Thinking of taking a break from the game...

Reaction score
So yeah, this HB8 in the same class as I already has a boyfriend, and there's basically nothing I can do (from what I understand, she lives with him, and I don't know him). Anyway at that point, the most logical step would probably be to next her, I guess.

Except for the fact that the other girls in the group, well... they range from unattractive to outright stupid and unable to have a proper conversation, to the extent that no matter how hot they are (some of them look even better than that other girl), I just can't stand them.

Anyway, that HB8 and I kinda get along (she doesn't talk to a lot of people besides me, mainly for the reasons I stated above), but I may have messed up to an extent by giving her my notes so she could have all of the lessons (she arrived one month after the beginning of this semester). To be fair, I thought she really needed them, seeing how she's really serious about studying and given the fact that I was basically the only one to be reliable enough for that. The fact is, most of them either skip classes or don't get anything and can't take proper notes, and some others outright dislike her (she seems to be sort of upper-class and is more articulate than what you would expect from people around here, so she gets labeled as having a "bourgeois attitude" by some people ; personally, that's part of what I like about her).
Besides, I don't remember doing anything else that could have made me come off as needy.

I'm wondering if I wouldn't be better off accepting getting friendzoned (she never complains anyway), after all it's a lot of fun talking to her and getting to know her (also it's kinda rare not to be the only one thinking that we're surrounded by morons this semester :D ), and I could still use the time to work on myself (I've just started boxing and partly thanks to this chick, I'm more motivated to study even though my grades were already good. I think the same goes for her too, she is already hard-working, knows that I appreciate that and she seems to look up to me in that department).

I don't really know if I'm deluding myself into reverting to some sort of AFC, or maybe I just don't want drama or am tired of this... I know the decision will eventually be mine, but I'd like some input from people around here. Maybe I missed something.

Oh and thanks for reading the wall of text, I tried to make it bearable but that wasn't an easy task. :)

Last edited:

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont understand the question...... What is it YOU want? It seems to me you are starting to get oneitis for this one girl but that is from my perspective, what I think you should do is relax and stay calm dont be all over her when she needs something you are not her "Friend" yet plus your not an AFC. What I would do is just one day just ask her out and if she say's no then dont take it to hard she will see that her saying no to you didnt destroy your world and might see you as better as most of the other guy's she hangs out with. Good luck and good luck with the boxing.

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused actually. Might be oneitis except that I when I thought about nexting her, I had no problem with the idea until I took a look around, then I was like "...eww".
I could do without the awkward situation if she said but it's definitely not something that would destroy my world as you put it. That's why I was considering just being her friend as that might not hurt my feelings too much, and not bothering with other chicks in my class as I have no interest in them (seriously, I tried and gave them a chance and that was a headache-inducing experience :crazy: ).
At the same time, that would seem like just taking the easy route, and I'm not really comfortable with that when I look at it this way. That's what I meant when I mentioned reverting to an AFC.

Hah, being the "watch and learn" kind of guy that I am, I can't help wishing I could meet her boyfriend.

oneshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right. We ARE in the same boat...no new replies/advice for you since november 28, thats very, very encouraging for me and you :(
Oh... and if any of you out there happens to read this... check out this more coherent rehash of this same problem I'm experiencing and answer all the questions A thru D. Thank you. http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136012

DJ_Matthew

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't turn gay on us now. Just kidding.

I understand what your going through. I have some pretty stupid girls at my school and it's very frustrating trying to talk to them.

You don't have to game every girl you see and it's actually a good idea to befriend some girls.

I would focus on school. Then on weekends, go out to the mall, movies or any social place and meet women.