Waiter - How to approach your customers

MANG

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to this forum obviously.
How would I approach girls when I'm not their waiter?
How would I go about getting a number?
I see a lot of hot girls in my restaurant (family oriented restaurant -breakfast place) and I just don' t know how to approach them. Any advice for the noob?

jcap

Don Juan
Reaction score
you don't

you are a lower class then your customer, your customer will not respect you unless she's fugly.

I've seen this hundreds of time, some waitor thinks he's hot sh1t.

Dood you a waitor. You not ready to have a relationship with your 12 hour shifts and mininum wage payment.

GET A REAL JOB THAT CAN PROVIDE FOR A FAMILY ,LOSER.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn. jcap owned it. date waitress and batenders dood. Meet girls outside of work. You might **** up your job trying to holla at women at work.

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im a caterer (basically same thing) so I believe I can shed some insight.Well in my line of work I usually cater to weddings so I have an added bonus there.

Sometimes while Im serving a table and Im sure this is the case for you as the girl(s) just keep watching your every move.I mean its normal for customers to pay attention to waiters but Ive seen it happen to me even when its not needed.

If they are with their family,then just dont try.Like for me I think it would be extremely awkward to get a number while they are in front of family.I mean you could small talk and ask what school they are from and such and say you have seen em around but thats about as far as you should go.

In one instance this table I was serving with a family had this girl just keep STARING AT ME constantly.I mean non-stop staring as I was delivering food and I could tell from corner of my eye.She was eye ****ing me a ridiculous amount.So as her parents and grandparents go up to dance and shes all alone

me:you look like your having fun (sarcasm)
her:yeah lots of fun
me:you know,if i wasnt wearing my uniform now,id probably ask you to dance haha but unfortunatly I cant
her:(laughs alot)

Fluffed it from there and got her facebook last minute before she left.

Though what I did is what you can do aswell.As she was leaving her parents were saying the usual bye to other friends and I just waved my hand to signal for her to come to me.A very simple isolation like that then got the facebook easy.

If you are sure she likes you,just say "You know what I didnt get a chance to talk with you but I sure would like to.Gimme your number and ill get back to you soon" or just hand her your phone and say "listen,i dont wanna play no games.do what you gotta do" only if you are sure shes interested

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jcap said:
you don't

you are a lower class then your customer, your customer will not respect you unless she's fugly.

I've seen this hundreds of time, some waitor thinks he's hot sh1t.

Dood you a waitor. You not ready to have a relationship with your 12 hour shifts and mininum wage payment.

GET A REAL JOB THAT CAN PROVIDE FOR A FAMILY ,LOSER.
You are a horribly, horribly ignorant person, and a detriment to society.

Anyway, as to the original question, generally, you don't hit on people at other waiter's tables. If you really, really have to, then help the waiter out by helping run food or refill drinks...but make sure you tell the waiter it's because of the girl, otherwise they may get offended (some people are insulted by the help, they think it infers they're doing a bad job). When you approach, just be your funny and upbeat guy, just like any other approach. However, I have never seen someone snag a number from another table. Your best bet is probably to make a deal with the hostess to ask her to give you the girls night out tables.

I waited tables for about 3 years in college, and over that time I had 2 cuties ask for my number, and 2 others leave their phone numbers on the receipt for me. I worked at a place where there were a lot of hotties working, and there was probably one story per night on the weekends about them getting asked out / phone numbers left, it's not that uncommon. Personally, I was more about hitting on my co-workers, but I digress.

Also I'll add that George Clooney was dating a girl he met waiting on him at a bar/restaurant once.

Last edited:

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is really no time to get know a girl when your a waiter. Sure, you could go up to good looking girls, ask them how their dinner is. But, you cannot build enough attraction through; "How is your steak tonight, Would you like some more water?" "Great, I'll be a good waiter and be right back for you."

Meet chicks outside of work.