A new approach for the AFC

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This weekend I tried a new approach, which in my book is AFC to the core and I was even laughing about it the following day.

I approached women at clubs, and asked them if they have ever heard of a website called HOTorNOT?

I asked 3 women this and all 3 said YES!

Then I said, Im the type of guy who is CLUELESS about how good or bad he looks and if she were to rate me, what would it be?

Girl #1 said - 8.5
#2 - 8.3
#3 - 7.1

(YES, they actually included decimals instead of giving me a whole round #)

I talked to all 3 girls an average of 5-10 minutes, and got two phone numbers.

Im not sure HOW this technique worked and why women would give their # to an insecure AFC acting chump?

Any thoughts on this approach? and no need to slander me, I probably wont do it again, but I was curious.

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they may have given you their number but that's no promise on a date. But an interesting approach regardless.

Doppler4000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The secret is more about those 5-10 minutes you spent talking to them than the first thing you said in your approach.

If a chick's not into you, it does give them a good chance to really slam you. Situational observations are still the best bet.

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well my logic was this.

Find out her IL in me (based on just looks) right off the bat. If she gave me anything lower than a 7, I probably would not have stuck around to chat.

Im too embarrassed to even call the #'s, because I figured I had already set my self up as a insecure AFC dweeb.

The girl who gave me a 7.1 right off the bat said "Ohh! 7.1 is not bad either! dont take it in a bad way! Im picky and have a boyfriend!"

I just thanked her and walked away.

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe they are expecting you to give them a call with an inquiry about your wardrobe.

That opener got you phone #'s because a woman likes it when you value her opinion. When you give a woman an oppurtunity to improve your looks you will be adored. You will be cherished when you make yourself clay in a woman's hand.

They saw you as a Ken doll...

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You gave me a great idea for a neg-hit.

Me: "Have you seen that website HotorNot.com?"
Her: "Yes"
Me: "I'll give you 3"

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stooooolen!

I like it , I like it a lot.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin

Pure Gold-- i'm adding that to my arsenal.

RandomGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
a 3? thats like an insult man, not a neg hit. remember that a neg hit is usually neutral--you compliment one thing but show her flaw in another. Ex: You smell great, is it burger king?

The two things cancel each other out.

tell her shes a 3 will pissed her off and wont build any connection, however this would work:
"If I see you pix on there, I'll give you a perfect 10, but then you would have to hire a professional photoshop editor"

and about the topic.

Remember that everything is base on ATTRACTION.
if she is attracted to you, she will give you her number.

we can rank the level of attraction base on percentage, and this varies from girl to girl. Some girl might find you only about 50% attractive,while others will find you 80%. This is physical looks, you cant do much to change that.

The % on which a girl is willing to give out her number to you also varies from girl to girl. Some girl will give her number to a 50% attractive guy while others require 70% for example. This is her standards, and standards CAN be changed. INCREASE IT or LOWER IT

have u ever heard girls saying to their girlfriends "he doesnt look that good, BUT he is sooo..." this is an example of that.

SO....to answer ur inquiries why this AFC (which i think isnt afc with the right attitude) method works. It is prolly cuz she is ALREADY attracted to you, and by doing and saying what you said DID NOT INCREASE HER STANDARDS.

you guys know those desperate needy guys that buy her drinks and call her everyday. This tells her that if she can get this guy, she can prolly get a better guy, so this will increase her standards. and i dont think you wanna do that do you?

the secret is to increase her standards if she is feeling down and worthless, and decrease it if she is a SHB that knows she is one.
if you employ all the right moves and techniques you will do it such that she wont even realize it; its so subtle.

Last edited:

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin

Yeah, she'll be all over you after that. :rolleyes:

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good stuff...

I agree that might be an insult. I'd raise the number to a 5...

Pap

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting routine, man. Whether or not those numbers are solid followups depends on the pickup itself, and how well you conveyed higher value and your personality during the set. If you had attraction, comfort, and connection, then the numbers may very well be solid and you might as well followup as you have nothing to lose...and only field-experience to gain from continuing to play. Also, you should know that girls often give their numbers out to guys just as a social thing with no intent of seeing the guy...especially if the pickup didn't involve and higher-value conveyance or enough comfort.

Cheers,

Papa

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If you made it 5, and she was really hot, and you had a cheeky grin on your face as you said it, you'd probably get away with it.