any guy here tried the free dating site Plenty of Fish ?

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Have you had any success in meeting a woman?

I post my profile on there but all the ladies ignore it. I was told by other people that I look too conservative like the Republican. :eek:

If you had success on the site, What was your secret?

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
picard said:

I post my profile on there but all the ladies ignore it. I was told by other people that I look too conservative like the Republican. :eek:

Picard, I've met some women off of Plenty of Fish. I'd imagine, it's like any other site, success is relative to what you put into it.

I would say though, that the women on Plenty of Fish are serious about meeting up, in general.

For me, it goes like this..mail a bunch of gals. Like fishing. Maybe 1 out of 4 actually responds back.

So far, out of every response back...I've spoken to them in person, then met them. So far, that's pretty good. As long as you get a response back from them, just go for the phone number.

Also, you'll get a bunch of crazy women who mail you as well. That's the only downside to the site. Don't feel like you have to respond to any of them.

scorpio1138

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I've had the same experience.

One thing i noticed in particular about that site though...

LOTS of heavy girls and single mothers then any other dating site I've been to.

Okcupid is recommended as well.

ssj4halo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was actually in a 3 month relashionship with a girl I met on POF. Okay site overall. Haven't got much success w it since then.

Tiguere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If there is one single group of people you DON'T want to look like .... Are the republican conzervatives.

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
scorpio1138 said:
Yeah I've had the same experience.

One thing i noticed in particular about that site though...

LOTS of heavy girls and single mothers then any other dating site I've been to.

Okcupid is recommended as well.

I notice a large number of heavy girls and single mothers too. good grief. The last person I want to get involve with is single mother.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the bright side, you know immediately that they have kids and need not bother.

At a bar, it's not always so obvious.

scorpio1138

Don Juan
Reaction score
picard said:
I notice a large number of heavy girls and single mothers too. good grief. The last person I want to get involve with is single mother.

Amen!

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't tried POF but I have tried craigslist a few times, and had the same experience, 99% single moms and fatties.

The couple attracitive childless women I did meet had major mental issues. Internet dating blows.

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For example

Above is one girl who emailed me from CL, face cropped to hide identity. She said, and I quote "I'm totally cute, just not skinny"

J.F.

Don Juan
Reaction score
picard said:

The secret is to have good photos and a simple, not terribly long profile that makes you seem like an easy going and fun kinda guy. Both of these are a must. If you look "too conservative" in your pics, dress differently and take new pics. If your profile description is too long (takes more than 20 seconds to read), it will be ignored.

P.S. stay away from women who only have headshot photos...it's no coincidence that they are not showing their bodies.

scorpio1138

Don Juan
Reaction score
most of them also claim "average" or "athletic" body types and are nothing of the kind.

I hate that.

Some of them with a few different pictures have some really bad ones. It's hard to believe they don't realize a bad picture of themselves...(most of us have bad angles)

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried Plentyoffish, my profile got voted "sexiest user", met alot of cool women and even got some clients out of it, it can be pretty good for networking / friendships and hook ups.

J.F.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
I've tried Plentyoffish, my profile got voted "sexiest user", met alot of cool women and even got some clients out of it, it can be pretty good for networking / friendships and hook ups.
Out of curiosity...clients for what?

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:

I have sexiest user by mine. There is no way to vote that on someone's profile. It is used by POF to get people to stay.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
clients for what
Im a personal trainer, and when women ask what i do they hire me or try to get free information from me.

I have sexiest user by mine. There is no way to vote that on someone's profile. It is used by POF to get people to stay.
WHAT ?!!? you mean the women of POF dont't really like me ??? its just a trick by the site admins to boost my ego ?.....

:( :( :( :( :( :(

RMM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SoCalMike said:
I haven't tried POF but I have tried craigslist a few times, and had the same experience, 99% single moms and fatties.

The couple attracitive childless women I did meet had major mental issues. Internet dating blows.
Heh. Set your search location to "New Zealand" and do a search. I guarantee you'll be depressed by the quality of the local cattle.

If you want to meet attractive women down here, you've gotta get out on the field.

(And yes, the field, because the place where cows graze is called a paddock here).

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
Im a personal trainer, and when women ask what i do they hire me or try to get free information from me.

WHAT ?!!? you mean the women of POF dont't really like me ??? its just a trick by the site admins to boost my ego ?.....

:( :( :( :( :( :(
I was not trying to be offensive with telling you that. I saw it several days ago and searched it out and one of the admin guys, may have even been Markus himself half a$$ explaining it.

I am sending you a pm too.

Apologies to OP for hijack, not my intent.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I literally got into this online dating thing a few days ago. Maybe it's just "beginner's" luck but I don't see why it gets such a bad rap around here. I already have 2 coffee dates setup and I'm e-mailing back and forth with 2 more girls right now. I guess, I'll find out if their pictures were deceiving when I meet them, but so far these chicks seem to be of decent quality.

It's not bad at all so far considering how little time I invested. I ripped off my profile from something I read here, I put up a few pics and then I sent cut and paste messages to a bunch of girls. Most of them didn't respond, but it's going alright with the ones that did respond.

It seems to be a really good way to play the numbers game. You can literally "approach" 20 girls half an hour to 45 minutes.