A Recipe For Your Wife/Girfriend/Date

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright guys. No Betty Crocker jokes ok? I'm gonna give you a recipe that you can't mess up should you wish to cook for your gal. It's always a hit. It's a seafood recipe. I don't have a name for it, so make up your own. Gitcha a clam pot if you have one. A regular medium sized pot will do. Put in 1/2 bottle of white wine, 2 teaspoonfuls of flour, 2-3 tablespoonfuls of minced garlic and a handful of chopped green onions. You'll need to add water to adjust after you add the other sh*t. At this point, start heating it up on low but a bit more toward medium. Throw in a nice piece of seabass, red snapper or whatever other fish you want and let simmer, usually for about an hour or a little longer. Sometimes, you can cook the fish a bit before you throw it in the pot (helps speed things up). Then, here is the key. Once the fish is cooked, throw in about 2lbs of steamer clams. In about 10-15 minutes, the clams will pop open and yer there. Serve the fish hot on a plate along with some of the clams. Make sure to pour some of the juice on the fish and clams while on the plate. Hints.....be liberal with the garlic and onions. The flour will keep it all from being runny. Stir every 10-15 min. Tabasco or other hot sauce for the clams would be optional. Serve white wine or cold beer with the meal. Ceasar salad and french fried onions are good side dishes. A little expensive but well worth it. Don't any of you hit me with any "where's your apron 5string"! And NO, my wife does most of the cooking at my house! This recipe will serve two people nicely. Enjoy fellas.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Why the hell would I do that? I enjoy cooking. Most women I meet pay Ronald to do the cooking.

Anyway, this sounds good and I'm gonna try it come payday.
Yep. It'll run you about 20 dollars. Maybe a little more if you put cooked shrimp or other stuff in there. I actually enjoy cooking as well, although I don't do it as much as I did when single obviously. Pretty lucky though. Most days when I come home from work, the wife unit has dinner already on. I give her a break every now and then, and will cook something for her or take her out.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I need an American man to take care of me. I swear I would go gay in America. You guys also wear panties?

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:
I need an American man to take care of me. I swear I would go gay in America. You guys also wear panties?
Uh...cooking attacks your manhood enough...to turn you gay?!?

Wow, I'm glad I don't live in your weak country. Sounds like men there might be a little shakey in the knees. :)

5String, trying this recipe tonight! Thanks, in advance, this sounds fantastic.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest, I wish there were more cooking threads in here.
I absolutely love to cook... and sadly, I am probably one of the few Puerto Ricans left carrying on the traditional banner of our food on into the next generation.

Sadly, I'm not too much into seafood.

But I'm always looking for new ways to do chicken.
And I'm still working on nailing that BBQ Sauce from TGIF's.

And another thing is, I'd say that 75% of the stuff I make involves rice and beans, but I'm always up for trying new things. What most people don't understand though is that sometimes having the proper cooking equipment is INDEED essential to the preparation of the food.

And I'm glad I don't need to depend on a woman to get fed. And it'll also help on that day that I finally open my own restaurant.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Uh...cooking attacks your manhood enough...to turn you gay?!?

Wow, I'm glad I don't live in your weak country. Sounds like men there might be a little shakey in the knees. :)

5String, trying this recipe tonight! Thanks, in advance, this sounds fantastic.
Let me know how it turned out buddy. I have other recipes if you need more. Big on chicken and stuff in the crockpot. It's all things that you can't screw up. And for those who think cooking is gay, and those who do wear panties..... kiss off. Think I'll start wearing panties when I hunt, flyfish and play hockey. Might give me a little extra juju.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigJimbo said:

Lol do me a favor and get some of your women over the US so I can actually find a few that know how to cook !

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5string said:
Let me know how it turned out buddy. I have other recipes if you need more. Big on chicken and stuff in the crockpot. It's all things that you can't screw up. And for those who think cooking is gay, and those who do wear panties..... kiss off. Think I'll start wearing panties when I hunt, flyfish and play hockey. Might give me a little extra juju.
Hey 5string, it turned out great. I loved it, so did she, great recipe...and I've never been good at cooking fish.

Thanks for sharing it.

A couple of glasses of wine, started a movie. Got 15 minutes into it the movie, that's it....the rest was history. :) Made for a great night.

Two thumbs up on this recipe.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing that always concerns me is that if I cook a meal for a girl, I have set a precedent and she might feel less inclined to cook for me. One thing's for sure, I'm old-school when it comes to that... I would only be interested in a woman who has a real desire to cook for me. 5, you already have an established pattern with your wife, so you can break that pattern with no worries, but with a new(ish) girl I wonder if I'd be weakiening her desire to cook for me regularly.

BTW, thinking of you hunting in panties made me throw up in my mouth a little. ;)

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Recipe Chef W!!!

I'll definitely try this recipe in a couple weeks with one of my main chicks. Girls don't know what to do when they figure their man can actually cook.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any body here know any good recipes for fried rice?

Chop some onions fry them in oil, add rice, sprinkle a generous amount of bbq spice and maybe a little balsamic vinegar. Quick and delicious. (rice obviously needs to be cooked before hand lol)

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PrettyBoyAJ said:
Good Recipe Chef W!!!

I'll definitely try this recipe in a couple weeks with one of my main chicks. Girls don't know what to do when they figure their man can actually cook.
It get's 'em wet AJ. Trust me. I've been around a time or two.

Once a woman sees you can do things such as cook, fix cars, replace light fixtures or whatever, it always impresses them. And I don't mean to hammer on the younger generations, but you guys need to learn this stuff. I have had more than one younger woman tell me that guys her age no of nothing other than an x box and a hard pecker. Basically, they can't find their a$$ with both hands and a search light. Don't discount this. Basic DJ stuff.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
The thing that always concerns me is that if I cook a meal for a girl, I have set a precedent and she might feel less inclined to cook for me. One thing's for sure, I'm old-school when it comes to that... I would only be interested in a woman who has a real desire to cook for me. 5, you already have an established pattern with your wife, so you can break that pattern with no worries, but with a new(ish) girl I wonder if I'd be weakiening her desire to cook for me regularly.

BTW, thinking of you hunting in panties made me throw up in my mouth a little. ;)
What's even scarier is playing hockey in a silk man thong. :D