Being proud that you're still a virgin

StockTrader

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 25, no nookie yet for me, but I've been thinking, do you automatically have to feel bad if you're a virgin.

It's not publicized alot, but Lisa Kudrow from Friends, she was 31 before giving up her V. If you choose not to have it, you don't have to feel like a freakin loser about it. I'm sure other famous people out there, who aren't ugly, have kept it, guys and girls.

The closest I've gotten is when I met a woman over the internet (talk about not thinking) a few years ago. On a scale of 1-10, she was a -3 in the looks dept with a body shaped like Mt Fuji. Her wardrobe consisted of a bunch of rags. Her personality was ok, but she was kinda ghetto, she hung out with a bunch of losers. She did offer me sex. And I'm like, hell no!! There's no way my **** is going into something that repulsive.

I could call a hooker, but I have standards. Suffice to say, I'm only going to lay a girl I really like. I don't think it has to be as bad as you make it out to be.

Now, I'm not going to go around putting this up on billboards. But on a date with a girl, if we've got some rapport going, I could look her straight in the eye, say, "yeah, I'm glad I didn't waste it on someone." Maybe she thinks you're a loser, maybe not. But, that's alot better than sitting across from her, then when the topic of sex comes up, you hold your head down, barely make any eye contact, and in a shakey voice, say "yeah...I'm a loser, I havent had sex yet.....now I bet you're ready to leave me."

It depends more on how you see yourself vs whether or not you've had sex by a certain age. Maybe you can really impress her with your confidence about it.

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I certainly didn't find it necessary to mention to any girls whether I was still a virgin or not. I think that is really way too much personal stuff just to get your first lay with a girl. You might delve into those topics if you are looking to get married. But you sure don't need to discuss your status with girls you've only dated a half dozen times or so.

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to admit that here in America the pressure of getting laid is so strong that sometimes it makes you snap. My friends kept putting me in this category and they were kind of cool about it, but they did keep pressuring me "Dude you gotta get laid ASAP" I would almost snap when talking to girls and having this thing hanging over my head like a Damocles Sword and I would trip over my words. I think I'm finally at peace with it which has allowed me more breathing room when talking to women. Heh too much stress and you know what happens. Something's gotta give, and that thing down there is the first one to volunteer.

StockTrader

Don Juan
Reaction score
Did any of you see the MTV show True Life last week, it was on young people in wheelchairs. Some of them were really outgoing. One guy become president of his college, and was partying with hotties. Another girl, who was kinda cute, ended up hooking up with a guy who played in a local band.

They had great attitudes, not "oh, I'm in a wheelchair, no one wants to be with me." It was a very inspiring show, I taped it. Attitude is everything.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, you don't have to feel bad if you are a virgin.

Me - I am a virgin by choice, plan to stay that way until I'm married. And I want to marry a virgin girl too. I agree that it's more how you see yourself and your status - if you are proud to be a virgin, it will make you seem a LOT less loserly than if you are ashamed to be a virgin. Plus, the DJ Bible talked about a man having strong convictions - and this is one of my strongest of them.

Solomon79

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are right Stock Trader. When you take examples like that, it makes you realise how lucky you are, and that in relative terms you have the freedom to do anything.

Anyway, sex with somebody you don't care about won't achieve anything, it's little more than glorified masturbation.

I've noticed that people who sleep around are often more insecure about their (ahem) 'abilities' than people who don't. It's no big deal, you can 'learn' with the person you fall in love with, there really isn't that much to it. Of course, the self-styled 'pimps' in here will try to make out that it's a master skill that only they have full command of. But they're lying, because it's something they WANT to believe.

Remember, stupid people are more easily influenced by peer pressure.

Reaction score
Um, I'm not a virgin, but i wished I stayed that way. I was hurried and attached it to a very unsavory moment. Virginty-loss is not all it's cracked up to be. It's a little wetter, a little warmer, and a little softer, and boobies help, but the end result is the same; sweat,spurt, sleep. No parade, no medal, no ribbon. It DOES give you a bit more confidence but if you have to have sex to feel confident, you're traveling the WRONG road.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm...i am faced with choices every single time i meet girls.

i see girls, and i can tell which one's i can hook up with (thanks board) .. BUT i do not find them attracticve enough...not just physically, but emotionally too.

I meet hot girls with slutty attitudes and i push em away. I meet nice girls who arent good looking and i walk away... It getting kinda interesting but annoying at the same time.
I am gonna keep looking for a girl thats worth something to me, then it will be lights out time.

syncronic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was 21 when i lost it and i thought i was going to pop! I was raised to beleive that you should wait until you're married and i can still respect the moral value of that. The girl i lost it to was already into me for who i was and we're were falling for each other. She knew that i was a virgin, it was kinda emotional for me to talk about it. Anyways it was cool when it happened. I'm glad i waited until i was with someone i really loved but man i just couldnt hold it anymore. I thought my penis was going to expolode! No regrests just memories.

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Originally posted by StockTrader
I'm 25, no nookie yet for me, but I've been thinking, do you automatically have to feel bad if you're a virgin.

It's not publicized alot, but Lisa Kudrow from Friends, she was 31 before giving up her V. If you choose not to have it, you don't have to feel like a freakin loser about it. I'm sure other famous people out there, who aren't ugly, have kept it, guys and girls.
The cynical voice inside my head says: "Unless you are smoking hot no one will believe that your 'choosing' not to have sex, they will just think you can't get it. Or, if you are hot then they will think you are gay."

That voice also says: "No, your future girlfrined will not understand nor be compassionate about this. Lie to her, get some practice and hope it goes better with your second future girlfriend."

I hate how often the cynical voice is right.

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This comes up time and time again (excuse the pun).

There's nothing wrong with being a virgin so you don't 'have' to feel bad about it or anything else, but that's not why I'm posting.

What I can't understand is why so many of you virgin guys feel that just when you find a girl that you want to have sex with, you have to tell her that you're a virgin first. Why?? What are you hoping to gain by telling her?

I don't know whether you've got some romantic notion of telling her, and then something sweet and loving happening, or what.. Maybe you're insecure about your performance, and that she'll guess?

I just don't get it. You almost take it for granted that when you do finally meet a girl you want to give it up for, you'd tell her your BIG secret (j/k) before doing the deed.

I say you should keep your mouth firmly closed. How many women you've slept with is your business, even if the answer is zero. If she asks you how many beforehand, just say "Enough", and smile.

bp1974

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

If your 25 and still a virgin.... you must be repressing your homosexual feelings, by not going after women. Be a man!!!! if you like men go for them, if you dont then go for women. I'm tired of listening wankers...it makes me sick.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by marqZAL
If your 25 and still a virgin.... you must be repressing your homosexual feelings, by not going after women. Be a man!!!! if you like men go for them, if you dont then go for women. I'm tired of listening wankers...it makes me sick.
What the hell? :confused:

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats the oldest virgin we got here?
And non virgins, what age you lose it at?
Lost mine at a tender age of 14, largely aided by my slutty girlfriend of the time. No regrets!

In fact, apart from religion, or lack of self esteem - I can't see any great reason to hold onto your V. These "no sex before marriage" chumps, don't you realise you're probably gonna end up with a sh*t sex life, FOREVER?

For your own sake get in some practise before you get married. And whether your potential bride is good in bed or not should be part of the screening process. Who wants to marry a chick who is just fundamentally prudish and crap in bed? Bad mistake....

Another thing, what if you don't meet anyone who meets your standards until you're 50? You wanna lose your virginity to a wrinkly old hag? Of course not, you wanna lose it now while the women your age are still firm and juicy. Harsh I know but true surely!

mystik

Don Juan
Reaction score
did you have any long term relationship? its hard to date a girl for a year and not have sex.

Alk

Don Juan
Reaction score
never mind..it wont let me delete my post

Avsguy01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently lost my virginity about a week ago and i feel great! The thing that sucks is that i havent had it since then and i miss it already!!

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bugsquish , you are blowing this way out of proportions. Im not gonna wait till 50 for perfect chick, im gonna wait untill i find someone i have a connection with.

MoMurda

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by bp1974
This comes up time and time again (excuse the pun).

There's nothing wrong with being a virgin so you don't 'have' to feel bad about it or anything else, but that's not why I'm posting.

What I can't understand is why so many of you virgin guys feel that just when you find a girl that you want to have sex with, you have to tell her that you're a virgin first. Why?? What are you hoping to gain by telling her?

I don't know whether you've got some romantic notion of telling her, and then something sweet and loving happening, or what.. Maybe you're insecure about your performance, and that she'll guess?

I just don't get it. You almost take it for granted that when you do finally meet a girl you want to give it up for, you'd tell her your BIG secret (j/k) before doing the deed.

I say you should keep your mouth firmly closed. How many women you've slept with is your business, even if the answer is zero. If she asks you how many beforehand, just say "Enough", and smile.

bp1974
Excellent point on keeping yer yapper shut till clutch time, but this hot chic I am seeing told ME she is a virgin,(I so can't see that, she is so aggressive physically)so I told her and she thought I was lying, I only said because she said so...