Mall opener, any suggestions?

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm normally a club person. Such a place is where I do most of my pick-ups. I plan to start going to the mall for day time sarging. What suggestions do you all have to offer. What approach do you use?

--Amoka

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
1. Bring your cellphone...

2. Carrry a shopping bag.

3. Sarge Hired Guns...I usually explain I'm looking for men's watch

4. Ask for advice .
Pretend to be on the phone? Pretend to be out shopping? Pretend to need a gift? Pretend to want advice? Ugghhh. Doesn't lying to people so much make you sick to your stomach?!

You want a good opener? Try "Hey!" and a smile! Want something more elaborate? Try telling the TRUTH! "Hey, i just HONESTLY have to tell you something... i was walking back there and you REALLY caught my eye. I have NO idea what i'm supposed to say right now, but i just knew that if i didn't come up to you and say SOMETHING, i'd really regret it. So yea, hi! :) My name's Mike." Proceed to build rapport (ask what she's up to, get to know the "basics" etc), intermixed with attraciton (throw in some humor and C&F here and there, playful neghits, etc), then close. Boom.

garish

Reaction score
Krassus said:
Pretend to be on the phone? Pretend to be out shopping? Pretend to need a gift? Pretend to want advice? Ugghhh. Doesn't lying to people so much make you sick to your stomach?!

You want a good opener? Try "Hey!" and a smile! Want something more elaborate? Try telling the TRUTH! "Hey, i just HONESTLY have to tell you something... i was walking back there and you REALLY caught my eye. I have NO idea what i'm supposed to say right now, but i just knew that if i didn't come up to you and say SOMETHING, i'd really regret it. So yea, hi! :) My name's Mike." Proceed to build rapport (ask what she's up to, get to know the "basics" etc), intermixed with attraciton (throw in some humor and C&F here and there, playful neghits, etc), then close. Boom.
couldn't agree more!!

d2j

Don Juan
Reaction score
Krassus said:
"Hey, i just HONESTLY have to tell you something... i was walking back there and you REALLY caught my eye. I have NO idea what i'm supposed to say right now, but i just knew that if i didn't come up to you and say SOMETHING, i'd really regret it. So yea, hi! :) My name's Mike"
i couldnt imagine this would work..a HB would just think "yeah and your another loser"

Better than nothing though

BBX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
d2j said:
i couldnt imagine this would work..a HB would just think "yeah and your another loser"

field report it insted of f*cking guessing.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
It's not lieing; it's flirting.

One HUNDRED percent LYING. You can't argue this. Dude, if i had to walk around with a fake shopping bag and pretend to be talking on the phone to get laid, i'd rather get a hooker, cuz that's just humiliating.

I refuse to wield power to the target

You already have by walking around with a fake shopping bag :D

Back to the mall: Women will suspect a man

When a lion is hungry, he eats...

Compliment-opening a HB does not demonstrate higher value...it demonstrates neediness and desperation.

Only when coming from a low-value guy. To illustrate, imagine if Brad Pitt told her she's pretty. Would she think he's needy?

And, the next time you're at the mall and want to sarge the sexy Hired Gun at the jewelry store, try walking right in

Done that. I've even pointed out chicks i like to coworkers and had them go fetch em for me.

you're likely to get ****-blocked by a male associate

Regardless of what he says, shoot back "don't you wish you had the balls to do this too?" and he's gone. Not that i've ever had to do that, cuz this has never happened. If anything, other male workers will HELP me and cheer me on! It comes with the vibe, man. Your vibe says "we're AGAINST eachother," mine says "we're on the SAME team man!" I.e. i was downtown last week and saw a black guy literally chasing two gorgeous Asian women. He was having NO luck having them to even stop! What did i do? I stopped them for him, put my hand on his shoulder, and told them that this right here, is THE man in this city. Karma, baby!

when I'm nervous to approach, I find the cell-phone an invaluable tool...

When i'm nervous, i find courage to be an invaluable tool

Using your compliment method got me a countless number of "thank you"s, but when a women thanks you for complimenting, tha t usually means the convo is coming to a dead end.

You weren't doing it right. Perhaps you came off as supplicating. The compliment opener, if you choose to use it (it is one of MANY types of openers for direct/natural game), isn't supposed to come off as being the PURPOSE of your approach, but rather something you said (because you couldn't help it!) to a girl that you really wanted to get to know.
Answers in bold

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BBX said:
field report it insted of f*cking guessing.
i have
it works on hb 1-7s , 8+ you need the mystery method
youre also going to get a lot of numbers that are fake or the girl won't pick up doing that, because youre basically just saying hi then asking interview questions. any guy can do that and most guys do.

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Krassus said:
One HUNDRED percent LYING. You can't argue this. Dude, if i had to walk around with a fake shopping bag and pretend to be talking on the phone to get laid, i'd rather get a hooker, cuz that's just humiliating.
and AFCs find getting rejected by a girl humiliating. break out of the social matrix.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm. I guess everybody has his own way of dealing with the mall thing then.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've definitely got some solid answers, Krassus, but I honestly think you're missing the point: It's a GAME.

If this is a game, then what you're suggesting is cheating. It's the equivalent of chicks purposely not returning phone calls to make you more interested, etc. Men are better than that.

And games require flirting; and there is no lieing in flirting.

www.dictionary.com - look up the definition of flirting. What you were suggesting is NOT flirting, it is DECEPTION.

Basic Mystery Method principle: "it's not lieing; it's flirting."

Mystery has no character, and any man who aspires to become like him is in for SEVERE disappointment.

Are you a liar just because you dress up abnormally cool once or twice a week?

This analogy isn't even applicable for what you were using it for :)

At clubs, you may not like to dance, but if you like getting laid, you get in there anyway and ACT like you can dance..

Wouldn't know, i love dancing. How the hell can you not enjoy dancing with a girl?

In a mall, you act like you're supposed to be there.

In a mall, i act like i'm hanging out with my buddies and having a good time, which is PRECISELY what i'm doing.

You don't walk around the mall aimlessly complimenting women...

Do you seriously think that anybody cares? To her, you're just a guy who walked up to her. She has no IDEA why you're there, nor does she care. Do you care why SHE is there? Have you even ONCE looked at a girl and thought "Hmm, i wonder what SHE's here for today?"

The Hired Guns will sniff you out in no time...

What are you talking about? What's with all this paranoia? Dude, you're not a RAPIST! We're womanizers dammit, and women LOVE us! I befriend the mall workers and get them to HELP me pick up chicks! I'll just chill with them and shoot the sh1t, then approach whatever chicks pass by. They love me!

Rememeber that nothing turns a woman off faster than a man who appears to have no social life.

Very true, but if you've got style and a cool vibe, that's the LAST thing that chicks will ever think about you! If anything, approaching at the mall will make you look like a super-extroverted social butterfly.

Randomer

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no point in arguing... to each their own personal style, i've gotta agree with krassus though, his way is similar to mine and I think a lot of guys really do overcomplicate the whole male/female interaction

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dirtyvibe said:
i have
youre also going to get a lot of numbers that are fake or the girl won't pick up doing that, because youre basically just saying hi then asking interview questions. any guy can do that and most guys do.
Bud, the last time i tried to pick up a 7 i was still in high school :) I literally haven't approached one since. And for the record, i close more consistently than Mystery. He suceeds what, 30% of the time on single chicks after 15 minutes? I succeed 50%+ on hotter single chicks after 30 seconds.

d2j said:

I guess the fact that this is PRECISELY how i @closed an Asian import model (in 20 sec) two weeks ago doesn't matter? I then did the exact same thing with the next 3 single chicks i approached. The other 3 chicks i approached shot me down because um... their boyfriends were standing next to them. "Don't blame the method, blame the man."

dirtyvibe said:
and AFCs find getting rejected by a girl humiliating. break out of the social matrix.
Only if you have no self-esteem. Rejection is a NECESSARY part of learning.

mattb717

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm new to this and all, but isn't one of the first things all these Don Juan article writers usually say is that you have to ACT confident even if you aren't? You're pretending either way whether you have a cell phone or not in a lot of cases.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mattb717 said:
I'm new to this and all, but isn't one of the first things all these Don Juan article writers usually say is that you have to ACT confident even if you aren't? You're pretending either way whether you have a cell phone or not in a lot of cases.
PRETNEDING to be confident will make you LESS confident. The more you focus on confidence, the more you think about it, the LESS you feel it. You can ONLY be confident when the entire concept of confidence DISAPPEARS from your conscious thought. This can ONLY be achieved by persistently conquering your fears through ACTION. Walking around and pretending to be on the phone isn't conquering your fears, but GIVING IN to them. Lying, pretending and misrepresenting are ALL forms of succumbing to hear. They are LETHAL to confidence, and only breed arrogance, which is one of the most potent chick repellants i've come in contact with. Finally, truth be said, when i have to, i can be as confident as a granite boulder. However, this does NOT help you get chicks, it only makes you look like a player who's done this so many times that he no longer feels ANYTHING. How much fun do you think interacting with someone like THAT would be? Having a genuine smile on your face and even acting a little shy will BY FAR get you better results than walking around and pretending to be Rambo. And yea, this has been tested to death, as i talk to more hot chicks in a single weekend than most guys here do in a year.

donArjun

Don Juan
Reaction score
good convos always be number closing ?

I can hold convos with women, but I am ejecting at the point of asking for a number.
When the convo is good , either I eject because I sense there isn't an overwhelming interest on her part, and when there is
or I feel they are not attractive enough and I don't want anything to do with them. Hence , I've talked to a lot of women, but only have gotten 1 email. When the convo is bad or too short , obvviously didn't sync, and I eject anyway. Sometimes I have these short convos ( how was your shopping ? do you like this shop etc? , just hell maybe I don't pursue it enough, not enough interest partly because of too short ) don't really ask for a number of these short ones , maybe I should.

Should one always be number closing irregardless just for the hell of it ?
How can I get to the next step ?

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing all girls say is they HATE it when they find out that the guy is lying while he's "flirting".

I'm not saying it doesn't work - just don't do anything that will get you caught. i.e. Later on she finds out you have no sister-in-law. Basically that will mean she realises your the type of guy who goes to malls to pick up women and lies to get them instead of the honest guy who was buying a nice present for someone else.

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Krassus said:
Mystery has no character, and any man who aspires to become like him is in for SEVERE disappointment.

[/B]
Where on earth did you get this information from? is it an assumption or have you met him in person? do you know anything about mystery?

Mysteries main part of his game is his character!

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dirtyvibe said:
i have
LMAO, I'm sorry I had to contribute to this thread.

What you are saying is that MM is the only method that works on 8+s?

Jeez, I wonder what guys did before the great God Mystery came down :rolleyes: :crackup: .