Go Back   Don Juan Discussion Forum > Anything Else

Old 05-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
Viking25
Senior Don Juan

Viking25 is on a distinguished road
ADD pills to help you study for finals

What are the best pills and what kind of effect did they have on you? Are they worth it? It's hard to concentrate on studies with all this good weather and chicks walking around in mini skirts.
Viking25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2006, 08:37 PM   #2
TyTe`EyEs
Master Don Juan

TyTe`EyEs is on a distinguished road
Adderall.

http://www.whatmeds.com/meds/adderall.html
TyTe`EyEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
Cruise
Senior Don Juan

Cruise is on a distinguished road
Called crack cocaine. At a ghetto near you.
Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #4
italostud
Master Don Juan

italostud will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise
Called crack cocaine. At a ghetto near you.

Ahh good ol' crack. Got me through many an exam.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #5
BrotherAP
Master Don Juan

BrotherAP is on a distinguished road
Dude ADD medication doesn't work like that.

First of all, assuming you even buy into the ADHD craze, you first need to be diagnosed with ADD/ADHD (same thing). Now, assuming you actually have the disease, the medicine may or may not help you concentrate - it has different effects on different people. And, if it does help you concentrate, it's an effect that takes a while to actually set in after a period of regular use, so trying to take them just for finals won't likely help you. In fact, the period during your starting an ADHD medication is supposed to be obligation free because the change in brain chemisty brought on by the drug can actually disrupt you more than help. And this is all if you actually HAVE ADHD.

Oh and Ritalin and Dexadrine both had similar effects on me - which is the little known side effect of induced paranoia and borderline psychosis. It was fun while it lasted, but I don't think it would have helped me with finals.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
DrMetallica
Master Don Juan

DrMetallica is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you go to ASU?
DrMetallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:54 AM   #7
Viking25
Senior Don Juan

Viking25 is on a distinguished road
Ok..I did some research..TyTe`EyEs thanks for the link, It's true it takes 3-4 weeks for this to work if it works. So I wonder,all those kids telling me they take one adderall and study for 10 hours straight,are they full if sh1t then?
Why are there people on campus selling adderall for 5 bucks/pill?..You'd think word would got out that it doesnt work.
Viking25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:02 AM   #8
Skilla_Staz
Master Don Juan

Skilla_Staz is on a distinguished road
Stratera. Doesn't make you tired. Better eat food with it though, it's nasty as hell if you don't. Believe me. It takes about 2 weeks to build up in your system though.
Skilla_Staz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:18 AM   #9
BrotherAP
Master Don Juan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking25
Why are there people on campus selling adderall for 5 bucks/pill?..You'd think word would got out that it doesnt work.

Because people are stupid. Some just want to get high - Ritalin is an amphetamine, very similar to crystal meth (methampetamine), other ADD meds are just different varieties of strong stimulants, some are anti-depressants and pretty much all of them are psychoactive. Some people just want to pop pills, others truly believe that the pills will help. A few people might even just like the stimulant effect on alertness so they can study instead of sleep. Whatever the case is, if you just need an alertness boost drink coffee or Red Bull, if you want to get high smoke some weed, and whatever you do don't waste your time with lame ADHD meds because they won't help you anyway, they're illegal, and likely more dangerous than even weed - so really what's the point? ADHD medication is for people with ADHD and idiots.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:06 AM   #10
Phoenix_of_the_ashes
Master Don Juan

Phoenix_of_the_ashes is on a distinguished road
Juat get used to studying long times, I study 6-8 hours every day without medication.
Phoenix_of_the_ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:32 PM   #11
SELF-MASTERY
Banned

SELF-MASTERY is on a distinguished road
It works for me, but I have A.D.D..

Truthfully, I hate how meds make me feel, slows me down. I refuse to take any drug for my ''illness'' because I love the feeling of having a supercharged brain (feeling ok.) I think that ppl with ADD/adhd just have to learn how to cope with their unique wiring.
SELF-MASTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #12
BrotherAP
Master Don Juan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELF-MASTERY
It works for me, but I have A.D.D..

Truthfully, I hate how meds make me feel, slows me down. I refuse to take any drug for my ''illness'' because I love the feeling of having a supercharged brain (feeling ok.) I think that ppl with ADD/adhd just have to learn how to cope with their unique wiring.

If you'd be interested, I could probably dig up the sources I researched that finally cemented my opinion that ADHD/ADD (same thin) is not a disorder. There are many reasons to be believe a person with ADHD is predisposed to being successful, and in fact have an enhanced capacity to focus on tasks they actually enjoy (ever seen somebody with ADD play a video game? They're uninterruptable). It's not a disorder, society just wants it to be. I say f*ck that.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #13
SELF-MASTERY
Banned

SELF-MASTERY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherAP
If you'd be interested, I could probably dig up the sources I researched that finally cemented my opinion that ADHD/ADD (same thin) is not a disorder. There are many reasons to be believe a person with ADHD is predisposed to being successful, and in fact have an enhanced capacity to focus on tasks they actually enjoy (ever seen somebody with ADD play a video game? They're uninterruptable). It's not a disorder, society just wants it to be. I say f*ck that.

I strongly agree that people with ADHD/ADD have the ability to 'HYPER-FOCUS' on things that interest them. It's interesting that families with a history of autism also have a family history of ADD/ADHD, there is definitely a corelation. I think it gets a bad name because of the over medicating of school age kids. Success in school boils down to learning how to engage the ADD/ADHD child/adult. ADD isn't a problem of lack of focus, instead, it's a problem of focusing too much.

I'm aware and hyper vigilant of everything and must explore every thought that flows through my head... I can spend 45 mins day dreaming about playing golf or about a conversation I had earlier. It's definitely an interesting way to live.
SELF-MASTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #14
Pimp101
Don Juan

Pimp101 is on a distinguished road
I love the way drugs are demonized in the media, yet when Amphetamine (speed) is repackaged as a medication for ADHD in the form of Adderall its just accepted as a fact of life.
Pimp101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #15
MackJr
Master Don Juan

MackJr is off the scale
I think the reality is that Adderall, Ritalin, and Concentra are just performance-enhancing drugs, like steroids are for sports.

It's interesting they don't regulate that they way they do sporting medications. Think about it--the guy sitting next to you taking the SAT might be getting a chemical boost. No one has caught onto this yet.
MackJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:20 AM   #16
Marvin Gaye
Senior Don Juan

Location: Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let the problems in your mind become ancient artifacts
Marvin Gaye has a spectacular aura aboutMarvin Gaye has a spectacular aura aboutMarvin Gaye has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp101
I love the way drugs are demonized in the media, yet when Amphetamine (speed) is repackaged as a medication for ADHD in the form of Adderall its just accepted as a fact of life.

Haha. I love this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder
Does a prospector try to change the rocks to gold or does he just sift until he finds nuggets?

Being a DJ just makes it easier (and fun) to sift.
Marvin Gaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #17
StateOfMind
Don Juan

StateOfMind is on a distinguished road
@mackjr Have you watch the documentary Bigger Stronger Faster?? Your point was brought up a few times.
StateOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote