Do NOT get a girlfriend, if...

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
. . . you are unhappy with yourself.

I hate long winded posts, so I will make this short and sweet.

I have been reading for quite a bit of time on this website about people, who are unhappy with their relationships or need to play games to keep their girlfriend.

Stop and think about this. Answer these questions for me.
Are you happy with where you are in life?
If you are happy with yourself, than undoubtedly you got the hidden message of the website.
If you are unhappy with yourself, than you do not belong in a relationship. A relationship is only to add to your life, not take away.

If you are in one and you are unhappy with it and have low self-esteem than you are cheating yourself out of living a happy life. You need the time that is taken away by your girlfriend to be put toward upping your own self-esteem.

Just work on yourself. If you have high self-esteem, than games, tactics, and lines are a thing of the past because you can be yourself and they will come naturally. You will not need to think about it because you have just become a challenge and a prize.

We all know that women fight for the prize. If you want to become a prize, become happy with yourself. Forget about girls, girlfriends, or whatever. Just think about how well can I live life?

If I live the life to its fullest potential, than I will not want to live it again.

comic_relief

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

comic_relief

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, I have found out that if you need a girl in your life to be happy, you're on the wrong track.

Your life needs to be on track so that a woman can help you enjoy it.
Create the life that you want, so you can kill that desperation.
No neediness, no clinginess, no insecurities, no wondering "Does she like me?",
no wondering, no wishing, no hoping , dreaming, fantasizing.
Because, unfortunately for us, the Reality Factor states that simply these things you dream of will never come to pass if you and your life are not ready for it.

A woman rarely dives into a relationship with a man because He NEEDS Her.

A woman wants support, in turn, she will support you.
Sure, woman want to "fix" men, and relationships. But the men have to want to be fixed and have to want the relationship to work.
Love is about some compromise, don't be fooled. But..be in control of yourself, emotions, and your life.

This means you must be on your path, know yourself, know what you want, and be able to deal with love, romance, affection, and unhappiness, infidelity, and lying, and the possibility of having to leave a woman you love.

You can't do this well enough when you're not clear headed, and DON"T know what path you're on.

When you're unhappy, it is highly doubtful that an attractive, intelligent, and stable woman is going to run into your arms.
This is especially true when she doesn't really know you.
This is why it is so important ot have a LIFE.
A social network.
Know how to function in social environments.
Know how to talk to people.
Have goals, and ambitions.
Have desire and passion.
Know what happiness is.

Find out what you like, and what makes you happy.

Last edited:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's nice to see guy's who get it... :up:

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KillaPetehog said:
Basically I have found out that if you need a girl in your life to be happy, you WON'T get a girlfriend. Women can smell desperation.

This is so true.
And poor AFCs think they need to buy her gifts and do favors for women.

You know, I want to know.....
How the F***did this become "our" norm?

How did we, as Men, get to this Godawful place called AFCism?

And there are so many still lost, and in need of help, and blind and helpless.....

SiYuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
Basically, I have found out that if you need a girl in your life to be happy, you're on the wrong track.

Because, unfortunately for us, the Reality Factor states that simply these things you dream of will never come to pass if you and your life are not ready for it.

Sure, woman want to "fix" men, and relationships. But the men have to want to be fixed and have to want the relationship to work.
Love is about some compromise, don't be fooled. But..be in control of yourself, emotions, and your life.

This means you must be on your path, know yourself, know what you want, and be able to deal with love, romance, affection, and unhappiness, infidelity, and lying, and the possibility of having to leave a woman you love.

You can't do this well enough when you're not clear headed, and DON"T know what path you're on.

When you're unhappy, it is highly doubtful that an attractive, intelligent, and stable woman is going to run into your arms.
A social network.
Have desire and passion.
Know what happiness is.

I like this. Thanks

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:

A social network.
Have desire and passion.
Know what happiness is.

Excellent post man, especially the first line. I'm glad I realised this at a young age tbh. Nice one

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post, great thread!

I can confirm this was an issue with many of my failed relationships. I needed their validation, attention and reassurance because I wasn't confident enough in myself.

My current relationship is different. In fact, it's sometimes very difficult fitting her into my life.

Donsing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post, guys. Forget the girls, forget the strangers, forget the friends, forget the fellow workers, forget the family and just remmember yourself. Do not depend on anyone to give you happiness because those people will change, as the only thing constant in life is change. If your friend says screw you butthole then what happens, you get angry and even feel hurted. Why do you have this reaction? Answer that question and see what response you get.
I believe if you can enjoy yourself then circumstances, people, enviornment, etc can never disrupt your joy because you only choose to be hurted. Nobody can put you down except yourself. Well that's what I am creating more and more in my life. Also, I'm not telling you guys to be "loners." Have fun!:rockon: