Going to parties.

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
I worked hard all 4 years of high school, played music, had a close-knit group of friends, did my own thing, and basically had a pretty good time, only I didn't really do anything associated with the modern typical high school experience, IE go do crazy things, party, etc. Well now its second semester of my senior year, and all my hard work has payed off. I got into my dream school, with my dream major, and I'm totally stoked about that. So now I have about 7 months left of living here without really having to do anything before I go off to college. Its nice.

The guys at my school who party and stuff (I hate this term, but the "popular" ones) are all actually pretty chill. I'm on friendly terms with them, when I talk to them I'm funny and nice and all, so its not like I have to "win them over" or anything. They respect me cause they know I play guitar really well, we say "hey" to each other in the halls and stuff, but the only thing is that I'm not part of their main group and we never hang out outside of school. Its not like I'm a nerdy guy or anything, I just never got started.

Well I think now that its second semester its time to change all that. I want to go to parties, I want to hang out with these guys, I want to get chicks there, I want to socialize. I don't really have anything to worry about with school so why not? My question is, how do I go from being "the guy who plays music really well and does his own thing" to "the guy who plays music really well, does his own thing, and parties with us all the time"? I've never been to one, and I'm pretty much clueless, but I'm determined. What kinds of stuff should I say to them when I talk? How do I get invited to one of these parties? Its not that I don't have confidence in the outcome, I just don't know where to start. I'm essentially clueless.

I appreciate the help =)

ExcelNPrevail

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel you on this entirely.

It all changed when one of my friends invited me to a soccer game they where gonna play. We where talking about this in lunch, he decided not to skip that day to go out and eat during lunch with his other friends. We got into talking about soccer since it's his favorite sport, I mean I like the game but I dont have that consistency of playing it like some people do nowadays. The conversation went on about the location.Then it all ended with "Man you gotta see us play one day, its fcukin crazy!"I went and said to myself "Forget watching the game, I'mma play and score this s***". (I didn't score nothing lol) but none the less I played.After the game they invited me to some party they were gonna have the following week and its been on ever since.

Yeah.....I know what your thinking "Well whats the Fckin advice?"
(drum roll pease) Its....

Become genuiely interested in other peoples interests.

Write that on a paper, on a towel, take a picture of it, or crave it on stone because it is by far the best advice for a better social life.

Triple T

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i get invited to parties by just talking to people.

like asking them what they're doing this friday,
Person: "oh theres a party on over at _____'s house."
Trip: "oh yea? does _____ host good parties?"
Person: "yea they're pretty fun, you should come!"
Trip: "sure"

and then from there just have fun at the parties, and you'll get invited to many more. Just don't go too crazy man...bad stuff happens at parties.(guy got stabbed in the face with a hachet) at this one party i didn't go to. whew!

make sure you know whose hosting and their background(ganster, druggy or mature, responsible) cuz it'll show what kind of party they plan on throwing and what kind of ppl are going to be there.

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys at my school are the work hard/play hard types so everything should be alright.

Thanks for the replies.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who you go to the part with. Hell you could rock up with the nerdiest guys in town. As long as you socialize with everyone and don't just sit in one group.

I was like you guys not long ago, but now I'm a party animal. Getting to the first one is hardest, then it's all smooth sailing. Just ask around "hey what's on this weekend?" and talk in one or some of your friends to going with you.

Normally at a party everyone is welcoming and its a really good astmosphere. No one really judges you and everyone just wants to have a good time. Hell, most of the people are drunk.

Hmm hope that helps. Not really sure what to say. It really isn't that hard and you wont regret it ;)

Daddy The Pimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
listen man .. first u gotta invite them to a party ..

if u hear that a party is going on , just go tell em like HEY THERE'S
A PARTY TONIGHT .. ARE U COMING CUZ ITS GONNA BE GREAT .theyll think you as a cool guy and the will invite you to parties too .. Chicks for example use this sh!t everytime on me .. just to see if im social enough .

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo man if you're on chill terms with the "popular/party" kids then you could just have a conversation with them and tell them exactly what you told us.

You: Ay man, now that I finally got my school and all figured out, I feel like partying! Anything going on this weekend?
Them: Haha true that man, ________ is happenin... come along.

It's that easy. If you really are cool with them, they'll respect that you worked hard to get into a good school and will accept you going with them.

Other than that just start chillin with them more and more at lunch, outside of school, whenever. Genuinely become friends with them, and you'll be invited to everything they do.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
You have two options:

1.) Make a conscious effort to get in with them, be extra sociable with them, make an effort, like you may do with a girl you like. Then eventually an opening occurs at some point, grab it with both hands. Push for it. But you will then realise you are not really part of the group like the others are and differ in x, y and z. It just won't feel right as they bonded naturally.

2.) Just act normal, make equal effort to theirs, not get into their group or any openings and continue doing your own thing whatever that may be.

^^^ That comes from 4 years experience of trying and succeeding to getting into a given social group, then ditching it because it wasn't feeling natural as if you bonded without thinking about it / making a real effort. That's the reality I'm afraid.

MM

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call those guys up and say hey whats going on tonight where is the party at? Or when you see them at school ask them what their doing later. Invite some of them to your house to play video games or guitar. That's how I've always done it.

Heres an example:

Before I was old enough to drink I asked some of the older guys that I knew if they could get me beer. They said; "yeah sure man." So, I would pick them up; give em my money for beer. Then, I'd say something like: "Hey is it cool if I drink with y'all tonight." They would say yes, and we would just hang out and drink and do whatever. Just by doing that I made friends, a way to get beer, meet new people and found about partys.

frisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Best way to get invited to parties is to have parties simple as that