Hopelessly in Love

B

BeDJ

I would like to make this very brief

-1 year after we broke up a 4 year relationship. Moved in after 3 months of knowing each other.
-We were so comfortable with each other, like we had everything in common
-I've a few girls and sexed a couple, but it did not feel the same/right
-She said she is still hopelessly in love with me
-Neither of us want a relationship right now

We have 2 choices
1) Continue and see if we will get back together in the future
2) I let her go, by ignoring her calls and text

I may already know the answer since I don't plan on marrying her. However, at the same time, I want her in my life because she truly cares about me.

If you need anymore info, please let me know. Thanks!

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My lie detector went off. You don't sound like you don't want a relationship, it sounds like she doesn't and you still do.

To my ears it sounds like she fell out of love with you. You're going to have to accept that and move on with your life.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problems that caused the breakup will still be there so what's going to be different if you get back together?
Very few couples can pull it off but it usually just ends in more heartbreak, resentment and bitterness.

B

BeDJ

scrouds said:
My lie detector went off. You don't sound like you don't want a relationship, it sounds like she doesn't and you still do.

To my ears it sounds like she fell out of love with you. You're going to have to accept that and move on with your life.
Off the top of my head because I don't want to sugar coat things, hope it makes sense

She has not fallen out of love becasue she constantly texts and calls. Maybe to check up on me, who knows. I don't want to be with her right now because I have a stellar career and lost 30 lbs since we broke up. I would like to be with her but not right now.

Greasy, that is what I am afraid of. You are right. The reason why we broke up was because I didn't her hanging out with ehr friends and now I realize this was a stupid thing. As far ending in bitterness, despair and heartache, youa re absolutely right. It is very true. I throw everything out now, but I may be losign on the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.

I very much appreciate your input, i guess at this moment in time i am trying to just think that there is hope....

B

BeDJ

3 Months Later =)

I thought I would like to update you guys on this situation in hopes of helping the others out there.

Over her?
I went to visit her 2 weeks after the initial post, stayed for 3 nights and had sex like 7 times lmao. I told her this is the last time I will ever see her. We both sat there and cried out hearts out :cry:

I still maintained contact with her, hour long conversations for the next month. I kept thinking she still wanted us to be together from what she was saying. I bought into it for a month before...

The Awakening
This was the hardest thing I have done up to this point in my life. I looked at all my weaknesses and insecurities. Until then, I thought we were perfect for each other and that "it just wasn't the right timing"

WRONG

I lead myself to believe the breakup was mutual, bad timing. LMFAO, protecting my ego, I deluded myself. She was dating a guy 2 weeks after our breakup, but I told myself they were just friends!
Oh how I was caught in my own fantasy world. That's when I realized I was putting my EX on a pedestal.

Slowly (and painfully), I looked back, putting my pride aside and saw everything that I had covered in the land of ponies and unicorns. I was unplugged. I saw the truth for what it was, I saw her for who she was. I played into her frame and made prioritized her over these other women because we had "wonderful memories together" Well, I fvcked myself emotionally by doing that, as she is riding the c0ck carrousel. :kick:

By looking back, throwing my ego aside, I was able to make connections and not have a facade of our memories. She left me because she found someone better, why else would she step out of her comfort zone that was our relationship?

The cold hard truth

I don't think about her anymore, not because I choose not to, but I am currently spinning plates. Just someone I used to know :D