Are these texts bad, or am i overreacting?

CaConfused

Don Juan
Reaction score
Been on 3 dates. Great sex twice. She makes veiled suggestions about how we should be exclusive, etc.

Last saw her unplanned on Monday night.

Couple texts during week.

I text her Thursday morning. She texts me back a paragraph and ends it "I have to tell you the whole story later"

I text back "oh? Tell me tomorrow night." Thinking that it was a smooth way of asking her out.

So fvck--- I get really drunk while out and I send one more text - just a ? Mark----- AT 1 AM!!

So question:

Was my text about tell me tomorrow night clear that I wanted to see her? I wonder because she's usually enthusiastic to see me but this time she didn't respond at all. Almost wondering if it was too passive.

And 2 - did I **** up with the ? Mark and how do I recover?

Last edited:

CaptCommando

Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's into you the way you make it seem, don't think you ruined the booty call. Just step back before you send another '?' Lol. Put a lock on your phone that your drunk self can't figure out.

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop texting.
Seriously, why can't you call?

Then you might have gotten the whole story. Then maybe you could have asked her out again. Then maybe you wouldn't be on the forum asking how to communicate with people in real life, or wondering if your text came off the wrong way.

If I'm in a bad mood or preoccupied with work, a friendly text can seem like a burden on me. If someone calls when I'm in a similar situation, and they say "Hello! How are you today?" I brighten up and I'm more receptive.

CaConfused

Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptCommando said:
If she's into you the way you make it seem, don't think you ruined the booty call. Just step back before you send another '?' Lol. Put a lock on your phone that your drunk self can't figure out.
Yeah my buddy and I were laughing about that. I think they have an app for that. (Seriously)

But she hasn't responded to either text, so I'm at a loss at what to think. Do I just sit back and wait?

CaConfused

Don Juan
Reaction score
pinkfl said:
Stop texting.
Seriously, why can't you call?

Then you might have gotten the whole story. Then maybe you could have asked her out again. Then maybe you wouldn't be on the forum asking how to communicate with people in real life, or wondering if your text came off the wrong way.

If I'm in a bad mood or preoccupied with work, a friendly text can seem like a burden on me. If someone calls when I'm in a similar situation, and they say "Hello! How are you today?" I brighten up and I'm more receptive.
Because we're both at work at the time and she volunteers in the evening. Her text that I replied to did not seem to be in a bad mood.

CaConfused

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, just got my answer from her and its a weird one, especially since she waited a whole day to let me know if we're going out tonight.

"Sorry I have been busy. I have to work tomorrow so I'm staying in tonight & going to bed early."

No alternate offer.

Guess I'll just reply with a "No prob - have a good night."

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaConfused said:
"Sorry I have been busy. I have to work tomorrow so I'm staying in tonight & going to bed early."

Easy come, easy go.

CaConfused

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. Don't think she liked the text. Think I'm gonna NC and let it breathe unless you guiys have better idea. My first inkling was to ask her when shes free, but maybe it would look needy.