A girl called after two weeks

FunkyMillion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the situation.

I called this girl twice but she never picks up so I left a message twice.

then two weeks later (yesterday)... she called me but I didn't pick up and she left me a message saying to call her back because she's been busy with work (whether that's true or not, I don't care) but she said in her message to call her back when I get her message. Then I called earlier today but she never pick up again and I didn't leave a message.

NOW! should I call her again tomorrow?

-Funky

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clearly, the other two or three guys she was sort of seeing aren't panning out. I wouldn't expect fireworks when you meet this girl. She's calling you out of boredom.

Call again, and leave a message saying "my phone is charged again. Call back any time from 10 am to 10 pm tomorrow, and I should be able to answer right away."

If she doesn't call, that means she had to work a 12 hour shift with no lunch or bathroom breaks. C'mon.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FunkyMillion said:
Here is the situation.

I called this girl twice but she never picks up so I left a message twice.

then two weeks later (yesterday)... she called me but I didn't pick up and she left me a message saying to call her back because she's been busy with work (whether that's true or not, I don't care) but she said in her message to call her back when I get her message. Then I called earlier today but she never pick up again and I didn't leave a message.

NOW! should I call her again tomorrow?

-Funky
Let the games begin! the power struggle is already in place, whoever is the one to pick up loses (not quite). But if either of you are interested in letting this go further besides phone games, one of you will have to eventually answer. Oh and never leave messages.

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, power struggle.

I feel you on this 1.
I would def. do what you gotta do, within the confines of keeping it Suave G'.
Fvck power struggles... if you meet up w. her, then you've already succeeded.
From there... drop all the game you want on her. The phone chasing is over, and its live in the flesh goodness.

Def. becareful to keep the game in your hands though.
A chick like this, could have quite the player tact as well.
(even if she isn't a player)

So, you keep the control, and don't get to too sweet/nice guy w. her.
Keep it dominant Suave'

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a chick calls you back TWO WEEKS LATER you shouldn't even call her back!!! People are busy, but not THAT BUSY. Furthermore, not calling her back, would increase her interest level since she thought you were highly interested. Anyhow, to answer your question, NO don't call her again. She's looking for an ego stroker, not a date.

PIMP

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. So I just dropped it, forgot about her. 2 weeks and no calling me back is bs.

Tau

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have nothing to lose if you keep trying to get in touch. May as well give her the benefit of the doubt. That way if she really is interested then you won't miss a chance. And if she still seems flakey then big whoop, who cares? But seriously, it takes like a minute to call her, so why not take a shot?

Don't overthink that power struggle thing. She's a so-so prospect that it costs you hardly any effort to go after. Why the hell not?

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tau said:
You have nothing to lose if you keep trying to get in touch. May as well give her the benefit of the doubt. That way if she really is interested then you won't miss a chance. And if she still seems flakey then big whoop, who cares? But seriously, it takes like a minute to call her, so why not take a shot?

Don't overthink that power struggle thing. She's a so-so prospect that it costs you hardly any effort to go after. Why the hell not?
true, but in the olden days of the board, people would have screamed: "NEXT!"

tobby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, I used to worry about all this crap with a girl calling me or not, until I realized this: (came mostly through trial and error. I hate learning that way, but it's one of the best teachers!) :D

If a girl's truly interested in you, she wants to keep in contact with you; she'll also answer her phone when you call and always tries to call you back.

Always put the situation in your shoes! If you really liked a girl and she called you, would you wait 2 weeks to call her back! (I know maybe 1-3 days to show you're not needy, but not 2 weeks!)

This girl truly sees u as a guy to have fun with when she's bored. Have fun with the situation, but I wouldn't bother with it.

mark9

Don Juan
Reaction score
She could just be using you to get even with some guy. You have to be careful with this one. I would not waste much time on this one. I would take it as casual and try my luck on some other girl. It happend to me. When I had issued with my gal, I did not call her for two days. She call another friend up and left a message for him. He was hitting on her infront of me and I was laid back and saw the whole thing. She ignored him twice. That was when I first met her.