AIM profiles

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could get some opinions or feedback on this...

I know a girl who was in a LTR (her first I think) which recently ended. He broke it off with her I think. Anyway, her profile had sad country lyrics about missing him and broken relationships.

Probably four days later, I asked her if she wanted to get dinner. Her response was “I would love that”. I checked her profile before leaving my house and the lyrics were gone… it was blank (I’m guessing that’s a good thing)

So we went out and got dinner, which went alright by my standards. We had a real good time, I just wish I would have exhibited more D.J. qualities in retrospect. After the date a few hours later, she sent me an IM thanking me and saying she had a good time (with exclamation points).

When I went to check her profile, it had a quote saying that you decide your own fate and to just be happy (unfortunately I don’t have the exact quote). I’m trying not to over-speculate here but I feel like this is a pretty good sign regarding moving on (from the ex) and possibly our date. Any feedback?

Last edited:

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well atleast there wasn't any negative feedback from you guys... yet. I know not to read too much into it, but am I wrong to be atleast a little bit happy that the profile became positive?

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right, but you shouldn't base your judgement on virtual signs.
Just keep doing what you're doing man... be yourself and be interesting, and don't forget to make good use of some kino and C+F stuff.
Good luck!

PhatE1vis

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's a good sign that she changed her quote, but the change may not necessarily be only about you. The date was really good, made her feel better about the break up, and made her ready to move on.

The new quote is probably more about the situation than about a particular person (you). However, I think you can be a little happy about it; you were probably the impetus for that new feeling she has.

I'd continue with her like you would have otherwise, and not read to much into the quote change.

Nice job!

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! I have a feeling I was the impetus too, which seems to say good things about what she thought of our date. Unfortunately, we were both headed back to college (long-distance) in less then a week, so I didn't really have much time for a follow-up. I do plan on asking her out again, probably during the winter break, assuming we're both still single.

Does anyone else have any more feedback or suggestions regarding what I can do in the mean time?

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mctwist4 said:
I would say it's a good thing. Looking into things a little too much has fuc'ked me in the past though, so take it with a grain of salt.
You might just be the rebound guy that makes her feel *special*. :flowers:
You serve a very noble service to the community! Don't forget to congratulate yourself.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Play the Game said:
You might just be the rebound guy that makes her feel *special*. :flowers:
You serve a very noble service to the community! Don't forget to congratulate yourself.

Ahhh... someone had to come in and rain on the parade... :confused:

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm not gonna let one member spoil everything... anyone else got any feedback?