*OFFICIAL* December 2011 Bootcamp - Week 1

Sofomore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Boot Camp - Week #1

All right recruits, as your Drill Sergeant, I want to welcome you to the DJ Boot Camp. For the next eight weeks, you will be official property of the Don Juan Center. You will be undergoing intense, highly effective, drills and exercises that will have you becoming the DJ you've always wanted to be.

In case you have not yet read the course description, you can do so by going to: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=189920

Okay, let's begin...

During this first week, we will work on establishing the foundation for our inner DJ personas. And the foundation for this is creating and conveying confidence. Fortunately for us, confidence is not something you are born with, but rather a skill that anyone, willing to put in the effort, can develop.

Like all Boot Camp lessons, there are two parts to this week's lesson. The first part is the reading material, and the second part is the exercises. It is recommended that you read the articles first, and perform the exercises afterwards, since in many cases the exercises utilize ideas and strategies discussed in the reading material.

Purpose of this lesson: Our goal for this week is to initiate the process of developing confidence, and work on methods for conveying confidence (direct eye contact and saying Hi to strangers).

Reading Material

Lazy = Masturbation by bondjamesbond http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000696.html

The title says it all. Read to find out the mentality between those who are lazy and complain... and those who go out and actually do something (like all of us for going through this Boot Camp)!

Be a Man by Pook http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000371.html

What can I say about this post that hasn't been said before? Simply put... it's a work of art! This is the post that probably turned my whole foundation around when it came to becoming the DJ I always wanted to be. A definite must read as you begin your Boot Camp training!

To Anyone Who Lacks Confidence by Nine Breaker http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000930.html

A practical discussion on how to generate confidence. A very useful read at this stage in the Boot Camp.

Kill that desperation! by Pook http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000199.html

Another Pook classic! You want to be a DJ... then you must acquire the mentality of the DJ! Become the Great Catch.

Eye Contact (why it's important) by Surfboard http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000349.html

Why the heck is eye contact important anyway? Well aside from being an aide to displaying confidence and to show a person that you are interested in them, studies have actually proven that extended eye contact releases chemicals that simulate and initiate the feelings of falling in love. Read for more information, and for ways to use this to your advantage.

Successful eye contact by Take No Dirt http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001195.html

Okay, you've initiated eye contact... what do you do now so that she doesn't think your a psycho for staring?

Ways to make your self more attractive by Quietstorm http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000472.html

An interesting discussion on clothing, and how to dress properly. In addition to looking more appealing to girls, a change in wardrobe is one of the easiest things you can do to change your own outlook on things, and to increase your self-confidence.

(Kinda old music, but listen to it!)

Music Picks by TheRockStar (Songs to get you into the theme of the lesson).

Bette Davis Eyes - Duets Soundtrack

Beautiful Stranger - Madonna

Blue Eyes - Elton John

Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes

Start Me Up - Rolling Stones

Exercises

Okay, so you've read the posts above, and you're ready to get started with the exercises. Great!

For this week's lesson, your mission is to go out into any setting where there are a large amount of people, and practice establishing eye contact, as well as to approach strangers with a simple "Hi" or "Hello." Here are the specifics...

Exercise #1 - In two separate outings, each lasting one hour in length, you will go about establishing eye contact with strangers.

A fun way to go about doing this is to walk around in a mall or in a park and look people directly in the eyes as they are walking towards you. You will find that most people will not look at you in the eyes, but for those who do look you in the eye, you will want to practice looking in their eyes at least one second longer than they look into yours, this denotes confidence. To create the impression that you are friendly and approachable, you will want to match the eye contact with a genuine smile.

You can practice eye contact on just about anyone you see, male or female, young or old. But since the eventual goal of this Boot Camp is to acquire women, you will want to spend at least some of your time establishing eye contact with attractive girls.

Exercise #2 - A confident person has no problem saying Hi to a stranger, and since the first part of this Boot Camp is geared toward building confidence, the goal of this exercise is to go around and say Hi or Hello to a total of 50 strangers during this week. Again, you can say Hi to any person you see, but since eventually your goal will be to get girls, you will want to practice saying Hi to attractive girls. Also, when greeting strangers, practice doing so with a smile and have fun.

And to save time, feel free to combine exercises #1 and #2 together, so that you can go about greeting your 50 strangers during your eye contact outings (e.g. Establish eye contact, smile, and say Hi when you are within speaking range).

After completing this exercise (no later than December 12th - one week from today), post your results on this thread. Share with the rest of us anything interesting that happened, and what emotions you may have felt (excitement, nervousness, joy, etc.), as well as what you thought of this first lesson.

Good luck! And have fun!

Sofomore

**Text quoted from Master of the Universe

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice, let's roll!

Already started reading the articles, and I think we've made the first step in taking action by signing up for this bootcamp. With reference to the Laziness = Masturbation article, I'm definitely ready to break out of my comfort zone and disrupt my 'balanced' habitual routine. Zero risk = zero rewards, no action = no results.

Also...gonna bump this thread if it ever gets lost into oblivion during the 1st week lol.

R

Rubato

DJ Book Camp Week 1 Day 1 Field Report

Wow. I have a lot of work to do. I mic'd up like I promised and I'll have to say I was embarrassed by the quality of my interactions. I really thought I was better at this. I never have attempted any "boot camp" type thing like this before... whenever I'd try and pick up a girl during the day in the past, it would always be because I happened to be out somewhere and see someone that I felt like approaching. The only time I've ever done "forced" approaches outside of today has been at night game.

Well, let's break this down:

This is the audio from the 10 approaches I made today (you can also listen to some of my music on this website :) )

http://www.purevolume.com/Rubato37086/albums/DJ+Boot+Camp+Week+1%2C+Day+1

These are some images to give you guys an idea of what I look like and what I wore tonight, not just to stroke my narcissism, but so anyone who has any style improvement suggestions can chime in:

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h441/RubatoSS/

All right... and now for the transcriptions of each set:

Set 1

This took place randomly in the mall. I approached from behind the 2-set and in hindsight, I remember reading that's not a good idea. I didn't think about that while I was there.

I've never tried indirect game before. So I decided to give it a shot tonight in the spirit of not being an outcome oriented DJ. I really suck at it! I really didn't have any idea what to say to these girls, how to justify it, or anything. I really had no idea why I was talking to them but for the fact that they were pretty and I needed to do this.

Moving on.

Set 2

After the first set I realized I really didn't know what I was doing so my wing and I went to Wet Seal to ask a question.

That was it. I don't like "gaming" hired guns (HG's, as far as I'm concerned). I don't feel like it's effective given that it's their job to sell you something are especially prone to using techniques like flirting to make a sale. They talk to guys constantly because of their job, they have to get a good amount of attention, and this may just be a long way of me saying I'm not good enough to make it happen at this point.

I felt stilted the entire night because I didn't feel like there was a point to anything I was saying. It's evident to me as I listen back to what I said and it is probably evident to you all.

Set 3

This was a 2 set I saw walking down the mall and again, approached from behind rather than the front. Of all the sets I did, even though I didn't execute it very well, this was the set I felt most comfortable with because it's closer to what I normally do (direct game). The mistake I made was only paying attention to the pretty girl. Her friend was an ugly rhino and was clearly jealous that she didn't get any attention. Also, I didn't hear where they worked, even though they said it twice, and I assumed they worked somewhere at the mall (not Chiles). The rhino girl was an unfriendly person, the pretty girl was not and the rhino was literally dragging the pretty girl away. Oh well.

Set 4

This was an opinion opener on a girl at Pac Sun. I thought she was a customer, but it turns out she was an HG. It didn't go anywhere. I tried to get her number, but her buying temp wasn't there. And she wasn't my type either. You all saw how I was dressed tonight. She was dressed like a hippie with a lip ring.

Set 5

This was a set outside of a tea store. These girls were about as dumb as they sound. That's why I preserved the idiot comment at the end of the audio file even though we were out of set by then. My sass comment was direct to a really dramatic/negative facial gesture the girl made.

Set 6

This was my worst set of the night. It was not a good set at all. I plowed through it, had no justification for anything I said and really didn't even have anything to say.

Set 7

By this point, I figured what I was doing wasn't working so I switched tactics and went to Abercrombie (not A&F) and asked an HG about getting something for my little sister (I don't have a little sister)... obviously... I didn't even know how old my "sister" was in this convo...

Set 8

This was the same as above, except with an HG at Hollister.

Set 9

This was at Bath and Body works. I asked an HB about finding some sort of candle that would smell sensual. Again, nothing came of it.

Set 10

This was the same opinion opener I used on the Abercrombie and Hollister HG's except with a customer. Her and her friend were having some kind of argument about how even though this was just American Eagle, she should be happy with a hoody anyways because there were starving children in China. After I asked her the question, she wouldn't shut up, about my question or about her boyfriend.

Assessment:

Day one is complete. Indirect is not my game at all. I either need to study it and practice it more or just go direct. Mall game has always put me off because I've approached underage girls by accident more than once and I don't like that. All of these conversations felt very stilted and unnatural to me and I'm sure that was conveyed to the girls. Actually, this is probably the worst "sarge" I've had this year, outcome wise. I didn't even learn anyone's name!! I also need to pay more attention to eye contact. That is the first priority of this series of exercises. I am going to self require myself to also note the eye color of each girl I talk to.

Improvement Suggestions:

- Either study more about indirect game or give it up. I don't really like the premise of it to begin with because I feel like it's adding an extra step. If you're going to follow Pook's mantra and be unapologetic about the fact that you're a man, I don't think there is anything wrong with going direct. When you go indirect, you initiate the conversation about something that you don't really care about in order to get to what you do care about. And you need to be able to justify it all. With direct game, you justify it because you're upfront (to an extent) about what you're doing. I need to learn how to make sincere observations faster or these will take me a long time.

- I need to either make whatever I'm saying to the girls relevant in some way to something and not just keep saying yea, okay, all right, ect. Even if I'm just talking about something I want to talk about because I want to talk about it. I man, Set 6 is the perfect example of this. I hemmed and hawed about the fact that the 2 girls were at the mall until one of them flat out asked me what my point was!

- Better eye contact!

- I think I can improve my voice tone (there were times I felt like I sounded like a homosexual) and I need to convey more enthusiasm.

If you have any other comments or suggestions, please let me know :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sofomore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job for getting out there man! A few things I noticed:

1. You sound confident, but are a little too serious.

2. You lose momentum after the opener. Once you get their opinion, change the direction of the conversation. "So where are you from?" "So what do you like to do aside from shopping?" Girls love to talk about themselves.

3. Make sure to add a time constraint. "Hey, I've only got a minute but..."
It disarms them and helps them relax to a stranger.

Overall you're doing great! Better than a lot of us here. Starting with girls that work at the store is okay...they have to be friendly to you so its good practice!

Be sure to complete the eye contact and "Hi" exercises.

R

Rubato

Sofomore said:
Good job for getting out there man! A few things I noticed:

1. You sound confident, but are a little too serious.

2. You lose momentum after the opener. Once you get their opinion, change the direction of the conversation. "So where are you from?" "So what do you like to do aside from shopping?" Girls love to talk about themselves.

3. Make sure to add a time constraint. "Hey, I've only got a minute but..."
It disarms them and helps them relax to a stranger.

Overall you're doing great! Better than a lot of us here. Starting with girls that work at the store is okay...they have to be friendly to you so its good practice!

Be sure to complete the eye contact and "Hi" exercises.
Thank you. I ALWAYS forget the false time constraint! I know I need to start adding that.

Regarding point 1, do you have any idea how I could convey less seriousness in to what I'm saying? I'm a generally serious person unless I'm really chilled out with my friends (and even then I'm still somewhat serious) so that will be something I"ll need to overcome. Is this a voice tone issue, a topical issue, or like I just need to add more intonation, inflection, ect to what I'm saying?

For point 2, this was a very helpful observation. I realized I was not getting anywhere with these girls, and this is why. I couldn't sustain the conversation beyond whatever the opener was and had no idea what to say. Looking back on it, I feel rather foolish about all of this because it's really not that hard to get someone talking about themselves... I may just be too much in my head from finals this week. I noticed I just didn't feel extremely social and was mentally preoccupied with what I've been studying. I wasn't about to start asking a girl her opinion on trypsin vs chemotrysin as far as serine proteases go :eek:

For tomorrow, I'll try and incorporate these points in to what I'm doing... specifically:

-The false time constraint
-Better voice tone, more intonation/enthusiasm, whatever. Not so serious.
-Maintain momentum after the opener.
-EYE contact.
-No HG's. I need to be working "real women". Not HG's.

And, is it really necessary to actually verbalize the words "hello", "hey", "hi", ect for this week? I mean, if it is, I will stat doing that in all of my sets. But it seems like any form of opening communication would be appropriate here as long as it's coupled with good eye contact. The OP probably suggested "Hi" as the line to use since it's relatively easy and there aren't very many people out there who will give you a hard time for saying hello to them.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
Rubato, you've got good confidence man. The one where you went for the number close I thought was your best one. It was a little abrupt, but your energy is good.

Super Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Done with the articles. Starting with the exercises. It'll be fun.

@Rubato : You have a good energy , I feel you just need to be a little more laid back , dont ask questions(and were you trying to be funny) and make more statements and relate. Kudos for being brave.

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh, always good to re-read the Pook classics. I swear, we need to find a way to track down that guy and hand him a thousand bucks, just out of courtesy.

Question: Do you have to do the exercises in two 1 hour sessions. It's very hard for me to find time when I can spare an hour just to do these exercises, unless it's on the weekends. What I'm asking is, can you do this on your way to school? On your 5 minute lunch break? etc. Or does it have to be done in the hour long session format?

Sofomore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be all in one hour. That's just if you have a really busy schedule and still can't find time to complete the exercise. When you see that you have an hour free in your schedule, head out to the local mall.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rubato, your effort is amazing. You've really got into this with the transcripts and pics etc.

I'm + repping you for the sheer balls and effort, it is really motivating bro!!

You open well, especially with the "can you do me a favour...stop being so adorable" line (you got that off a simple pickup video, here's that opener, starting at 1:34 of the video...LOL, but hey you delivered it well).

I would agree with Sofomore. You lose a bit of momentum after the opener, in the shop floor set (number 4) you end up talking shop a bit too much (about shirts, discounts, offers etc) without playfully showing interest OR getting the girl to talk about herself more. You seem a bit too serious, I'm not saying be a stand-up comedian if that isn't your personality but a bit of playful interest (saying a girl's cute, adorable etc), like the guys do in the simple pickup videos. A common thing they do is stop a girl, with a situational question (asking for directions etc) then say they actually just wanted an excuse to talk to them because they looked cute/adorable etc. This is playfully showing interest without being an AFC faggot.

I know you're trying to make conversation in set 6, but the girls get really defensive and sound weirded out. That's because your questioning and the tone comes across as attacking/calling them out, "how do you sort of christmas shop?", "so you're just walking around the mall..." ...We at sosuave know you aren't trolling them IRL but women in their habit of overcomplicating $hit would come to the conclusion that you are. That's why I think they froze out.

So...in summary, playfully show interest. No flirting = no interest from her. A user on here had a signature saying something like "you failed to escalate, so now you have to masturbate", to me that says it best haha.

But hey, this is week 1, which is just talking I guess and being comfortable in small-talk. So you've done well.

Last edited:
R

Rubato

Thank you JonJaper

I will keep the momentum going. I might disappear for a little bit between now and Friday though because this is finals week at my Univ.

Wed is Genetics and World Civ (joke)
Thurs is Human Physiology and an optional Biochem final (I'm gonna take it to try and get the A- to an A)
and Friday is Advanced Ballroom Dance (joke) and Endocrinology

So I am going to be freakishly busy this week, notwithstanding the DJ bootcamp. If I seem to fall off the face of the Earth, let not your heart be troubled. You will get 30 more audio sound bits just like the ones I put up last night. I intend to take this as seriously as I would a bootcamp I was paying 3k for in Hollywood.

Peace Bros.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice, good luck for finals dude. Are you pre-med? Here in the UK we go to med school straight from high school (and it's a 6 year course) so we don't need to sit non medical science related subjects which are a waste of time IMO, I'd rather leave that $hit at high school LOL.

And as for the pics Rubato... you look good (no homo). There's no reason why you can't hook up with 9s or 10s based on looks alone. You kindof remind me of AFCAdam aka Adam Lyons, a well known PUA. A few constructive suggestions:

1) Maybe try styling your hair (try cutting it shorter to a crew cut or try gelling it up to make it spiky) instead of letting it fall like a pudding-bowl style like in some of your pics.

2) Try the clean-shaved look to see if it suits you.

3) Lose the hat, don't be like Mystery. You don't need to do the whole peacocking BS to get girls.

Not hating at all btw, just tryna give constructive help.

God, I sound like a massive faggot haha, saying you look good AND giving you hairstyle advice (nothing against gays, no homophobe).

...as for my progress, I'm being a mega nerd, staying at home, studying for my university course and reading the DJ bootcamp articles LOL. I'm really trying hard to not just read and understand the sticking points to the bootcamp articles, but to feel it in my bones, to incorporate it and reinforce the principles as part of my core beliefs.

At the moment I'm at my family home and not university, snowed in and looking for an excuse to get out of the house, at this stage I wouldn't mind going out shopping as a family and using my parents as wings HAHA :crackup:...

I'm hitting the gym tomorrow so I guess I'll get practicing there.

R

Rubato

I've actually been clean shaven all of my life until recently. I don't have a beard right now, I just didn't shave yesterday and my facial hair grows really really fast. I like the scruffy look sometimes.

But back to point, I had tried out the whole facial hair thing as you can see from my cell pictures (the oldest one is from this past August, where I had on my cowboy hat... I was clean shaven then). Sometime in late September I decided to try a beard since facial hair is so indicative of testosterone and I have the full capabilities of growing a beard... I can put whatever I had together in those pictures in less than 9 days.

I've had people (PUA minded people) tell me I look a lot like Adam Lyons before (minus the whole English accent, unfortunately) and Rob Thomas. I have actually had a few people ask me for my autograph because they were convinced I looked like that guy. It comes out more when I'm clean shaven.

Your hair style advice, did that apply to the pictures in which I did have my hair messily styled or to the pictures I posted of me in the red shirt that I went out in? If you have a picture in mind of the type of hair style you're talking about, send me a link because I'm interested to see what you're thinking.

And yes, I am premed. They have a few schools like that in the US, but I switched over to pre-med after 4 years of pre-law and wasn't looking for an additional bachelors degree.

Also, to EVERYONE else.

One important thing to take note of here is that you will NOT make ANY progress if you do not get off your butts and GO out and DO something. Reading Pook and all these other articles is great. Thinking about what you're going to do, well, some would say that's good, others would say it will just shoot up approach anxiety. Whatever. None of that matters. I would actually say the reading is IRRELEVANT if you don't go out and do the exercises!

I did a little more than the exercises suggested, but that's because this is not my first time out. You don't have to go out and actually open 40 girls this week and do things like go for # closes, ect. But you do HAVE to do the exercises. And quite frankly, if you can't go out, make eye contact with 40 people and say hi, you don't have any business being here. It's not something that's easy. Read through my journal at all the times I've gone out sarging just this past semester, how many dates I've been on, ect. And last night, I was pretty nervous!

To put it in perspective (I've said this on this forum of a few times now), in 2009 I was talking to my counselor about how I didn't even know how to make a conversation with people sitting next to me before class started. When people would congregate outside of the classroom waiting for it to start, or just sitting next to me waiting for the prof to get there or class to start. Other people were talking. I'd wager a lot of them had never met previous to the class beginning. But I had no idea how to even talk to a freakin stranger, guy or girl. I was the most insecure little faggot b1tchy AFC guy I may have ever known. If you read my journal, you'll read about me dating a girl for over TWO YEARS that I never even attempted to kiss!!!!!

That being said.

If I can go from being that way at the end of 2009/beginning of 2010 and by the end of 2011 am dating multiple girls at the same time, have a strong social circle, and have become one of THE guys that everyone goes to for advice when they have a problem. You all have no excuses.

I am not by any means suggesting my growth is done. I still have a lot of AFC tendencies, and that's why I'm still here. But d@mn it, I'm going to get this stuff and be a better man. I'm going to be the best man possible. And I'm not going to get that way because I sat around and read Pook all day.

So this is not me trying to be some jerk talking all high and mighty and giving everyone a hard time because they aren't posting pictures of themselves and wiring themselves up when they go out. I don't care what you do. I want you all to be inspired enough to do more than dream about what could be and take action to, as Pook said, unite dream and day! You will not fully realize the lessons contained within the pages of those essays until you actually go out and EXPERIENCE what they are talking about.

So JonJaper, and everyone else... I want to start hearing some progress about actual field experience. We gotta get 40 in this week... If you wait till Friday or Saturday, this is going to be much harder. Last night, from the time I turned my mic on till I turned it off, I had recorded 1 hour and 15 minutes. That did not include drive time. I had about 2 hours and 20 minutes invested in last night. my goal has been 10 each day, Mon-Fri but I'll probs have to modify that with my finals schedule. Just don't go out with your parents!!!! hahahahahahaha

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rubato said:
Your hair style advice, did that apply to the pictures in which I did have my hair messily styled or to the pictures I posted of me in the red shirt that I went out in? If you have a picture in mind of the type of hair style you're talking about, send me a link because I'm interested to see what you're thinking.
It mainly applied to the pictures of you in the red shirt. The messy style is cool as well. I didn't have any particular pictures of hairstyles in mind though.

Edit: Just an afterthought here Rubato... you mentioning Rob Thomas got me thinking... I remember when I was 14 and Rob Thomas released a song called 'Lonely No More'... at that time he had short hair. Maybe you could try the short hair look, here's the music video for 'Lonely No More'. Combine that with some good gym time and you'll look more masculine. Also, just saw your comment about your voice in the sets that you did...I wouldn't worry about it, it's fine. You got a cool voice, it's got a depth to it that isn't present in whiny AFC voices. You don't have to go all Barry White and have a subwoofer for vocal cords in order to get female attention.

Rubato said:
Also, to EVERYONE else.

One important thing to take note of here is that you will NOT make ANY progress if you do not get off your butts and GO out and DO something. Reading Pook and all these other articles is great. Thinking about what you're going to do, well, some would say that's good, others would say it will just shoot up approach anxiety. Whatever. None of that matters. I would actually say the reading is IRRELEVANT if you don't go out and do the exercises!...

...So this is not me trying to be some jerk talking all high and mighty and giving everyone a hard time because they aren't posting pictures of themselves and wiring themselves up when they go out. I don't care what you do. I want you all to be inspired enough to do more than dream about what could be and take action to, as Pook said, unite dream and day! You will not fully realize the lessons contained within the pages of those essays until you actually go out and EXPERIENCE what they are talking about.

So JonJaper, and everyone else... I want to start hearing some progress about actual field experience. We gotta get 40 in this week... If you wait till Friday or Saturday, this is going to be much harder. Last night, from the time I turned my mic on till I turned it off, I had recorded 1 hour and 15 minutes. That did not include drive time. I had about 2 hours and 20 minutes invested in last night. my goal has been 10 each day, Mon-Fri but I'll probs have to modify that with my finals schedule. Just don't go out with your parents!!!! hahahahahahaha
Totally agree with you, reinforces the Laziness = Masturbation article.

I'm hitting dat dere gym tomorrow, Thursday and Friday, I'm also taking a train journey back to university on Saturday and will go to a supermarket (and maybe a shopping mall) on Sunday. Those will be opportunities to strike conversations with people (the train journey is fairly long, so a girl sitting next to me = Winning!).

So expect updates from me soon, you heard it here first.

Last edited:

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sofomore said:
It doesn't have to be all in one hour. That's just if you have a really busy schedule and still can't find time to complete the exercise. When you see that you have an hour free in your schedule, head out to the local mall.
Ok, I'm just going to paste together my 2 minutes, and 6 minutes and 3 minutes etc. of spare time that I have here and there to do this. I probably won't be able to spend a solid hour on this.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe its just me but after today's experience I'm starting to think my society is a really cold one.

I went out with the mentality of getting rejections (Don't ask me how but it gives me motivation lol). Here are my results so far:

50 yr old lady: Made eye contact, she looked away immediately after noticing me. No chance to say hi or smile.

Some guy: Looking down all the way, past by without eye contact

European HB 7: Made solid eye contact, smiled and said hi, albeit a weak one.

HB 6: Looked away immediately after she noticed me.

2 set girls: Fault on my part, low self esteem got to me and I let them past.

At the gym:

Made small conversation with a dude at the gym while working in with him.
Rest of the dudes were either too engrossed in their workout or looked away after I tried to make eye contact.

Attempts: 7
Success: 2

It bothers me alot that my only success came from someone who is not local here. Must be how society nutured us to be closed off individuals. Although through the 1st attempt I felt kinda nervous at first but once it was over I felt a surge of excitement to continue on to the next attempt.

Have to work on establishing a confident 'Hi'. Mine goes all high pitched at the end. Lol.

Heading out to a local store soon to get a foodscale after some rest. More to come later on.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Konada don't overthink/take this $hit personally. I know how bad it is because I used to take $hit personally and overanalyse when things didn't go my way (I still do this to some extent). It's not worth it, it does way more harm than good.

Search Youtube for simple pickup. Watch how these guys just don't give a $hit, the things they say and the way they approach girls shows they have balls. Screw what society thinks. I think you in particular need to stop caring so much about other people.

I'm sure you've heard loads of people tell you that the world isn't as cold as you think it is, and I would agree with those people...but heck, even if the world is bleak and society is cold...SO WHAT?! Who gives a crap? You focus on yourself and none of that other stuff matters.

Also...don't count conversations with dudes. If you're like me, conversations with dudes = comfort zone. Conversations with women = breaking out of the comfort zone. But I'm not afraid of breaking out of my comfort zone, you shouldn't be either.

I'm gonna hit the gym in a couple of hours, once I'm back I'll let you guys know how my approaches went.

Instead of dreading it, I'm actually looking forward to it, I think it will be fun! I encourage everyone on the bootcamp to take a positive attitude to approaches. Don't think about success/rejection, but just go to have fun.

There's a UG 2 receptionist who is fat (MAN THE HARPOONS!!!), ironic as she's working at a gym LOL... but I'm sure there will be some HBs in spandex on the treadmills, boobies bouncing as they run... mmmmmmm...:yes:

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JonJaper said:
Konada don't overthink/take this $hit personally. I know how bad it is because I used to take $hit personally and overanalyse when things didn't go my way (I still do this to some extent). It's not worth it, it does way more harm than good.

Search Youtube for simple pickup. Watch how these guys just don't give a $hit, the things they say and the way they approach girls shows they have balls. Screw what society thinks. I think you in particular need to stop caring so much about other people.

I'm sure you've heard loads of people tell you that the world isn't as cold as you think it is, and I would agree with those people...but heck, even if the world is bleak and society is cold...SO WHAT?! Who gives a crap? You focus on yourself and none of that other stuff matters.

Also...don't count conversations with dudes. If you're like me, conversations with dudes = comfort zone. Conversations with women = breaking out of the comfort zone. But I'm not afraid of breaking out of my comfort zone, you shouldn't be either.

I'm gonna hit the gym in a couple of hours, once I'm back I'll let you guys know how my approaches went.

Instead of dreading it, I'm actually looking forward to it, I think it will be fun! I encourage everyone on the bootcamp to take a positive attitude to approaches. Don't think about success/rejection, but just go to have fun.

There's a UG 2 receptionist who is fat, ironic as she's working at a gym LOL... but I'm sure there will be some HBs in spandex on the treadmills, boobies bouncing as they run... mmmmmmm...:yes:
You're right. Thanks bro, I needed that wakeup call!

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK...as promised, here's my update.

Hit the gym today. The gym is slightly more difficult for approaches than other public places, some people have body image issues and find it intimidating and aren't so approachable, especially when they are busy doing an exercise. Plus the gym wasn't packed with people. That's good for working out because machines and free weights aren't crowded, but not good when you are trying to approach. Also, when I'm at the gym, I'm there to have a good workout and build muscle, not flirt. I want to try and focus 100% on my exercises.

Nevertheless, I went for it. Without counting interactions with the dudes...I made eye contact with every woman that I walked past. That was a grand total of...6 lol. Cut me some slack though, the gym was fairly empty! Plus UG 2 receptionist wasn't on duty today.

Now prepare to laugh at what happened next. I saw 2 girls working out on some machines, both 5.5 out of 10, one was wearing a pink top and one was wearing a blue top. Not hot by any standards, but still I thought, hey, it's practice after all. I wasn't working on those machines and I wanted to focus on my workout so I didn't bother going out of my way to talk to them. However, I went for the water cooler and they were in my path, so I made eye contact and smiled at the pink top girl and said hi. She smiled back and said hi.

I unintentionally attract attention because I go at 100% intensity so I end up screaming and grunting, yelling "COME ON!!!" in the middle of a set etc. Yes, I'm one of those guys. Plus I was wearing jogging pants that were really tight...I've had them for years, they were loose fitting not so long ago but I guess because I've been hitting the gym hard recently, my thighs have bulked up so they were really tight and my junk was on display LOL.

So both those things may have contributed to the eye contact. Hey, if it works, it works LOL.

So...back to what happened... after I finish a set of squats, I notice the girls come closer and use a machine nearer to me. Once they finish, both of them are looking at me, and I hear the girl in the blue top saying "Ah, come on, just go talk to him!" and she pushes the girl in the pink top towards me. The girl in the pink top giggles and moves away.

I then say "Haha, don't be shy, I don't bite!".... they both giggle and walk away. I was like "ahh come on, really?! HAHA" as they walked away.

Note that I did not take it personally.

I never thought "OMG what b!tches / maybe she's on her period/ there must be something wrong with me / society is so bad man, what a cold, cold world we live in" etc... I just had fun and laughed.

Later on, the girl in the pink top smiles at me while I'm on a leg curl machine as they walk towards the water cooler. I hear them talking about something that happened in school today.

I thought : WAIT...SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED IN SCHOOL?!! I then realise the horrible truth...

High school seniors!! They were jailbait!! OH GOD WHY... LOL.

Meh...I laughed to myself and carried on with my workout + eye contact + smiling.

Outside the gym, I got a smile and a "Hi" from a woman with her kid LOL. I didn't give a crap that I was totally checking out a MILF infront of her little son.

Last edited:

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This looks like a really good idea, especially for newbies. I'd like to try out one of these bootcamps. It's certainly way more affordable than anything else out there. I'm sure that I won't have time to get through all of the reading materials though, with finals and the holidays coming up soon. I'm down for a January bootcamp!