Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Life - your purpose in it.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Your purpose in life?

To know it's not illusive because purpose is hard to find.
It isn't.
It's illusive because purpose is meaning that in order to get there, you will have to push yourself to the limits of your abilities, to that moment where you simply and quietly know - ok, that's as good as I can do.

That's really all there is to it. If one is caught in the modern man's trap of existential pointlessness, as far as I can see there's really only one way out. Dream big, and do better. You have galactic karmic permission to have the audacity to take on whatever you need to do to find your purpose in existence.

If you don't have the backbone to start, well, to yourself and to the rest of us as well, obviously got no purpose. If you've tried and got nowhere, you'll need to try again and do a better job. Maybe you'll never succeed, and you know this. Maybe the heroism of seeking purpose anyway while knowing you'll never find it is what create purpose in your existence.

Right now, we as a culture really need people who will take up that heroic task of trying to find purpose in a world where it's going to be pretty difficult to find. We need to take this task on seriously and with integrity. Some might suggest a lot easier for romantics like myself to dabble with big archetypes such to create a meaningful existence than it might hacking out a subsistence life eating millet in some poor village somewhere in the 3rd world. As such, in the future of scarcity we face some might suggest I'm a bit out of touch.
Maybe, maybe not.

Actually, I think not. It all depends on how one looks at the task at hand. Again, the key to a meaningful existence is simply doing what you do in a sincere manner and to the best of your ability--which will often need to mean with such success and excessive bounty that it has a measurable positive effect in one's environment and community.

In other words, it may prove most important to the survival of mankind that there remain a critical mass of those who, heroically, deliberately, get out of bed in the morning and go about their business cheerfully - in spite of the future we may soon face.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If one is caught in the modern man's trap of existential pointlessness, as far as I can see there's really only one way out.
Well, first off, there is no "way out" unless you mean dying. Because there is no inherent "purpose" in life. Look up and understand the existential phrase "Existence precedes essence." This may take you a year or so to fully comprehend.

If you want to make up some "purpose" in your life then fine, go for it. Just don't be a fascist about it. Hitler had a "purpose" too.

Me, I'm just fine without having a purpose.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Well, first off, there is no "way out" unless you mean dying. Because there is no inherent "purpose" in life. Look up and understand the existential phrase "Existence precedes essence." This may take you a year or so to fully comprehend.

If you want to make up some "purpose" in your life then fine, go for it. Just don't be a fascist about it. Hitler had a "purpose" too.

Me, I'm just fine without having a purpose.
The purpose of life - is to have a life of purpose.

Yes Hitler had a purpose - a destructive one, but a purpose nonetheless. I don't mention anything about having a moral code.

A serial killer has a purpose (which in effect is what Hitler was by the way).

If one is logical about it, the choice to exist is inherently irrational.
I give the inherently irrationaitly of life a purpose - by creating a purpose.
And don't worry - its not fascism.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zunder said:
The purpose of life - is to have a life of purpose.
Hey, whatever makes your monkey jump. But if that's your "purpose" then you will spend the rest of your life searching for a purpose. So be careful about the purpose(s) you choose for yourself.

OR you could just dispense with all the "purpose" stuff and try to enjoy wherever the river takes you.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Hey, whatever makes your monkey jump. But if that's your "purpose" then you will spend the rest of your life searching for a purpose. So be careful about the purpose(s) you choose for yourself.

OR you could just dispense with all the "purpose" stuff and try to enjoy wherever the river takes you.
Yes mate just enjoy it huh. "Be yourself" too, just let "the river of life" lead you wherever it goes, like the ball on a roulette wheel, its all chance it just happens you have no control, no "purpose", you just let it all happen.

Ok bro - you enjoy your "river of life". Good for you.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Actually Zarky - why are you even on this forum if you have no purpose?

Fact is you don't really grasp what I am getting at.

T

tj

I think the purpose of life is to pursue an ideal. I like the Tao philosophy quite a bit.

It works for me.

fwiw..peace

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zunder said:
Actually Zarky - why are you even on this forum if you have no purpose?

Fact is you don't really grasp what I am getting at.
Well, glad you cleared that up for us. I like talking about social dynamics and the mating market. That's why I'm on this forum, and others. I'm also on watch forums because I like wrist watches, and diving forums because I enjoy diving. Not sure what that has to do with anything though.

Just because I don't have "a Purpose" doesn't mean I don't have interests. Might as well enjoy stuff before I kick the chicken.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Zunder,
"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may"Life is just a big juicy apple,while you have vigour and an active Libido,just enjoy,don't waste time philosophising.