Girls get approached all the time - POLL

How many times have you seen a girl get cold approached?

• 0-1

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • 2-5

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • 5-10

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • 10 or more

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I've seen it twice.

I was ordering food at Subway a few years ago, and the guy in line after me started chatting up the girl who was making his sandwich. He seemed like a "coffee house intellectual" type, she was a typical teeny bopper. He went straight for the kill, asking for her number and to a coffee "date." It didn't come off well at all, and he got shot down in an unusually snotty way. "Ugh, I have a BOYFRIEND!" or something along those lines.

The second time, a girl at a retail store that I used to work at was given a flower and hit on by some guy and his friend. The girl gushed and ate it up, but nothing ever came of it. She told me later that she didn't know them.

AudiTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
0 should be seperate from 1.

A lot of people have never seen it, they shouldn't
be grouped together with people who have seen it.
I have seen it once and I feel like I'm not getting
the recognition I deserve, I want to be set apart
from the people who have never experienced it,
I want my own category!

Life is so unfair...

-AudiTy =o

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have seen it over 30 times. Ive seen it a hell of alot where I live. Most times it would be in the lunchroom at school (middle, high and college *although not as much in college weird huh*), some guy would see a chick come in him and his friends go damnnnnnn or whatever and he just gets up and starts talking to her. I see it alot Im surprised to hear how u guys have barely seen any, must be lots of nervous guys around where you guys live. Of course Ive seen some of my own friends do it alot too but Im not counting them

Vanilla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's probably not so obvious to me, I can never tell if they've been friends for years or just introducing themselves.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
College campuses. That's where you see the cold approaches.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to say this but!!! I'm not all that great with talking to women but I approach women more than anybody I know and i also get shot down more

AudiTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chosen1 said:
I hate to say this but!!! I'm not all that great with talking to women but I approach women more than anybody I know and i also get shot down more
So you have more approach experience and should be learning faster. Approaching more women should also mean you get shot down more, there's no surprise there.

-AudiTy =o

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone who says less than 10 doesnt go out often enough.....and if they do....they need to open there eyes.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya... women get approached ALL THE TIME!!! The more attractive, the more likely they are to get approached...

I've dated a few women that told me about that they get approached about 5-20 times a day. Thing is, about those guys that approach, only a small percentage actually take the step and make a move.

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
Tomatoes said:
Anyone who says less than 10 doesnt go out often enough.....and if they do....they need to open there eyes.
I agree. If ever I go out with a group female friends, they often get approached. Even my girlfriend gets approached sometimes when I've turned my back.

But I see girls getting hit on all the time, in the street, the supermarket, cafes, bars and so on. It's mostly ****y pr*cks with wannabe gangsta attitudes who do the approaching and I've seen girls swearing at them and threatening to scream to get them to leave them alone! I've NEVER seen one of these guys ever get a positive response.

The only times I've seen any guy be successful is when they are charming and polite. In those cases I've even thought myself, "he seems like a decent guy".

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Truth said:
I agree. If ever I go out with a group female friends, they often get approached. Even my girlfriend gets approached sometimes when I've turned my back.

But I see girls getting hit on all the time, in the street, the supermarket, cafes, bars and so on. It's mostly ****y pr*cks with wannabe gangsta attitudes who do the approaching and I've seen girls swearing at them and threatening to scream to get them to leave them alone! I've NEVER seen one of these guys ever get a positive response.

The only times I've seen any guy be successful is when they are charming and polite. In those cases I've even thought myself, "he seems like a decent guy".

I have seen a few cold approaches made by proper DJs at work....I even brought one of them a drink once after he number closed and she went as I was impressed.

He basically went over to this girl. She rejected him major. I could hear the convo. I was thinking (That must have stung). But no....5 mins later he was back for more and he manged to get off with her and get her number.

I saw 2 guys hit a 3 set of 2 HB 9 and 1 HB 7. They left with all 3 of them. One guy (the wing) looking after 2 while his mate isolated the other HB 9.

Impressive.

AudiTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Truth said:

Lol! I know a guy who gets his fair share of sex with women,
he's hardly a DJ he's just very direct. But I remember one time
when another friend said to him "Go on then, let's see you get
that girls number". He walked over and started coming onto her
and she ended up shouting "FÚCK OFF!!!".

So yea, I guess that is NOT the right way to do things on a cold
approach. :whistle:

-AudiTy =o

Migel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've dated a few women that told me about that they get approached about 5-20 times a day.
It doesn't matter what they tell you. They also tell you that they have rich inner life and they don't care about looks. This topic is about what you have seen with YOUR OWN EYES.

The cold approach I saw once in my life on the bus was actually pretty funny. I could see the guy psyching up and getting up and sitting next to the girl. The few minutes they were talking was the most awkward situation I have ever seen. I felt embarassed by it! There wasn't even a conversation, the guy just asked 3 or 4 question and she mumbled sth. They were sitting in silence and then he asked if she wants to get out for a drink. She didn't want to. To be honest he looked like a psycho and I would never guess what would happen next. He repeated the question about 4 times and she AGREED to go out with him!
Now she's probably dead :), but it is a proof that you can have no game at all and just be persistent and you'll get the chick.

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
in a college situation, its a bit warmer, you're all students and well you can approach someone who you don't know but who may be in one of your classes. Cold approaches on the streets are non existent in Boston. The one public place I've had a bit of success is the T!

Phrost

Don Juan
Reaction score
AudiTy said:
0 should be seperate from 1.

A lot of people have never seen it, they shouldn't
be grouped together with people who have seen it.
I have seen it once and I feel like I'm not getting
the recognition I deserve, I want to be set apart
from the people who have never experienced it,
I want my own category!

Life is so unfair...

-AudiTy =o
Classic post

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok... I'll tell you what I've seen with my own eyes :

I was at the bar, and a friend of mine sees this girl that is fishing, and tells me : "You gotta go up to that girl before I do, cause I still have a gf." So I did.

We were sitting there talking when a guy walks up behind her and grabs her ass. I stared daggers into the guys eyes for about 5seconds without sying a word when he turns to me apologizes, then turns to her and apologizes before walking away. I went to the washroom, when I came back another guy was spitting game, but she turned him away when I walked back.

Then, while we were talking the fawking bouncer tried to spit game at her, I played my cool, and she came back, took her home that night.

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't normally get angry but for gods sake this is in a bar. The thread is about COLD APPROACHING. Saying that a hot girl gets approached in a bar is pointless.

So pimp its scary said:
ok... I'll tell you what I've seen with my own eyes :

I was at the bar, and a friend of mine sees this girl that is fishing, and tells me : "You gotta go up to that girl before I do, cause I still have a gf." So I did.

We were sitting there talking when a guy walks up behind her and grabs her ass. I stared daggers into the guys eyes for about 5seconds without sying a word when he turns to me apologizes, then turns to her and apologizes before walking away. I went to the washroom, when I came back another guy was spitting game, but she turned him away when I walked back.

Then, while we were talking the fawking bouncer tried to spit game at her, I played my cool, and she came back, took her home that night.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OMG there is no pleasing you.

Ok princess, do you count the times where I've been in the car and shouted at women? Or where I've been in the car and a different guy shouted something at a woman? How about the dozens of women that I've hit on everywhere? Does that count? Do you want me to tell you about guys I've seen hit on waitresses? or maybe at the beach, are you gonna count the guys I've seen hit on girls get hit on at the beach?

Or are you gonna cry about all of those cause they don't count for some reason?? Cause I don't want to offend our lil princess over here... I still hate to see a woman cry. maybe you should change your tampon, and we'll talk.

Migel

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I think we can come up with some conclusions.

Girls don't get picked up EVERYWHERE they go.
Cold approaching on streets or in shops is practically non-existent.
The ones that most of you guys have seen are probably (as stated by someone here) in warmer places like a college campus.

Myth busted.