Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Russian Climbing Video

silverfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Last edited:

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, I found a forum on parkour! It's really good! I wish there was a studio in my area that taught this type of thing! I bet you develop better body control from doing this! Btw, here's the forum with info on how to do some of the awesome moves!

http://www.rip-cord.co.uk/phpBB4/

Oh yeah, thanks for those other 2 video clips man! They're freakin awesome!

It looks like it might become a new style! haha, I was totally impressed when I saw that video!

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isnt this called 'freestyle running'? I always thought this stuff was awesome but Im not fit enough or acrobatic enough to do this stuff. Does anybody know how to go about training for this type of sport?

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian20o2
Isnt this called 'freestyle running'? I always thought this stuff was awesome but Im not fit enough or acrobatic enough to do this stuff. Does anybody know how to go about training for this type of sport?
I think the first thing to do would be getting fit... Running.. having a good diet.. working out (stuff on this forum).

I would suggest maybe taking up gymnastics and a martial art of some kind.. there are tutorials on that forum I posted the link to... where you can learn how to do that sort of stuff.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian20o2
I started this out because it seems pretty fun, I've had alot of use from the ninjutsu I used to train, it learns you the basic rolls you need, diving over obstacles and rolling, catclimbing walls, etc...

From what I've noticed sofar endurance is the most important part, balance, some explosive strength and a strong mind.

Lately how I have been training is simply splitting up the different part of the parkour which you need to run. Precisicionjumping, rolling, balancing, vaulting and stuff like that.

like a training session could look like this:

warming up 10 minutes with jog+stretching
2x50 rolls alternated
3x3 minutes of balancing on rail
5x10 precision jumps
5x10 running towards obstacle and climbing and jumping from the top and rolling
5x10 diving rolls
3x10 speed vaults
3x10 kong vaults

having a short pause between the sets so you can think on what you did right/wrong.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*has visions of aspiring don juans jumping off their roofs while filming, and breaking their legs.....*

silverfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
There aren't really classes in freerunning or parkour. The best thing to do is go outside and try it. It's best if you have some friends to train with and it is NOT about showing off.

www.urbanfreeflow.com is a great resource with tutorials etc.

Yuriy777

Don Juan
Reaction score
Parkour is fun

semag said:
*has visions of aspiring don juans jumping off their roofs while filming, and breaking their legs.....*
I must emphasize that during initial training most newcomers don’t do any major jumps for 6-12 months (It’s like a strengthening period).

NOTE:
It is not about jumping off of roofs or flipping off of ****.
It is about overcoming obstacles while running in an urban environment.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is really great stuff.

If I could I would be so happy to be as athletic as these guys. But I know it requires at least ten years of training.

When I see/hear steroid fed "tough" big guys talking about how "strong" they are, and how the ladies love their monstrous "muscles", I just want to laugh... :crackup:

Here's the real deal, strenght, flexibility, agility. Props to these guys! :up:

Yuriy777

Don Juan
Reaction score
Le Parisien said:
This is really great stuff.

If I could I would be so happy to be as athletic as these guys. But I know it requires at least ten years of training.

When I see/hear steroid fed "tough" big guys talking about how "strong" they are, and how the ladies love their monstrous "muscles", I just want to laugh... :crackup:

Here's the real deal, strenght, flexibility, agility. Props to these guys! :up:
You reside in the same country as the creator David Belle. How far away is Paris from the town of Lisses where they have that 6 story playground they mess around on? lol

Also, the below link is better in describing parkour (in subtitles).
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6614398787467285640&q=Parkour

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for like two weeks in middle school i parkoured. i read about it in a magazine and thought it sounded like the coolest shiit ever.

but wow. these guys are actually good at climbing shiit.

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Time for me to get back into training for this.lol. Now that Ive lost 15 lbs ima start doing alot more of this stuff. Time to start jogging and running through the woods and streets! Ahhh! Im pumped!:rockon:

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yuriy777 said:
You reside in the same country as the creator David Belle. How far away is Paris from the town of Lisses where they have that 6 story playground they mess around on? lol

Also, the below link is better in describing parkour (in subtitles).
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6614398787467285640&q=Parkour
Lisses is located in the far south suburbs of Paris, approximately 35km (22 miles) from downtown Paris.

The French suburb is the equivalent of the American innercity, basically low income families and immigrants live there.

No surprise that "parkour" originated from the French suburb just like breakdancing originated from the American innercity.

I just love the strength, agility and beauty in this kind of sports. Whether rich or poor, old or young, local or foreign, people can all appreciate it and would go "wow". It's so universal...:up: