As your thoughts?

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aa meetings not a fan what has been your experiences?
Give it a chance. It's helped many people more than any other program. It's stood the test of time. You'll find that the anxiety you experience contemplating the meeting and recovery process is more painful than the doing. As men we hate to show vulnerability. Don't worry about that. Just take the first step. Don't worry about the second and third etc. That's your brain doing what it is used to doing. You will meet people that have had similar experiences or worse. People that barely know you but will be a friend regardless of whether you think you deserve a friend or not. People you can call in moments of weakness. People that will become friends for life and that will understand you better than your own family. You don't have to be a Christian for it to work but you will still realize there is a higher power. What have you got to lose?

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got some AA meetings on my schedule for later this week to take the first step myself. Give it a chance as Obee suggested. We men, myself included, hate having to admit our vulnerabilities. Sick of trying to not drink and failing once every 1-2 weeks. Right now, I just can't have one when I do drink and it pisses me off enough to consider seeking out a group environment.

Hang in there man.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not an addict myself but had a brother who was i'm a big fan of the runners high using diet exercise and fasting to beat most habits just like ozzy osbourne and his family did.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you make this topic while drunk?