is whenever there's a problem, or if a man could reasonably think of a future problem, he creates a plan and then takes action. He gets to a point by learning skills or having enough resources to essentially get the job done. He knows how to not only take care of himself, but also lead himself and get through the problem. By perseverance, a man has to be willing to suffer hardship and test his character so he can go through the struggles of life.

I recommend River of Doubt by Candice Millard for a certain section on that last point. It's about Teddy Roosevelt's journey through the Amazon forest down in Brazil, but there's plenty of good examples of men who suffer but have the will to obtain their goal vs. men who suffer and exhibit the worse traits in mankind. But I use that to illustrate the second point. When a man doesn't have that ritual to show him the world is full of challenges and struggles, he won't have the grit nor the will to take on these challenges and overcome them.