Tried to hook up off Myspace, got robbed at gunpoint

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man Robbed by Teen Girls, Thought He was Meeting MySpace Friend

6/15/2006

A Jacksonville man says he was duped and robbed by two girls after attempting to meet with a woman he met on the internet.

The victim says he chatted online with a woman, known on her MySpace.com profile as “Natalia”, for two weeks before deciding to meet with her. He says her prfile showed sexy photos, and a blurb which said “just lookin’ for something fun”. That brief, friendly description was all he knew about her before they planned to meet.

"She sent me a message saying she thought she met me somewhere," says the victim.

They decided to meet at what she called her home at the Bentley Green Apartments.

“I went to [the apartment] and knocked on the door, and there was no answer. So I called her and said, ‘I'm here’ and there was no answer."

That is when two girls who were 14 and 15-years-old, approached him saying they knew Natalia, the girl he thought he'd be meeting. They also said they knew where he worked at what car he drove.

"This was not the girl that the picture was of on MySpace," the victim said.

Now sensing something was wrong, he was ready to take off, but was stopped by a shocking discovery.

"[One of the girls] took [a] gun out and put it to my head and told me to empty my pockets."

The girls didn't get much because the victim had forgotten his wallet. They let him go, unharmed, and he called police.

Police did a search of the area and found the two teens with another male suspect. They searched a purse and found two loaded handguns.

Myspace.com may have been developed for friends and music, but this victim had to find out the hard way that not everyone is logging on for the right reasons.

The so-called Natalia did tell the victim that she was 18, so he was shocked to learn he was actually talking to a 14-year-old. He says he has since removed personal information from his MySpace profile, like his salary and the kind of car that he drives.

Those teenagers are now charged with armed robbery and carrying a concealed firearm.

http://www.fox30online.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=5D7C3B7D-A2EC-437B-80F4-FF319371B0E0

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao!

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Parents used to say "don't talk to strangers".

But more and more people are, with the help of the internet.

Now it looks like parents are going to have to tell their kids "don't meet strangers of whom you became acquainted with (and your only connection to is) from the internet".

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cant think of a user name said:
Parents used to say "don't talk to strangers".

But more and more people are, with the help of the internet.

Now it looks like parents are going to have to tell their kids "don't meet strangers of whom you became acquainted with (and your only connection to is) from the internet".

i'm kinda broke right now, anybody wanna meet???:whistle:

:crackup:

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reason #568272 why myspace is gay.

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
GAAAHHHHHHH MYSPACE I HATE YOU!
Listen to this sh!t.
I know a a gurl (we'll call her Jannette) whom met a guy over myspace. Soon, not even a week, after meeting him over the net (without even seeing him in person) BAM their engaged. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!?!?!

I think we should all go back to living in trees

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He says he has since removed personal information from his MySpace profile, like his salary and the kind of car that he drives.
Translation: He has since removed the inflated figure which masks his salary and the randomly google-found picture of some sportscar.

What a dip****.

Doctormad

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never have, nor will I ever use myspace.

Even after moving to a new city, I would much rather meet people in person than online. I will admit though I do have friends that I met online that I chat with occasionally

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha wow! Robbed by a pair of teeny boppers!!! How embarassing is that? Now I know why I use my page for neworking ONLY. The only people on my friends list are people in my industry who can give me advice and help me advance in my career goals. And some VIP host at some local clubs and lounges around here (Vegas...it's about WHO you know.)

"Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy sh*t with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the f*cking trigger 'til it goes "click."
-The Jesus

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch the video through the link guys, looks like the US is getting taken over by the Russian mafia... I'm sure they are not the only Russian girls/guys operating like this...:whistle:

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah there are always risks, but this stuff has been happening offline for decades too - guy picks up girl in club, takes her home, wakes up next day to find his wallet and valuables missing.

These are (some of) the risks of picking up strangers, whether it's online or offline.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exp said:
Wouldn't it have been easy for him to outpower the two girls? I mean, distract them and punch them out. Or does that only happen in the movies?
In movies, good guys never really die...:whistle:

Especially in this case, the guy did the right thing. Because it turned out the guns were real and they were loaded.
See how stupid it could have been to have your great life ended there for some stupid hollywood style bravado?:nono: