Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dealing with psoriasis/chronic diseases

inquisitor

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am currently in (I guess one could say) a known college, dealing with psoriasis. What advice do you have with men living with psoriasis or any other chronic disease, at any age of their life?

I am faced with the juvenile tendency to choose immediate pleasures over long-term satisfaction and fulfillment, while also having this disorder. I keep it under control as much as I have to. I also would rather focus on studying better in college, but of course, sometimes the tendency to slack or relax kicks in. Due to psoriasis, I can't stay up late too much, I can't be too stressed, etc. I do still stay up late often, and stress is a daily and necessary part of my life. I have check-ups every 3 or 4 months, keeping my skin in check with oral and topical medications. I guess, what thoughts can you share about dealing with chronic disease better? How are your experiences dealing with such disease/s?

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a very rare form of arthritis which is benefitted from movement (unlike rheumatoid) and also I find diet (no bread, sugar) helps.

I stretch a lot at the gym and have cleaned up diet. This disease can get really nasty.

My recent check up said my measurements are in line with people who don’t have the disease.
It’s in complete remission basically.
They wanted to put me on very expensive drugs but I did marry route and here we are.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
As a fellow psoriasis sufferer, I feel your pain.

Try the following:

10,000 IU of Vitamin D
Magnesium Oil spray on the underside of forearms

This helps a lot of people because one cause of psoriasis is being very low in Vitamin D and Magnesium.

If that doesn't work within a month or two, make an appointment and ask to be put on Skyrizi. Been on it for 6 years and been clear ever since.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
OP, there are weekly light therapies you can ask for if your medical system provides them, it’s like 10 minutes a week in a medical tanning booth with specific levels, I’ve seen it work in a family member it’s pretty cool. Also clobetasol is a topical you should be using, most likely, it is a prescription you’d need from a dermie.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
OP, there are weekly light therapies you can ask for if your medical system provides them, it’s like 10 minutes a week in a medical tanning booth with specific levels, I’ve seen it work in a family member it’s pretty cool. Also clobetasol is a topical you should be using, most likely, it is a prescription you’d need from a dermie.
Forget topicals and go with either Cosentyx or Skyrizi as biologics. Those are the holy grail of psoriasis treatments.

Virtually no immune system issues like older biologics either since they only target one cytokine pathway(IL-6 or IL-23).

I've been clear for over 6 years now.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Forget topicals and go with either Cosentyx or Skyrizi as biologics. Those are the holy grail of psoriasis treatments.

Virtually no immune system issues like older biologics either since they only target one cytokine pathway(IL-6 or IL-23).

I've been clear for over 6 years now.
Those are systemic and used only in the severest of cases as they are interleukin inhibitors which means they modulate immune response SYSTEMICALLY, in medicine you try to stay local when possible, it’s why a local corticosteroid (clobetasol) is preferable when it’s effective. Or better yet light treatments ;)

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Those are systemic and used only in the severest of cases as they are interleukin inhibitors which means they modulate immune response SYSTEMICALLY, in medicine you try to stay local when possible, it’s why a local corticosteroid (clobetasol) is preferable when it’s effective. Or better yet light treatments ;)
Right, but they influence a single cytokine, which lowers their systemic effects in comparison to say Humira or Enbrel or Stelara which are known for causing leukemia and other types of cancers.

The studies done show Cosentyx and Skyrizi have very low incidences of any sort of negative effects on the immune system like those do. That's why I would never touch biologics when they wanted to put me on them previous to Cosentyx coming out and I researched the hell out of it before I started taking it.

Zero issues, think I may have gotten sick one time in the past 6 years and that was a minor cold. Never had COVID that I am aware of, my immune system is pretty on point.

Last edited:

hellonwheels

Don Juan
Reaction score
All I gotta say is really smart of you to be very focused on stress triggers, stay disciplined with that and don’t slack. Skin conditions suck, went through extremely bad acne in high school and they can compound themself with the added stress of the appearance.

Tried everything topical and accutane but a laser treatment was a huge help and got me over it being a chronic issue.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
All I gotta say is really smart of you to be very focused on stress triggers, stay disciplined with that and don’t slack. Skin conditions suck, went through extremely bad acne in high school and they can compound themself with the added stress of the appearance.

Tried everything topical and accutane but a laser treatment was a huge help and got me over it being a chronic issue.
Psoriasis is NOT a skin condition it's an autoimmune disorder.