Online dating, have #, help please

Wildebeest

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im that guy who was trying to hit that thai chick :p we meet again.

So this week I decided to try online dating for the first time. Im 23 and live in sydney.
I made a profile on oasis active and pof.
Anyway, I messaged a heap of girls that I found attractive and I get rejected off the bat at least 80%. However Im starting to take it slightly less personally, and instead I understand that I am more of an acquired taste lol. Ive even had 3-4 girls contact me and tell me how cute I am; one of them was going on and on about my eyes. Unfortunately, I dont feel much for that girl chasing me, shes not ugly, but I dont find her cute at all...

So one of the girls I messaged, who had one of the most interesting profiles I had read, messaged me back. She tells me that im cute and that she could 'definitely' laugh at my lame jokes sometime. I message her back and she ignores me for about 4 days.

Anyway she was logging on and off chat here and there, but not initiating any chat with me. Eventually, I catch her online and I open the chat and start talking with her.
She is fairly responsive but I can tell her attention is divided (she said she was on tumblr or something later). We have a decent conversation which I lead, we have a playful vibe and share some common interests.... I find her even cuter than I originally did.

I ask her how online dating is working out for her, she says shes been there a couple of months and had a few dates, some good, some boring. I tell her that I just joined.

after 1 hour or so of chatting, I tell her id like to meet her, but I dont do it in a needy or desperate way. I tell her we can have a rule where either one of us can just leave at any point if we dont like the other - even mid conversation I joke. She laughs and says she would find that pretty offensive.

I tell her, I wouldnt mind to take her out for a quiet drink somewhere. she agrees. I ask for her number. she gives it. I ask her when she is free this week, or weekend, but I mention I cant do friday since im going out in the city with friends (which is true). She says she should be free on the weekend and she will get back to me or something. I say okay, and she sort of hurriedly excuses herself from chat and leaves. It was midnight.

I text her before bed, 1/2 an hour later, just with "Good night"
she replies, "Sweet dreams, handsome :) xo"
I reply with something kinda dumb "hah ^^"

No contact for a day. I feel like im already building up mental obstacles for myself to trip over.
So I find like she is definitely sending me lots of mixed signals and she might be a serial flirt instead of being into me.
Do I wait for her to initiate now? Is the ball in her court? Will she dislike me if I keep trying to push it?
I think I will wait and subtly push it if she doesnt it.

She lives about 1/2 an hour from place. I dont really know where I should take her. Not sure if I should ask her to travel to where I am, since I dont know her area too well. I live with my parents though and I dont think she lives with her family but im not 100%. So that would mean, it would be better to take her for a drink closer to her place in case something happened.

Advice? I build up problems so far in advance, so ****ing annoying.
1. Do I wait or call her?
2. Do I take her out closer to where she is despite not knowing the area, so I can be closer to a potential lay spot.

Will

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wait. you need to give the impression you have other things going on. It's especially important in the early weeks of dating someone new that you don't appear needy. thats what kills it for a lot of guys. Don't quickly respond to txts msgs. wait 1/2 hr or longer sometimes. space them out.
you should not have immediately texted her after getting her number...should have waited. But her response was good so no harm done there.

there is never any harm in delaying a little. In fact it helps more than anything....gets them thinking about you more.

Don't do the chatting online ever again with her or anyone else.

sure, send txts once you get a phone number. The chatting is killing of the mystery about you....don't do that.

IF A GIRL IS INTERESTED IN YOU, SHE WILL *DEFINITELY* GET BACK TO YOU.

If she doesn't....she's not interested.

example:
a recent girl I met...I purposely did not initiate a txt with her each day....she always would either in the morning or at her lunch break.
yesterday for the first time in a few weeks she didn't txt me at noon. I didn't either....on purpose.....she texted me later in the evening
to ask me out for tonight.

Wildebeest

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok yea im acting a little too desperate probably because I am...
I know the way to dump desperation is to create more opportunities for myself and change my mindset, so im going out alot more lately and im trying to meet more people.

Yeah I wish I had pushed the onus on her more firmly when she was noncommittal, that way it would be more clear where I am in the future.
So ill drop contact for about a week, and if she ignores me...? move on?

if/when I do meet her, im still a bit confused with the logistics and etiquette (not much experience)

Yea ill probably pick a place in between our locations that I havent been before..just pick a place off the street where there are a few pubs that ive driven past a few times. It would be less busy on a weeknight.

drive or train it? I suppose if I drive, I have to drink less and could even offer her a ride home if its going well. If I train it, I can drink more...lol

if im asking her out for a 'quiet drink', am I buying her drinks or are we going rounds? I dont know the etiquette

Should I be worrying about the finer points? or is this just stupid?