Why are men not sueing MTV and VH1?

Reaction score
While MTV has a show degrading men called "Is She Really Going Out With Him?", VH1 has an equally degrading show towards men called "Tool Academy".

In each case, they show confident men who do as they please, have fun with life, and live their life how THEY wanna live it......BUT.......they all have girlfriends who "hate the kind of guy the he is and want to change him for the better".

hold up hold up hooooooooooooooold up...........you mean to tell me someone is holding a gun up to their head and making them want to be with these men? Anyway, the fact that these women are shallow and borderline moronic for wanting to be with "such bad guys" is never brought up on these shows.

Bottom line is, these shows are teaching boys who watch them that they need to change into obedient pvssies in order to please women, and I feel that is SLANDER and PROPAGANDA against the idea of being a real man

Why has no one sued MTV or VH1 yet for offensive slander towards men? If women were made to look the same way, these shows would be pulled off the air right away.

Do we, as men, have a good case against MTV and VH1 if we were to ever file a lawsuit?

OFWHAP

Don Juan
Reaction score
When did men become so f'in sensitive? I think these shows are hilarious. And yes there are female versions of this show. Ever seen Rock of Love, Tough Love, or Charm School? It's just TV.

Reaction score
I absolutely do not have a law background.....so is it possible to sue these stations for depicting men as objects that need to be controlled by their girlfriends?

And to the rest of you telling me to relax........this is exactly what has happened to the men of this country - men just sit there and ignore the obvious blatant messages in the media that promote men being weak and women being perfect angels who should be able to control men.

Being passive as men, is exactly the way to give up all of our power as a whole when it comes to the dating game - I as a man have every right to state my disgust with the shows the media has on the popular channels which millions of teenagers (aka future men and women in the next 5-10 years) get fully exposed to, and have perverted ideas ingrained in their minds.

I am amazed that most of you guys here choose to shame ME for giving a fvck, instead of being with me on this.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't watched MTV since Carson Daly hosted TRL...

Why is a grown man watching anything on MTV?

Reaction score
Maxtro said:
I haven't watched MTV since Carson Daly hosted TRL...

Why is a grown man watching anything on MTV?
Why do you care what I watch? How bout you comment with your ideas on the point in the thread that I presented - that women CHOOSE to be with men that are confident bad boys who know what they want and who they are, and these same women try to change them into pvssies.........and in the meantime, the media GLORIFIES these women and DEMONIZES these men, while the future men and women of this country watch this and get their minds polluted.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
because i haven't watched mtv in years. I'm aware of these shows from people talking but I don't watch reality dating crap

because it's less competition for me

because the men's movement is a joke..those guys reek of beta/chumpness

because whining crying and lawsuits just seem lame and womanly

because it's a fake tv show aimed at the fantasies of young women (domesticating a bad boy)

because we aren't feminist who whine until the world does what we want, we are men who become what we want to be and inspire other men to be like us.

because men lead and win through action, not propaganda and political correctness

because it's dirty and thankless work unplugging chumps from the matrix (thanks rollo)

because once you see the matrix, you can navigate through it

and basically because we really don't give a sh1t, it's not my job to control what sort of man you are or become, and if you go on these shows and become a complete tame pvssy, that's your fault. You are responsible for who you are in this life and what you become.

Good luck.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rescue Mission said:
Why do you care what I watch? How bout you comment with your ideas on the point in the thread that I presented - that women CHOOSE to be with men that are confident bad boys who know what they want and who they are, and these same women try to change them into pvssies.........and in the meantime, the media GLORIFIES these women and DEMONIZES these men, while the future men and women of this country watch this and get their minds polluted.
I can't really comment on a show I've never watched.

So I choose to comment on the other issue in the thread, which I admit there wasn't much point in doing so.

Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
because i haven't watched mtv in years. I'm aware of these shows from people talking but I don't watch reality dating crap

because it's less competition for me

because the men's movement is a joke..those guys reek of beta/chumpness

because whining crying and lawsuits just seem lame and womanly

because it's a fake tv show aimed at the fantasies of young women (domesticating a bad boy)

because we aren't feminist who whine until the world does what we want, we are men who become what we want to be and inspire other men to be like us.

because men lead and win through action, not propaganda and political correctness

because it's dirty and thankless work unplugging chumps from the matrix (thanks rollo)

because once you see the matrix, you can navigate through it

and basically because we really don't give a sh1t, it's not my job to control what sort of man you are or become, and if you go on these shows and become a complete tame pvssy, that's your fault. You are responsible for who you are in this life and what you become.

Good luck.

all good points!

but do you not realize that because of shows like this and this kind of brainwashing, women as a whole become harder and harder to deal with and take seriously.....in fact many men feel this now, because many women try to control men and change men, and if the men say "nah nah no way you can change me or control me", the woman ends up leaving and trying to find a guy who could be a better pvssy for her

The end result in all of this is what you see already - very high divorce rate, an even higher "unhappily married" rate, and OVERALL, relationships with women are becoming less and less satisfactory.

And then I see these kind of shows on the MOST POPULAR channels for teens, and this is the shyt they are watching and growing up with.

If you think everything is not tied together (shows like this, teach teenagers to be weak men and listen to women, downfall of the family unit, super high divorce rate, radical feminism), then you are just ignorant to the world around you.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok go picket outside MTV every day with a sign that says stop making fun of men.

if it works, we'll join

Reaction score
Amazing said:
Ok go picket outside MTV every day with a sign that says stop making fun of men.

if it works, we'll join

Once again......this is the attitude that men have had ever since the feminist movement, one of passivity and ridiculing their fellow man........and the end result is the majority of men are pvssies, and nobody even cares!!!

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rescue Mission said:
all good points!

but do you not realize that because of shows like this and this kind of brainwashing, women as a whole become harder and harder to deal with and take seriously.....in fact many men feel this now, because many women try to control men and change men, and if the men say "nah nah no way you can change me or control me", the woman ends up leaving and trying to find a guy who could be a better pvssy for her

The end result in all of this is what you see already - very high divorce rate, an even higher "unhappily married" rate, and OVERALL, relationships with women are becoming less and less satisfactory.

And then I see these kind of shows on the MOST POPULAR channels for teens, and this is the shyt they are watching and growing up with.

If you think everything is not tied together (shows like this, teach teenagers to be weak men and listen to women, downfall of the family unit, super high divorce rate, radical feminism), then you are just ignorant to the world around you.
I understand. In fact I overstand. But fighting against that monster using it's tools are gonna help you win how? That monster of which you speak, the matrix, the feminist mindset, the divorce rate and anti male court system and unhappy marriage..can't be defeated by men by just marching, begging or suing. You are the enemy, and even more so if you are a white male, all things are your fault, there is no sympathy for the devil. I don't know the exit strategy....but i do know this....more and more men understand the problem if not the solution. What is happening is more men are opting out of marriage, more and more men are learning game to get what they want from women. And more women are becoming unsatisfied and growing old and questioning if they have done the right thing or not.

Articles like this that have been all over the internet, blogs, feminist sites and mens sites are signaling that something is bubbling up...
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2008/03/marry-him/6651/

Some men think it's going to take a generation or two for all of this to change. It's going to take women seeing the error of their ways and teaching their daughters what they learned the hard way. And it's going to take men being men and teaching their sons the truth, responsibility and game. Or bringing Islam to this country (hell no!)

So are you in it for the long haul or do you just want to ban some show that you don't like...because guess what? It's a million shows out there.

Your only other option besides game or lawsuits is to start an ACLU for men's rights in the media and try to get funding and press. What will YOU do?

*edit*

BTW. Check out some Roisy in DC and RooshV I think you would like them.

http://roissy.wordpress.com/

http://www.rooshv.com/

Johnny_Kage

Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA

It sounds like you just took a feminist studies class in college....and you are NOT pleased with what you learned. :p

The reason why men are sh!tted on these days is because of the oversensitivity caused by the oppression of women in the past. It's true too. Women had it bad (but nearly as bad as black people...but that's a whole other issue). As our society "progresses," it seems like men are getting sh!tted one, but are we really?

We still make more than women doing the same job. People take us more seriously in leadership positions. Many places in the world still look down on women.

Plus, we don't have periods or babies, we tend to be more rational than emotional, people care more about our personalities than our looks (thus, we could change ourselves without spending tons of money....and have great results).

If women get these TV shows and this apparent image in today's society, I say let's give it to them. They're getting screwed everywhere else. ;)

JK

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Johnny_Kage said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA

It sounds like you just took a feminist studies class in college....and you are NOT pleased with what you learned. :p

The reason why men are sh!tted on these days is because of the oversensitivity caused by the oppression of women in the past. It's true too. Women had it bad (but nearly as bad as black people...but that's a whole other issue). As our society "progresses," it seems like men are getting sh!tted one, but are we really?

We still make more than women doing the same job. People take us more seriously in leadership positions. Many places in the world still look down on women.

Plus, we don't have periods or babies, we tend to be more rational than emotional, people care more about our personalities than our looks (thus, we could change ourselves without spending tons of money....and have great results).

If women get these TV shows and this apparent image in today's society, I say let's give it to them. They're getting screwed everywhere else. ;)

JK
traitor.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Johnny_Kage said:
We still make more than women doing the same job.
Two or more people with the same job aren't necessarily entitled to the same pay. Outside of luck and/or networking through friends/family, most people will reach a certain amount of income that matches their competency. This includes taking the initiative and risk of "shopping" around for employers willing to pay you what you feel you're worth.

I'm not saying there isn't discrimination out there, but I doubt there are many women out there who are performing either on par or better than their male counterparts who are underpaid. I've been around women in their favorite positions (management) and not one of them has ever impressed me in their performance, in fact, they were a huge headache.

OFWHAP

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read that the main factor in differing pay for males and females with the same job came from the fact that males are typically more flexible with their schedules than females. Usually the males are more willing to work longer hours, work during weekends, travel, entertain clients after hours, etc.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IF women were ACTUALLY paid less than men for the same job, it would be to my competative advantage to hire women instead of men. I'd be able to save 30% on salaries or about 6-10% total expenses. Do YOU know ANY fortune 500 company entirely made up of women? OF course not, it's just feminist/media BS and you fell for it.[other than mary K]

ALl we can do is write the advertisers of these shows and boycott them. IF it hurts, they'll listen.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
... And which gender is still expected to pay for everything??????