Life's Truths (at least in Francisco's world)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*** My gift to the forum; Happy Holidays ***

1. You become what you believe.
  2. The universe can dream a bigger dream for you than you can dream for yourself.
  3. Expect nothing, release yourself, surrender only to your own actions.
  4. Intention rules the world, be purposeful with your own.
  5. Put yourself first, don't expect other people to.
  6. What you focus on expands.
  7. When someone shows you who the are, believe them the first time.
  8. Each trial in your life is there to show you who you really are.
  9. Be grateful, do not take things for granted. Everything "is" because of some type of action, not fate.
  10. Follow your passion to authentic power.
    [/list=1]

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia
Master Don Juan

-------------------------------------

That is a masterful number, signifying a great post Francisco

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When someone shows you who the are, believe them the first time.
I don't agree with this one. There are a lot of manipulative people out there, and first impressions never last.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aBAzLLnA
I don't agree with this one. There are a lot of manipulative people out there, and first impressions never last.
What you are describing is a insincere attitude or personality trying to mask that they are manipulative. You have to have the fortitude to see behind that mask and see who they are at their core. It may not be the easiest thing to do, but it is very accurate when you posses that skill.

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
What you are describing is a insincere attitude or personality trying to mask that they are manipulative. You have to have the fortitude to see behind that mask and see who they are at their core. It may not be the easiest thing to do, but it is very accurate when you posses that skill.
That is very untrue... I am very sure that is untrue, and many other people could back me up.

Have you ever met a person who wasn't an AFC who showed you everything that was wrong with them the moment they met you? I doubt it, or they would be showing you their open wounds, ready for you to take advantage of them...

There is no intelligence behind that action, you can spot somebody to know they are hiding something, though. I hope that is what you meant.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno if one's gut instinct would always be right. Most of the time it is, but if you've got poor judgement, then I wouldn't suggest following it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Boner da Stoner
That is very untrue... I am very sure that is untrue, and many other people could back me up.

Have you ever met a person who wasn't an AFC who showed you everything that was wrong with them the moment they met you? I doubt it, or they would be showing you their open wounds, ready for you to take advantage of them...

There is no intelligence behind that action, you can spot somebody to know they are hiding something, though. I hope that is what you meant.
It's all about your ability to read a person by interacting with them. Many DJ wannabe's can't do that. They almost need someone to hit them with a brick before they realize what's going on. They are too busy worrying about their frame to notice these things.

Believe what you will, and I'm sure that more people than not will back you up. There's also more AFCs in the world than DJs. It's just a fact of life.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aBAzLLnA
I dunno if one's gut instinct would always be right. Most of the time it is, but if you've got poor judgement, then I wouldn't suggest following it.
Good advice. :up:

MightyMate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We mean situation. You are meeting somebody in PROPER conditions. So by some reason You wanna chat with them and they wanna chat with You. And You feel like You could like them. And all the 1st words about You which You gonna say is gnna be true. Like You are going with her, she says - hey lets go eat dogfood i like it. And Yu say - You know i hate dog food. Im blahblahblah... ON 5th date, she says hey lets eat dogfood and You are not so hard anymore. Thi time You are finding some excuses or really go there. [Just an example for people who dont understand this point of view].

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump for the sake of getting another interesting conversation started... Reformatted since the old formatting style didn't convert to the new system...

Life's Truths...
...at least in Francisco's world...;)
  2. The universe can dream a bigger dream for you than you can dream for yourself.
  9. Be grateful, do not take things for granted. Everything "is" because of some type of action, not fate.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great truths Francisco, I can sense Dr. Wayne Dyer's influence in those beliefs. Very universal and useful.

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Life's Truths...
...at least in Francisco's world...;)

Very true, Francisco, especailly number 3 and 5 to me. Good post there is here indeed.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
resilient said:
...I can sense Dr. Wayne Dyer's influence in those beliefs. Very universal and useful.
Bingo! :up:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unregistered said:
I'm a little fuzzy on this one. Elaborate please.
If I give you a box, I bet you could measure it and tell me how big it is. Now, do the same with the Universe....

Your own limiting beliefs can confine you such as the corners and edges of the box. The Universe has no know (measurable) boundaries. We are a part of this Universe. "Expand your mind and your @ss will follow..." -- George Clinton :up:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
francisco what do you mean by authentic power?
Good question and excuse me for saying something sexist but I'll explain why afterward. Women usually do not know the definition of authentic power because of their nature, they are not power seekers by default. Men on the other hand either seek power, long for it, and typically define themselves by being in power, the Alpha, in control.

Now don't get me wrong, it's great to feel that level of control however men typically go after the wrong things to "emote" the look of power. This could manifest in having a high paying job and title to match, the most expensive luxury cars, the finest babe in the neighborhood, the most sexual conquests; you get the idea.

The common thread in all of these things is that they are based on things other than themselves, it's all about what they believe they own. It's not internal (authentic). Case in point, compare the demeanor of these same men if they loose one of these things. If they had defined themselves by it, loosing it could be comparable to loosing an appendage in their eyes.

Having authentic power means that you are in control, but of yourself without any external influences. Character traits that are personal in nature such as charisma, intelligence, integrity and self confidence can all contribute to one's authentic power.

The best way to cultivate traits like these is to become passionate about something, anything! Something that energizes you no matter if you are the best at it or not, it's not about competition against anyone else.. It's all about finding something that you just enjoy doing no matter what. Something that when you describe it to someone, you sound like a late night infomercial salesperson. You speak of it as if it's your life's blood.

Finding that passion (or passions if you're lucky) will change a person's life. It will put other things in perspective in comparison. It will give them a power from within themselves that no one can manipulate nor take away. It will be completely be in your control. And with that, you are your true authentic self whenever you take part in that passion. There are no airs, no facades, no bullsh1t in you or your actions.

You are true to yourself and your presentation to the world will be that true self; without fear, without competition, without embellishments. True, pure, authenticity; authentic power...

chickenlegs03

Banned
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
unfortunately, I'm too good at this, and at times I wish I wasn't. I wish I was naive and ignorant some times. but at the end of the day i guess it is a good skill to have.

great tips on the original post, definitely words to live by. :up: