The importance of shoes...

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really wasn't sure whether to put this in the "Anything Else" category or this one, but I'm pretty sure that this is the right place for it. In any event, here goes.

I've picked up on the fact that girls place a huge amount of interest in a guys shoes. Argue if you will, but I can't begin to count the number of girls I've met who will admit that what a guy wears on his feet is important - one I dated even said she had a "shoe fetish", they were that important to her. Odd, because shoes to me are just something to cover your feet. It's because of this that I've taken to wearing A&F sandals/slaps.

I did a search on the question I'm about to pose before I started this thread - as I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't, but "shoes" yielded 1257 results. Instead of wading through each thread hoping to find the answers (which are matters of opinion, but still...) I'll ask in here.

What are some "hot" shoes? What colors? Style? Apparently what I find to be good looking are in reality probably the most hideous examples of footwear anywhere to be found on the market today, so I'm forced to rely upon the opinions of others. I'd ask a girl to go with me out shopping, but I also hate the idea of spending twice what I would on eBay in the mall.

So, any advice or help would be appreciated. Tennis shoes shouldn't be this hard to understand. :p

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL! I can get women wearing cut up jeans and a shirt wearing sandals or something. Sure, a little bling bling on you will make you shine but that's not what gets you sex in the end. Bishop, I think you've been hanging out with a lot of spoiled girls to believe their bull****.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ebach
LOL! I can get women wearing cut up jeans and a shirt wearing sandals or something. Sure, a little bling bling on you will make you shine but that's not what gets you sex in the end. Bishop, I think you've been hanging out with a lot of spoiled girls to believe their bull****.
you must be able to pull off that look then. cut up jeans are 'in' just now btw

for most guys, they need to make as good an effort as possible to get some tang, although i personally believe it sometimes works against them as they come off as trying too hard to impress people.

i wear my black converses to clubs and i'm usually the only one there with them on. what do you guys think?

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gav
you must be able to pull off that look then. cut up jeans are 'in' just now btw

for most guys, they need to make as good an effort as possible to get some tang, although i personally believe it sometimes works against them as they come off as trying too hard to impress people.

i wear my black converses to clubs and i'm usually the only one there with them on. what do you guys think?
"...the ripped jeans look couldn't be more over than all the overs ever bowled at the Oval."
- GQ (British edition), July 2004

Converses are very popular, but that also makes them generic and doesn't really convey your status well, in my opinion. I've seen them everywhere, but if you're the only guy in the club with them, your results may be different. Sneakers can look great with a suit or a dressy outfit like that, but with jeans or chinos, etc., the dressier the shoe, the better. "Formalizing" a casual outfit is a trend that's been developing for the past year or two; that's why you see guys wearing blazers over T-shirts and jeans or even tuxedos (sans tie) with jeans.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's apparently true that women consider nice (and well kept) shoes important. After reading this I asked a few female and a few gay friends and they agreed and said it shows attention to detail, elegance, while the condition of them strongly reflects on hygiene and care.

But it's important that your footwear goes with the clothes you are wearing and your image. I.e. wearing training shoes with trousers and a shirt is a no. Wearing formal shoes with jeans or casual wear is also a no.

I have a pair of CAT boots for every day wear, a pair of black Hush Puppies for formal wear, but my friend and I swear by POD shoes as they're a good balance between smart and casual and are not too pricey either.

http://www.podshoes.com/mens/mensfootwear1.asp (hope this isn't considered advertising!)

Loafers are considered very chic, but they're not very versatile and don't go well with casual wear.

San

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wear what you like and what makes you feel good.
I like to wear sandals, but only the marrocan/indian style and i feel like i'm floating. ;-)

Dan Hunter

Don Juan
Reaction score
i normally try to wear something different from most guys cuz everyone seems to have the same shoe..

try different colours,it worked for me...i was suprised when i found out how much shoes matter:p

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I have these.

Nike Cortez - http://www.footlocker.com/catalog/p...54406&module=shoes&action=view&zone=1&grid=13

Reebok Pressure (mine are all white) - http://www.footlocker.com/catalog/p...h&supercat=other&sku=4-100633&model_nbr=40282

Converse EV Pro - (mine have a flesh colored sole.)http://www.footlocker.com/catalog/p...percat=other&sku=41067&model_nbr=36349#styles

Adidas Superstars -

http://www.footlocker.com/catalog/p...rch&supercat=other&sku=2100061&model_nbr=3279

Im kind of sick of having so many sneakers though so im on the prowl for something classy.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
try to stay away from anything that has athletic appeal, i.e. nike, reebook, etc.

Right now, as far as style, Steve Maddens are extremely hot, and actually not that expensive. An average pair in the store will run you $65.00, $39.00 if you get them off of ebay.

Also Diesel is pretty hot as well; I have an all black and an all blue pair to match certian clothes but I honestly perfer Steve Maddens better.

Also Keneth Cole makes so very nice casual shoes as well.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's because gay guys care about shoes. Bishop still doesn't know he's gay. I bet my two balls that Bishop is bisexual.

Anyway, I wasn't talking those fake manifactured ripped jeans. I was talking about ****ing overworn ghetto style dirty ugly jeans that you go fishing with. Women love it! First they think of society's rules how you look like some poor bastard, then I pull off that million bucks posture with some eye contact to smoothen the situation and watch the honey think I'm the hottest thing on the planet.

All the clothes in the world won't get you women. You're trying too hard with buying cloths to look good. Might as well get a prostitude and pay for sex.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ebach
That's because gay guys care about shoes. Bishop still doesn't know he's gay. I bet my two balls that Bishop is bisexual.

Anyway, I wasn't talking those fake manifactured ripped jeans. I was talking about ****ing overworn ghetto style dirty ugly jeans that you go fishing with. Women love it! First they think of society's rules how you look like some poor bastard, then I pull off that million bucks posture with some eye contact to smoothen the situation and watch the honey think I'm the hottest thing on the planet.

All the clothes in the world won't get you women. You're trying too hard with buying cloths to look good. Might as well get a prostitude and pay for sex.
Ebach, did I kill your cat in a previous life or something? Last I checked, insulting someone's sexuality on the internet is still a pretty insecure (not to mention pathetic) thing to do. Like I said before, my current manner of dress is the A&F look to the core - ripped jeans (yes, manufactured), sandals, button-downs, polos... However, working in retail you notice what people put importance with - and shoes are definitely it. I hope that you're joking when you say that wearing dirty old jeans will get you women because they think you're hot for not caring that society likes clean clothes... I've never seen any HB's with a wino-looking-guy on the streetcorner who has good posture. Doubt I ever will.

Anyway, some of the shoes in the thread I've liked - some I haven't... I'm definitely agreeing that the colors are more important than I thought before - keep the styles coming!

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you posted that in my Panama City Pictures thread too... If there's some kind of hidden meaning, then I don't get it. If there's not, then stop hating the player and start hating the game. :rolleyes:

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
insulting someone's sexuality on the internet is still a pretty insecure (not to mention pathetic) thing to do
Don't accuse me of being insecure and pathetic over the internet, please. Last I checked, insulting someone's insecurity and patheticity on the internet is still a pretty insecure (not to mention pathetic) thing to do.

It's all good, Bishop, we all do it and we're all in the special olympics. Someone help us... cry for help!

Btw, don't you agree that Arnie's Pizza is one funny mofo?