Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How should I ask a girl out through facebook?

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I know it's really lame, but read through and you'll see why I want to do this.

Today I met a girl that used to go to my high school (that I have on facebook, even though I was never friends with her) in the metro, we started talking together and catching up, but she had to eject suddenly from the metro and rush towards the other one that was about to leave, and so did I to another one, so I didn't really get a chance to ask her out.

I was thinking of trying through facebook, how should I go about this?

Mr.Freestyler19

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont think it would work
just cuz u talked to her doesnt mean she would go out with u................but if u want to try just be like
you we dont talk much
her ........
you we should catch up and get to know better

thts wat i would do

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or...

You: Nice talking to you the other day, we should go out for drinks sometime.
Her: Sure that sounds very exciting!

nothing is guaranteed but you can't win if you don't try.

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dannyrt34 said:
Or...

You: Nice talking to you the other day, we should go out for drinks sometime.
Her: Sure that sounds very exciting!

nothing is guaranteed but you can't win if you don't try.
thanks, that's what I needed, a good way to introduce the idea, and like you said, worse that can happen is no answer, God that would be awful!

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"drinks sometime" is so open-ended. Thats not even asking her out it just sounds like a nicety.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shivastorm_88 said:
thanks, that's what I needed, a good way to introduce the idea, and like you said, worse that can happen is no answer, God that would be awful!
Um, why would it be awful?
Afraid of getting rejected?

BTW, what Forty said is CORRECT.

Don't say SOMETIME.

You're a MAN. LEAD.

You say an EXACT day that you are wanting to go out with her.

You: Nice talking to you the other day, I'm going to be going to (Insert place here) on (Insert specific day). You should come out with me.

Dunno if that's the exact wording I'd use, but it's specific and to the point.
And if she doesn't respond... SO WHAT. You move on to the next girl that you want to take out.

Rejection > Regret

EDIT: JLay makes the point down at the bottom about getting her number on Facebook and THEN asking her out through the PHONE. That's exactly what you need to do.

In$tinct

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:

Don't say SOMETIME.

You're a MAN. LEAD.

You: Nice talking to you the other day, I'm going to be going to (Insert place here) on (Insert specific day). You should come out with me.

And if she doesn't respond... SO WHAT. You move on to the next girl that you want to take out.

Rejection > Regret
You are on a role this morning, K. Keep it up!

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do this, but do it soon. This is one of those things you have to do soon otherwise it won't work. Get on Facebook chat with her and talk/flirt as if you were having a text convo, get her number quick, then pull out. Then just go from there as normal.

Don't "ask her out" over Facebook. Get the number. Then set something up over the phone.

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:

Don't say SOMETIME.

You're a MAN. LEAD.

Rejection > Regret

EDIT: JLay makes the point down at the bottom about getting her number on Facebook and THEN asking her out through the PHONE. That's exactly what you need to do.
I was sarcastic :cool:

thanks for the tips guys, we'll see what will happen from here on

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shivastorm_88 said:
I was thinking of trying through facebook, how should I go about this?
don't, girls don't like it. I've done it once, and later on the girl told me that's one of the reasons she said no.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scion said:
don't, girls don't like it. I've done it once, and later on the girl told me that's one of the reasons she said no.
It depends entirely on the girl, and how you go about it. Besides, he has nothing to lose, so why not?

Also, just asking for the number instead of setting up the date over FB is somewhat of a workaround to this, which is why it's much more successful.

thecurtainfalls

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Avoid vague date requests at all costs!!!!! "We should go out sometime", "Let's get drinks one time", these are horrible weak ways of showing your interest! Like Kailex says, you need to LEAD the interaction and have a firm plan or date in mind. I can tell you 100% from in-field experience that it is a mega turn-off to throw out those vague date requests. It sounds like a veiled plea for acceptance/interest when you don't have a real plan in mind.

Yeah OK

Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
Don't "ask her out" over Facebook. Get the number. Then set something up over the phone.
I'm shocked JLay87 was the only one in the thread to say this.

Asking a girl out over Facebook is generally NEVER a good idea. Send her a message asking for her phone number... doesn't need to be anything fancy either, keep it simple and no more than 2 sentences.

"Hey our catch-up conversation got cut short by the metro just when it was getting really good.. what's your phone number?"

She will give you the phone number. When she does, call her two days after she gives it to you and ask her out by phone.

This simple method has NEVER failed me.

In$tinct

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to toss this out there for discussion… I personally do not use Facebook for anything other than friends and family. I have pictures of my sons and I, basically all sorts of things that are not any of a targets business. (At-least at first) I dont accept friend requests from plates even. If they a girl initiates contact that I already know from College or HS… That’s a different story.

Wowza… Sorry about the ramble > My question is this: What about the girls that already have their number on their profile?