An interesting trend I've notice with Gen Z males and how this may shape society

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is critical thinking that thing that keeps getting professors fired? Any suggestion outside a student's belief system becomes a trigger which turns into a complaint. Trigger enough complaints, and the college prioritizes their client money... I mean students... over the professors. I'd be happy to hear contrary evidence, but I just see critical thinking headed downhill.

I recall that college professors are 3% conservative and 97% liberal. Even if you're liberal, that ratio should look disturbing. Diversity of race, sexuality and gender are prioritized - but not diversity of thought.
That's a huge reason why the liberal arts programs should be avoided for the most part and this is something you are unlikely to find in the STEM fields. I knew a person that majored in Microbiology and minored in Anthropology that discussed this. She mentioned that one of the courses for her minor she needed to take human evolution or something like that and a good part of the course the woke professor was talking about breast feeding and how it affects women lol. A legitimate subject was turned into a woke mess for no reason, which is something you'll be very likely to find in other fields. A lot of the made up things like genders or women's studies or any of the non white/western cultural studies will incorporate **** like this lol.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Computer related fields are another one that I feel are difficult, again with AI it is going to evolve and change at a rate that only those with a high degree of natural talent will be able to adapt to.
Don't trust a salesman to tell you the truth about his company's product. This claim started with Nvidia's CEO - the same Nvidia that makes AI computer chips.

I think it is more realistic to predict higher productivity for software engineers using AI tools. I expect AI provides new uses for software, which in turn requires more software engineers.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Comments from the old lady:

As someone who has built a career in STEM I concur with the sentiments expressed above. AI is coming on in many fields but in medicine (for example) there is an art to it as well as science, and AI will be years away from being as good as the best doctors.

My son is consistent in all the things expressed as a 21 yo Gen Z man. He tells me that guys in his generation are more conservative in many ways and are not drinking the gender bender Kool Aid.

As I have noted in many threads my son is about to get married. It will be a full Catholic wedding to a young lady he met in Catholic grade school. Her ambition in life is to be a good wife & mother. He graduates university in less than a month and will pursue his master's degree remotely once he commissions in the military.

He is very red-pilled. He is aware of gender dynamics, how women really are, his buddies come to him trying to figure out how to find a solid relationship with a solid girl like he has, etc.

He sees the futility of a bachelor's degree although he must have one to be a commissioned officer, and the military has the benefits of a security clearance and specialized training that will benefit his career.

I've done everything in my power to prepare him to do well in the world, including expose him to my father before he died and other solid men. He has a loving father who has been present through his life and very involved. Despite our imperfections we have done the best as parents (co-parents) that we can.

If there are other young men out there like my son, there is hope in this upcoming generation. My son assures me there are.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a huge reason why the liberal arts programs should be avoided for the most part and this is something you are unlikely to find in the STEM fields. I knew a person that majored in Microbiology and minored in Anthropology that discussed this. She mentioned that one of the courses for her minor she needed to take human evolution or something like that and a good part of the course the woke professor was talking about breast feeding and how it affects women lol. A legitimate subject was turned into a woke mess for no reason, which is something you'll be very likely to find in other fields. A lot of the made up things like genders or women's studies or any of the non white/western cultural studies will incorporate **** like this lol.
Uh, anthropology is the study of man, and breast-feeding has been a very important human activity. :rolleyes:

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh, anthropology is the study of man, and breast-feeding has been a very important human activity. :rolleyes:
I think you might have misunderstood that comment. The professor was dedicating time to actually discussing breast feeding and how it impacts women, as if it has any broader importance to the subject. We could be talking about actual human evolution, the various archaic humans and how they slowly developed over time, the climate and environmental challenges, the wildlife they evolved around, etc. Instead, we'll focus on diverting this topic over to women's studies issues. Not sure how you are missing that.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you might have misunderstood that comment. The professor was dedicating time to actually discussing breast feeding and how it impacts women, as if it has any broader importance to the subject. We could be talking about actual human evolution, the various archaic humans and how they slowly developed over time, the climate and environmental challenges, the wildlife they evolved around, etc. Instead, we'll focus on diverting this topic over to women's studies issues. Not sure how you are missing that.
Uh, women are half of humans. :rolleyes:

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't trust a salesman to tell you the truth about his company's product. This claim started with Nvidia's CEO - the same Nvidia that makes AI computer chips.

I think it is more realistic to predict higher productivity for software engineers using AI tools. I expect AI provides new uses for software, which in turn requires more software engineers.
I think you severely underestimate how fast this technology will take over the employment sector and how many fields it could potentially render obsolete. Chat GPT is literally able to write college level papers for students, I've had several people mention how when they have papers due they don't even write anything themselves and everything is AI generated. AI art work and graphics are absolutely insane. I also think movies and recreating deceased or de-aging actors will be much more the norm, some good examples would be the recent Indiana Jones movie that came out last year and when they put Tarkin in the Rogue One. I expect this to get much more advanced, especially with full blown recreation of voices, etc.

Logistics and supply is another major one, large retail companies are already investing large amounts of money into this to mitigate loss of sales and more efficient management of inventory.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
The cost to get a bachelor's degree is severely overpriced due to the combination of factors I mentioned, such as virtually unlimited FAFSA money and a huge demand to attend. The strength of a bachelor's has diminished substantially since this started in the 1990s and does not bring the same benefits as it once did.
In my fields I can tell you for sure you're going to need a bachelors to even be considered for a position, a Master's or Phd are even better. You're simply not even getting past the recruiter and or HR. When I was a hiring manager I did hire people who were IN college, and some of them never finished their degrees until I beat them into submission to do it. The reason is that while you can get into jobs paying 150-200 BASE without one if you're exceptional, you won't go much past that in your career, you will not be considered for leadership roles and so on. You can do entry level tech and maybe some 1099 work without one, but you're kind of stuck there until you make a name for yourself if you do, which is like 5% of the population that is capable and has the raw processing power and self-start capability that is needed.
People didn't really start seeing college for what it is, a profit generating mill, until after COVID. During the pandemic, everything went online and the courses were often times asynchronous. Despite this, colleges were still charging 4 or even 5 figures per semester when these students weren't even showing up to a campus. You should look at most colleges and universities as businesses or corporations looking to generate as much revenue as possible. They also receive grants and often times generating ridiculous amounts of tax free revenue, I watched a video on this about Harvard a while ago and trying to find it right now as I'm writing this reply.
If you get a bullshyte degree you'll get bullshyte returns from it. I'm in California, and for its many warts, it is easy to get a good education for not much money. You're not going to Stanford or CalTech, but you can get into UCSD, UCSF, Cal Poly, Davis, etc. all top flight public schools, and between grants, scholarships work/study programs if you're smart you can get out for well under 6 figures worth of debt, I know, I did 38k for my latest degree, that earns 125-150 out the door, I knew that going in, and chose to do it for work/life balance. If you get into a good degree program at any of the universities listed above you can make even more.

I partially agree with your comments about STEM, but I disagree with your comments about making ridiculous sums of money in that. You've been in your career for decades, no person under the age of 40 who has been in their field for roughly 10-15 years or less is going to be in such a position. Most people do not have the natural aptitude or talent to pass, let alone excel, in very complex fields like nuclear engineering, astrophysics, etc. I actually thought about going back to school for cyber security, and as I discussed with @FlexpertHamilton I was concerned about AI. By the time you've learned a specific skill set, it's virtually obsolete and possibly useless due to AI constantly evolving. I believe the AI is a huge game changer to many of these fields you are probably imagining. Again, the trend is towards a more hypercompetitive environment.
7 years ago I had entry level engineers in my organization that I hired that started at 150, 1 year of experience. So braaaaap, you're wrong.

Your comments about earnings reminds me of these delusional college students I've heard talk about how much they are going to make when they get out lol. I remember meeting up with a guy I knew at a bar on the ASU campus and the girl was talking about her degree and how she was going to make 200k+ right out of college lol. I obviously didn't say anything, but it amazes me that people still believe this nonsense. Unless you are living in NYC or LA, you don't get into those types of earnings unless you are an M.D, a dentist or maybe have a in a highly technical engineering field. You aren't getting that with a degree in mechanical engineereing or chemistry or nursing or any normal tiered bachelor degree lol.
BRAAAAAP, wrong again. I have personal experience in this.

Whether you like it or not, AI is going to make a lot of these degrees even more obsolete and people should be prioritizing real skills. Unless you have an unusual talent or aptitude for highly technical academic fields, such as those I cited, you should put a lot of time into thinking this over. A degree in Chemistry or Physics is not necessarily a one-way ticket to a solid paying job, and I've also considered pursuing degrees in these subjects.
You may not be up to date on AI. But it cannot replace human interaction, which is necessary in almost all fields, medicine, and yes technology and yes even AI. AI solutions cannot sell themselves, cannot conceptualize it self, cannot build AI infrastructure, build data centers, install routers, run cabling, or provide IaaS/PasS to those who build end use products. We are a very long way from Cortana and Lt. Data, like a long long way. The human brain is better at complex problems than AI will be for hundreds or even maybe thousands of years, AI looks magical to laymen because of its raw capacity to run thousands of scenarios in a few milliseconds, but the solutions must still adhere to litmus test cases to be viable in the real world and those test cases and standards will always be created by humans.[/QUOTE]

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my fields I can tell you for sure you're going to need a bachelors to even be considered for a position, a Master's or Phd are even better. You're simply not even getting past the recruiter and or HR. When I was a hiring manager I did hire people who were IN college, and some of them never finished their degrees until I beat them into submission to do it. The reason is that while you can get into jobs paying 150-200 BASE without one if you're exceptional, you won't go much past that in your career, you will not be considered for leadership roles and so on. You can do entry level tech and maybe some 1099 work without one, but you're kind of stuck there until you make a name for yourself if you do, which is like 5% of the population that is capable and has the raw processing power and self-start capability that is needed.

If you get a bullshyte degree you'll get bullshyte returns from it. I'm in California, and for its many warts, it is easy to get a good education for not much money. You're not going to Stanford or CalTech, but you can get into UCSD, UCSF, Cal Poly, Davis, etc. all top flight public schools, and between grants, scholarships work/study programs if you're smart you can get out for well under 6 figures worth of debt, I know, I did 38k for my latest degree, that earns 125-150 out the door, I knew that going in, and chose to do it for work/life balance. If you get into a good degree program at any of the universities listed above you can make even more.

7 years ago I had entry level engineers in my organization that I hired that started at 150, 1 year of experience. So braaaaap, you're wrong.

BRAAAAAP, wrong again. I have personal experience in this.

You may not be up to date on AI. But it cannot replace human interaction, which is necessary in almost all fields, medicine, and yes technology and yes even AI. AI solutions cannot sell themselves, cannot conceptualize it self, cannot build AI infrastructure, build data centers, install routers, run cabling, or provide IaaS/PasS to those who build end use products. We are a very long way from Cortana and Lt. Data, like a long long way. The human brain is better at complex problems than AI will be for hundreds or even maybe thousands of years, AI looks magical to laymen because of its raw capacity to run thousands of scenarios in a few milliseconds, but the solutions must still adhere to litmus test cases to be viable in the real world and those test cases and standards will always be created by humans.
[/QUOTE]

You don't understand what I'm talking about. You also live in CA and I've specifically told you how citing earnings from there is not relevant in the big picture. Making 150k in one of those metros is probably akin to around 60k for the rest of the country outside of places like NYC, etc. You have no concept of what realistic earnings are. No college student is going to be pulling much north of 100k within a decade without living in a high cost metro or being in a very technical field that requires a lot of education.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
You don't understand what I'm talking about. You also live in CA and I've specifically told you how citing earnings from there is not relevant in the big picture. Making 150k in one of those metros is probably akin to around 60k for the rest of the country outside of places like NYC, etc. You have no concept of what realistic earnings are. No college student is going to be pulling much north of 100k within a decade without living in a high cost metro or being in a very technical field that requires a lot of education.
Actually I do for my areas of expertise medical and technology. Salaries are comparable in Silicon Valley and NYC, ask me how I know.

P.s.
If you’re mediocre in Silicon Valley you’re mediocre in NYC. Sucks when you’re not credentialed properly no matter where ya go.

My opinions are based on personal experience, are yours?

Last edited:

Bokanovsky

Banned
Reaction score
Our current social order is based on the idea of brainwashing and dumbing down the general population but this can only work in the short run. That's why communism failed in the Soviet Union. After a few generations, people just weren't buying that sh!t anymore. The same thing will happen in the West. The big question is how violent the end will be.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I do for my areas of expertise medical and technology. Salaries are comparable in Silicon Valley and NYC, ask me how I know.

P.s.
If you’re mediocre in Silicon Valley you’re mediocre in NYC. Sucks when you’re not credentialed properly no matter where ya go.

My opinions are based on personal experience, are yours?
This response has nothing to do with my previous post. No person with just a bachelor's degree is going to be making well north of 100k within a decade of graduation. The only exceptions are those living in very high cost of living areas, like CA or NYC, and those who got into very technical fields, like nuclear engineering. Any student at a university who isn't planning on getting into a super technical field or pursuing a lot of further education, like a doctor or dentist, is fuxking delusional to believe they will make 200k or more from a regular job lol. Even PAs and pharmacist aren't pulling that.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
This response has nothing to do with my previous post. No person with just a bachelor's degree is going to be making well north of 100k within a decade of graduation. The only exceptions are those living in very high cost of living areas, like CA or NYC, and those who got into very technical fields, like nuclear engineering. Any student at a university who isn't planning on getting into a super technical field or pursuing a lot of further education, like a doctor or dentist, is fuxking delusional to believe they will make 200k or more from a regular job lol. Even PAs and pharmacist aren't pulling that.
What first hand experience is what you have posted based upon?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Just go to Glassdoor, PayScale, or Indeed and do your research.

Picking an entry-level AI engineering ops job:

The starting salary for an AI operations engineer can vary based on location, level of education, relevant experience, and the specific industry or company. However, as of recent trends, the starting salary for an AI operations engineer in the United States typically ranges from $70,000 to $120,000 per year. In high-cost-of-living areas such as Silicon Valley or New York City, salaries may be higher, while in other regions, they may be lower. Additionally, individuals with advanced degrees or specialized certifications may command higher starting salaries. Researching specific job postings and salary data for the most accurate information is always a good idea.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What first hand experience is what you have posted based upon?

Just go to Glassdoor, PayScale, or Indeed and do your research.

Picking an entry-level AI engineering ops job:

The starting salary for an AI operations engineer can vary based on location, level of education, relevant experience, and the specific industry or company. However, as of recent trends, the starting salary for an AI operations engineer in the United States typically ranges from $70,000 to $120,000 per year. In high-cost-of-living areas such as Silicon Valley or New York City, salaries may be higher, while in other regions, they may be lower. Additionally, individuals with advanced degrees or specialized certifications may command higher starting salaries. Researching specific job postings and salary data for the most accurate information is always a good idea.
Ok, and you are basically proving the point I've been getting at all along lol. A highly technical field earning 70k to 120k but higher in high cost of living areas lol. I don't understand where you are confused with what I'm getting at.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Our current social order is based on the idea of brainwashing and dumbing down the general population but this can only work in the short run. That's why communism failed in the Soviet Union. After a few generations, people just weren't buying that sh!t anymore. The same thing will happen in the West. The big question is how violent the end will be.
Riots will be coming hard in as early as possible in November 2024 the election results (doesn't matter which side wins) will have people in an uproar we will have martial law in this country within a year or less I reckon. If this doesn't happen by April 2025 I urge the mods to ban me, if it does happen, don't say I didn't tell you so!

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When the young men of a society conclude that the game is rigged against them, society collapses. Poon is the great opiate that keeps young men in the game.
Dont you think that although poon is men's great motivation, simultaneously d1ick aint it for women?

Most of the men you're talking about want steady poon aka a steady relationship. But what's in it for her? Let's have a honest conversation about this.

By the way, this is the convo that TWO 40 + year old dudes avoid like the plague while they BOTH are in a 3 + year process to get their third world shytehole women over. Like they are both 19 instead of 40 and they are oblivious to the facts and unable to answer my previous question.

No game, no social skills,havent slept with a woman in years, but yet they want it all. At this point I can predict how MY life would go if I'd get a woman over from my original shytehole third world country; she'll ruin my life and rightfully so. Because she'll soon find out I only took her in because I can't find one near by. That's it. Not because I went on vacation oozing game and attracting women left and right.

Last edited:

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Patently untrue. I'm in a medical/healthcare field, have *just* a bachelors degree from a state university and was easily making over 100K (more like 150K plus) within 8 years of graduation...and it could have been quicker had I not stayed in academia for 6 years post graduation. That was in 2000 (when I first made 150+) And I'm not a nurse or clinician. I hold a science degree.

I now make well north of the above. Again with *just* a bachelors degree. In my field people with 2 years of experience can easily make 100K+. So within 2-3 years of graduation it is very possible IF you get a degree in something useful. Not women's studies or marketing.

What happens of course is that in many instances these less experienced people do not do the job properly and then the companies have to hire someone like me for much more to clean up the mess.

Breastfeeding is important. Cuts down infant mortality, creates better health profiles, especially immunity in babies, which equates to better survival, increases post partum healing in the mother through stimulation of uterine contraction & hormonal factors, and reduces susceptibility to certain future diseases (breast cancer) in the mother. So as a man OP you may not realize this but physiologically it is very important to women. Before modern times many women and their babies died in childbirth or shortly thereafter. The Taj Majal was built as a tomb & memorial for an Indian royal who died in childbirth. So it cuts across socieconomic classes. You may not have known all that.

Short answer, you want the mother of your kids breastfeeding them. Benefits everybody.

BoostedArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s not why they’re not getting educated. The z’s were raised in a time of abundance generated by their gen x and early gen y parents, who did get degrees. They’ve lived lives on easy mode and just aren’t willing to work if they can freeload from the government and family. It’s all they’ve ever known.

I didn’t get my degrees to get laid, I did because it was a field that interested me.
As a gen Z I have to say that's nonsense.

The following comment eplains it. Why should I put in effort if it won't pay off? I could just do the minimum and do whatever the fck I want.

Also what kind of abundance? Previous generations fcked the economy hard. The housing market (at least here in europe) is fcked, I can't get an appartment for below 2000 a month. Or a room in a student-appartment for below 1000. Wages are not growing enough to match inflation... etc.
No, the reason is that men don't see the payoff of poon for all their labor, so what's the point?

Here's a great comment:
Here's an explanation for you: men work in order to be able to afford and provide for a family life, but since most men seem to not be eligible partners for womern - according to dating statistics that show that women tend to look for men who are wealthier, taller and have higher social status than themselves - there's no reason for most men to contribute to society any longer.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
As a gen Z I have to say that's nonsense.

The following comment eplains it. Why should I put in effort if it won't pay off? I could just do the minimum and do whatever the fck I want.

Also what kind of abundance? Previous generations fcked the economy hard. The housing market (at least here in europe) is fcked, I can't get an appartment for below 2000 a month. Or a room in a student-appartment for below 1000. Wages are not growing enough to match inflation... etc.
oh boy here we go…

Explain to me, a Gen-x’er, how it’s my fault you suck at life? My kids who are I-Gen are doing just fine with their college degrees. Makes ya wonder…

Locus of control

Locus of control refers to the degree to which an individual feels a sense of agency in regard to their life. Let’s explore this concept further:
  1. Internal Locus of Control:
  2. External Locus of Control:
    • People with an external locus of control tend to attribute outcomes to external influences or luck.
    • They believe that other forces—such as random chance, environmental factors, or the actions of others—are more responsible for the events that occur in their life.
    • An example from someone with an external locus of control might be, “I did well on the test because it was easy.”
  3. Impact on Behavior and Outcomes:
  4. Development and Influences:
    • While some believe that locus of control is innate, evidence suggests that parents play a major role in how their child develops it.
    • Encouraging a child’s independence and teaching them to associate actions with consequences can result in a better-developed internal locus of control.
  5. Self-Efficacy:
    • Another related concept is self-efficacy, which refers to one’s belief in their ability to accomplish tasks and achieve goals.
    • People with high self-efficacy often have an internal locus of control, but the two measures are not perfectly correlated.
    • For instance, someone may feel empowered to influence their own health (high internal locus of control) while lacking certain skills (low self-efficacy) like cooking healthy meals.
In summary, understanding our locus of control can impact how we approach challenges, take responsibility, and navigate life’s complexities. Whether internal or external, it shapes our mindset and actions.

Sure sounds like you’re in the (-/-) quadrant lower left.

Fackin’ waah

Last edited: