She "Wants to be Friends" - Help o_0

Muphaser

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right ive searched and couldnt find it yo - but theres this girl (of cause)
I Met her at a bbq and i know where she lives so next day i posted a letter throught her door saying it was cool to meet some1 who i just clicked with straight away and put my number in the letter. I gotta text later that day which read:

"the bbq was gr8. Im flattered by the letter but im sorry - i could only ever think of you as a friend. I have to admit theres sum1 in my year who im seeing off and on. Sorry to be a let down n i hope college goes well"

Well the letter wasnt meant to be in the form of asking her to go out with me so i replied something like:

"hey. I didnt write the letter like that. But glad you liked it.But friends still go out yo. so hows your head feeling?

Then she replied with:

Few! Glad you didnt mean it like that lol. No hangover 4 me. But my dad was a bit dodgy. C U at the next bash xx.

so hows this intrepreted? Have I dug myself a hole? Shes hot and like really easy to talk to, she lives within 5 mins of slow walking from me so shes virtually the perfect gf yo. Where do i go from here? I want to see her more and eventually go out with her. Help!

Thanks~ Mu

Last edited:

arutha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah you didn't handle it too well.. First the letter, very bad way to do things, not a good idea at all.

But then with your response, you could have turned it up a bit. 'Jeez girl, wheres your mind at regarding me? Certainly not the same level as mine! blah blah blah'

Sometimes works, makes it look like she is chasing you.

You obviously didn't create enough attraction in her. Read the dj bible on creating attraction, and forget about her and go out with others. That is, according to the forums, the only chance you have. Show her that you have other options, make her miss you, and see that you are fun, and possibly make her jealous.

Muphaser

Don Juan
Reaction score
heh i see you and i are on a sorta same wave length coz thats what im just about to go out and do - just lacing up my shoes. But the deal is this girl is like yadda yadda something. Its not usual for me to just click with someone straight away. Sure ya get on with people but this just seemed special. Probably just to me?

Thanks for the post :D

arutha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems you're maybe starting to develop a crush, they call it oneitis or something around here.

Thats definitely a sign to forget her, at least for a while, and get distracted with others. Once you get fixed on one person, it can be quite a pain in the arse and hard to get rid of the feelings..

Good luck.

Muphaser

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea i think i have the oneitis thing - so yea i think ill (try) and forget her for a bit.

Thanks for the advice - didnt think id get help so quick :D