GF Sometimes Take a Long Time to Reply My SMS

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I get impatient if my GF take a long time before replying my SMS. What would you do if your GF takes a long time (about an hour) to reply to one of your text messages? Act cool like nothing's happened? Reply back after a long time too? Or ask her why she did that?

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the real question should be why does it bother you?

1 hour is fine i think, if its urgent, call....

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
texting is pretty much for girls. Isolated exceptions aside - there was one guy on here who is hearing impaired and did well communicating via text - you should not be texting back and forth.

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sav said:
the real question should be why does it bother you?

1 hour is fine i think, if its urgent, call....
because usually we reply each other every 5 minutes or so. 1 hour is too much and it's as if she doesn't respect me.

Reaction score
That's the risk we take when using text message. If they don't reply, we're screwed. Don't go texting her again asking why she didn't reply. What did you say in the last message you sent her?

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
texting is pretty much for girls. Isolated exceptions aside - there was one guy on here who is hearing impaired and did well communicating via text - you should not be texting back and forth.
judging by your signature, i predict that you'd reply back to her after an hour also, eh?

In Motion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in the same situation with a really unexperienced girl (she wasnt my GF but she had a crush on me), anyways she took a long time to answer because she was getting help from a friend. :)

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fela Kuti said:
because usually we reply each other every 5 minutes or so. 1 hour is too much and it's as if she doesn't respect me.
wow, if chicks think the same way you do, i'd be screwed... (or would i?)

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Dam right!

"one hour is too long"- thats the most pussified answer I've ever heard in my life.
If your little world revolves around a sms reply for the whole hour, your really just drowning yourself in pathetic ism.

Don't you have something other to do. Sports, studying and hang with some real men?

stand

Banned
Reaction score
This thread reeks of AFC behavior.

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
What did you say in the last message you sent her?
It's not important to know, really. It could be serious or casual. Some of the reasons she takes a long time to reply are these:

1. She forgot. She's usually sorry for this.
2. She's with her friends. This kinda bug me. It's like her friends are the main priority.
3. We're having an argument. So it's some kind of a silent treatment.

And no, I rarely ask her why she didn't reply. I only ask, "what have you been doing?" or something like that.

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fela Kuti said:
It's not important to know, really. It could be serious or casual. Some of the reasons she takes a long time to reply are these:

1. She forgot. She's usually sorry for this.
2. She's with her friends. This kinda bug me. It's like her friends are the main priority.
3. We're having an argument. So it's some kind of a silent treatment.

And no, I rarely ask her why she didn't reply. I only ask, "what have you been doing?" or something like that.
Just stop..... this is just hurting my manhood. Stop being such a girl.

1. She forgot - who doesn't? Reminds me I have to reply my mothers text from last month, ****!

2. She's with her friends - Wow, she got a life! Where is yours?

3. We're having an argument - And sms'ing is gonna solve all that?

Since when did replying, sending or receive become any such of priority?

Reaction score
Texting sucks because when they don't reply it pisses you off. Ween yourself off that garbage asap.

Fela Kuti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, in my country text messaging is a widely used way to communicate with a significant other. So yeah, it's hard to stop that habit.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what is your country?
Don't think too much about slow response speed.
You don't have to respond to her texts either if you are busy.

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fela Kuti said:
Well, in my country text messaging is a widely used way to communicate with a significant other. So yeah, it's hard to stop that habit.
Thats seriously sad. As sad as (i hear) in Arabic countries little boys and girls have to use blue tooth to send messages to each other via Phone when in public places to try and hook up with each other anonymously.

Let me be honest, my sister is expect at text'in friends and family, all i get is texts from her, i don't remember the last time she ever called me. And her friends do it as well.

You know why (be honest here), cause its cheaper then calling. Your all cheap using a cheap method of communication, which is just sad!

I pity you. Do some maths here. for every 6 sms you send you probably could have made a one minute call. Save the 6 (worthless sms's anyway), call her which is far better then some text on a display screen.

Alphamale1821

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ZOMG my gf doesn't wait for my every text message and responded immediatly ZOMG it's the end of the world.................:cuss: :down: :moon: :kick:
I so wish the over analyzing would stop on this board. *sigh* for every 40 bad post thier is 1-2 good post.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fela Kuti said:
yeah, I admit I'm a recovering AFC.

You seem to be worried about what she is doing. Are you scared of her cheating on you? That is a bigger problem than any text message. Insecurity is the kiss of death. You have to not worry about what she is doing. Worrying is for women. Let her worry about you. And you have to really not care if she cheats - it's her loss for losing you, and then you simply replace her. But being insecure, jealous, needy and clingy - even though it is an attempt to keep her faithful - is actually the behavior that will make her most likely to cheat. Plus, why does it even matter that she responds? I have been with plenty of women who text another guy while in bed with me. They just leave that part out of the text.

Andromax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you text her to death so she gets tired of it. When I get several texts within an hour I don't feel like replying to them all. Not even close.

Limit your texting, reply to hers if you must, but text "convos" are lame, seriously. Only exception is when its flirty.

Reply to hers when its convenient, but if you have something important to talk about (important enough to warrant you being butt-hurt about not getting a prompt reply :rolleyes: ) then *gasp* call her.